Extra Connector (resized).jpg
20200704_151705 (resized).jpg
20200701_142739 (resized).jpg
20200520_191041 (resized).jpg
20191230_162829 (resized).jpg
20190818_133320 (resized).jpg
20190818_133409 (resized).jpg
20190818_133500 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I just picked up a WOF last week and came to realize that there isn't much discussion for this pin so I figured I'd start a club thread since there doesn't appear to be one in existence.

As for my game it appears to be HUO by all appearances but I'm unsure of it's prior history beyond the previous two owners prior to me. My game has a full LED conversion and LED OCD board which really looks fantastic on this title! This is my first experience with LED OCD but it really makes the LED lighting look full and natural and the fades and transitions are perfect. I am considering getting more of these boards for my other games.

What does everyone recommend as far as game settings go? Mine are stock except for my "Multiball Start" difficulty has been moved up from the default of Extra easy to "easy". This was a suggestion from a friend who previously owned this game as it requires you to hit all of the multi-ball stand-ups before starting multiball. Beyond that I have my tilt set tight and the game pitched around 7.5 degrees. I must say that I've owned a lot of the more difficult DMD games such as BSD, Shadow, TZ, etc. and WOF is probably the most challenging and least forgiving game out of any of these. Maybe it's just that it's new and I'm not completely "dialed in" to the gameplay but I have a hard time even getting multi-ball started most games and can rarely make it past a couple of the bonus puzzles. I know people complain about the lack of wizard mode and unfinished code but with how difficult the gameplay is I can't see myself getting anywhere close.-at least on my current setup and settings. Between all of the stacking available with the various modes/multi-balls and all the strategy/decision making on puzzles I can actually see this game have some long term last ability in my collection. It's still early but so far I am really enjoying this game and really appreciate that it feels/plays so much different than any other DMD game out there. I've owned several of Keith Johnson's games in the past (LOTR, TSPP, WPT) and this one has a completely different feel to both the gameplay and rule-set.

As far as tweaks/adjustments go I was having a lot of problems at first with the drop targets "bricking" shots. I shortened up the springs and that seems to have greatly reduced the number of bricked drop target shots. It also seems like my autolauncher sometimes has problems getting the ball launched all the way around on the first attempt. I put in a new sleeve and it seems to hit the ball cleanly but I'm attributing most of this to the steep pitch. Other than that though the game has been playing great for me and I have really found it to be a fun addition to the line-up.

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

WoF is challenging. Great for the bump and nudge development and mastering. The Wheel is awesome. Its different, that is for sure.

Yeah I feel like it's going to make me a much better player on my other machines! The Wheel has got to be one of the most impressive and useful toys in all of pinball. Very cool how it is utilized.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from Duff:

Loved mine but it was time to go. Traded for it NIB. The slow down on the flow is waiting for the wheel to stop. The post on the left ramp can be disabled but now you have the ball back to the flipper and targets that can't register until the wedge is established. The wedge modes are some of the most creative and really make the wheel a toy. The 2x and 4x scoring is fun when the drops are all down. Rt ramp and next shot is 2x. Rt ramp, Lft ramp, next shot is 4x. I have had some single letter values come in over 4M. Some have an issue with banking points of which you only get when you solve a puzzle but that is the risk/reward. The skill shot shot is awesome too.
Great game.

Yeah the game seems unique in that the layout is conducive to flow but the wheel and the software force you to slow the game down and play it like a stop and go shooter's game.-at least in single ball play. In multiball it becomes more of a flow game again. I don't know that I've owned a game that makes you think more while you're playing and concentrate on both what to shoot and what not to shoot. And the 2x and 4x shot multipliers on the ramps is genius! After owning for a couple weeks now I can see where the software is a little rough around the edges and missing polish but what's there is a lot of fun!

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from Duff:

Definately read through the pinballnews review of the rules for a better understanding of what is there.

Thanks! I'll likely go through and re-read these again. I also found Bowen's tutorial to be extremely helpful although that took me a couple viewings to really understand what's going on.

2 years later
#74 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Are the "total" screens at the end of a multiball garbage in every version of WOF? or is this a "feature" of 6.02? They don't show the actual total value.

Yes. That's always been messed up. Check out Bowen's tutorial (running 5.0) from around 3 minutes until about the 5:30 mark. He had 2 trip multiballs (Chicago, Africa) stacked simultaneously with Wheel mb and got like 500k points. If there's ever a "Wheel of Fortune Continued" I'm sure that will be fixed

2 months later
#82 5 years ago

You guys are going to love the colorDMD! I have the donor game that Eric colored and it really looks incredible!

IMG_20190416_205432 (resized).jpgIMG_20190416_205432 (resized).jpg
1 year later
#107 3 years ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

Not seeing m(any) mods for the game either lol

I'd recommend an led-ocd board for the leds and mirror blades to go along with the colorDMD. This game doesn't really need any mods beyond that. I miss mine!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

5,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Suffern, NY
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wheel-of-fortune-club?tu=mikes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.