Topic Stats

• 122 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 77 days ago by hisokajp
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 30 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20201014_200624 (resized).jpg
20201012_121945 (resized).jpg
Extra Connector (resized).jpg
20200704_151705 (resized).jpg
20200701_142739 (resized).jpg
20200520_191041 (resized).jpg
20191230_162829 (resized).jpg
20190818_133320 (resized).jpg
20190818_133409 (resized).jpg
20190818_133500 (resized).jpg
image-88 (resized).jpg
C32D05B8-FE5F-43A0-89A5-842F8F1542F8 (resized).jpeg
2D0231F3-3DC9-4F4B-99B0-837CA3A50A3A (resized).jpeg
391E172C-38C8-43E5-8EF5-CEA4E450681A (resized).jpeg
18108683-A3E6-4734-A451-008E49262ADE (resized).jpeg
ED029749-60CF-4068-A775-5DAA5458276D (resized).jpeg

There are 122 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 6 months ago

Super unique game...I miss mine.

#102 6 months ago

Occasionally, wheel will go into indexing mode and doesn't function properly during game play. Seems to be an intermittent problem. Any ideas where to start looking? Thanks.

#103 6 months ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Occasionally, wheel will go into indexing mode and doesn't function properly during game play. Seems to be an intermittent problem. Any ideas where to start looking? Thanks.

See post #73 https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wheel-of-fortune-club/page/2#post-4823345
I had the problem described in that post but I had already ordered and installed another wheel board from Marco to resolve it for me. See if this sounds like your same problem. This seems to be a common issue that may pop up on WOF pins eventually. I took my old board and gave it to Rob Anthony borygard to do the repairs described by the PHOF guys. Rob came up with a easier solution for his version of the repair. So now I have a spare in case that part becomes unobtainable in the future, or in case the Marco board didn't have that fix on it.

Not sure if this is the same issue, but sounds like it is at a intermittent times. Check to make sure all of the connections on the back of the wheel board are secure first. Try to clean the opto lenses also.

#104 6 months ago

Got a few games in and loving it. Game is so different than the rest of my collection. Any suggestions for sideblades, rubber/ posts colors, etc? I've got warm white LEDs and a color dmd on the way, but would like to make WoF pretty. Photos of suggested sideblades if you have any! Please and Thank you

#105 6 months ago

Even though they abandoned the code, I love the rules.

Like you said...it's different than most pins.

I once asked Gary Stern about a code update and he scrunched up his face and said "no".

#106 6 months ago

Not seeing m(any) mods for the game either lol

#107 6 months ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

Not seeing m(any) mods for the game either lol

I'd recommend an led-ocd board for the leds and mirror blades to go along with the colorDMD. This game doesn't really need any mods beyond that. I miss mine!

#108 6 months ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

Got a few games in and loving it. Game is so different than the rest of my collection. Any suggestions for sideblades, rubber/ posts colors, etc? I've got warm white LEDs and a color dmd on the way, but would like to make WoF pretty. Photos of suggested sideblades if you have any! Please and Thank you

Go to post 89 for pics of WOF side blades

#109 6 months ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Rob came up with a easier solution for his version of the repair.

So what is the easier repair?

#110 6 months ago
Quoted from OTRChief:

So what is the easier repair?

Maybe not easier, but he said that there was a better part for the solution. I don't know what that difference in his solution was. But the PHOF solution was well defined to solve the problem in their post. If someone (like me) isn't that talented to solder small things on boards, Rob does that kind of work and has done this repair for me.

#111 6 months ago

Is there any newer code than 6.02?

20200704_151705 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#112 5 months ago

I was putting in a new Opto Board yesterday to fix the continuous ramp completion problem. I noticed I have a large 2 pin connector with three brown wires at the very back under the playfield. I don't see what it plugs into. Any thoughts? The game seems to play fine.

Extra Connector (resized).jpg
1 month later
#113 4 months ago

Quick question fellas, Does the game freeze up when the big money switch is hit during a ball drain. A fellow pin head and I keep running into this when the ball drains and it is lit. Is this one of the code issues. He is running 5.0 code. I dont remember this being an issue

Thank you in advance

#114 4 months ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

Mirrorblades look good on mine.

#115 4 months ago
Quoted from McPin54:

Quick question fellas, Does the game freeze up when the big money switch is hit during a ball drain. A fellow pin head and I keep running into this when the ball drains and it is lit. Is this one of the code issues. He is running 5.0 code. I dont remember this being an issue
Thank you in advance

What does it do exactly? Big money awards something on the Dmd animations, so there is a slight pause, but not an all-out freeze up of the game. Do you have to reboot?

#116 4 months ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

What does it do exactly? Big money awards something on the Dmd animations, so there is a slight pause, but not an all-out freeze up of the game. Do you have to reboot?

Not a complete freeze. Wheel just keeps spinning. Flippers are active. Almost like the game gets stuck. The slight pause is ever lasting.

Thank you for responding

#117 4 months ago
Quoted from McPin54:

Not a complete freeze. Wheel just keeps spinning. Flippers are active. Almost like the game gets stuck. The slight pause is ever lasting.
Thank you for responding

That sounds really bizarre. So when the balls goes over the big money switch and big money isn't lit, the game just acts normal? If so, this sounds like a quirky software issue. Maybe hit factory reset on the machine to see if something got corrupted.

#118 4 months ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

That sounds really bizarre. So when the balls goes over the big money switch and big money isn't lit, the game just acts normal? If so, this sounds like a quirky software issue. Maybe hit factory reset on the machine to see if something got corrupted.

Yes

2 weeks later
#119 3 months ago

yesterday I joined the club !!!

20201012_121945 (resized).jpg
#120 3 months ago

Does anyone know where I can buy the vinyl cabinet? mine are discolored, surely the sun gave them.

#121 3 months ago
20201014_200624 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#122 77 days ago

I have just picked up a WOF, I am going to do a top PF tear down to LED the game and put silicon rubber across.

Couple questions:
-anyone has a spare palm tree by any chance? the rest of the plastics are fine but one of the tree is snapped in half.
-Is there any place I could buy ramp flap replacement? The ramps are fine, just a bit dirty but the flaps are pretty rusted. I found the right ramp flap and solve puzzle at Marcos but not the left one?

Thanks!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 50.00
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
4,500 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Coaldale, PA
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
There are 122 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside