Extra Connector (resized).jpg
20200704_151705 (resized).jpg
20200701_142739 (resized).jpg
20200520_191041 (resized).jpg
20191230_162829 (resized).jpg
20190818_133320 (resized).jpg
20190818_133409 (resized).jpg
20190818_133500 (resized).jpg
There are 155 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 3 years ago

Super unique game...I miss mine.

#102 3 years ago

Occasionally, wheel will go into indexing mode and doesn't function properly during game play. Seems to be an intermittent problem. Any ideas where to start looking? Thanks.

#103 3 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Occasionally, wheel will go into indexing mode and doesn't function properly during game play. Seems to be an intermittent problem. Any ideas where to start looking? Thanks.

See post #73 https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wheel-of-fortune-club/page/2#post-4823345
I had the problem described in that post but I had already ordered and installed another wheel board from Marco to resolve it for me. See if this sounds like your same problem. This seems to be a common issue that may pop up on WOF pins eventually. I took my old board and gave it to Rob Anthony Borygard to do the repairs described by the PHOF guys. Rob came up with a easier solution for his version of the repair. So now I have a spare in case that part becomes unobtainable in the future, or in case the Marco board didn't have that fix on it.

Not sure if this is the same issue, but sounds like it is at a intermittent times. Check to make sure all of the connections on the back of the wheel board are secure first. Try to clean the opto lenses also.

#104 3 years ago

Got a few games in and loving it. Game is so different than the rest of my collection. Any suggestions for sideblades, rubber/ posts colors, etc? I've got warm white LEDs and a color dmd on the way, but would like to make WoF pretty. Photos of suggested sideblades if you have any! Please and Thank you

#105 3 years ago

Even though they abandoned the code, I love the rules.

Like you said...it's different than most pins.

I once asked Gary Stern about a code update and he scrunched up his face and said "no".

#106 3 years ago

Not seeing m(any) mods for the game either lol

#107 3 years ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

Not seeing m(any) mods for the game either lol

I'd recommend an led-ocd board for the leds and mirror blades to go along with the colorDMD. This game doesn't really need any mods beyond that. I miss mine!

#108 3 years ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

Got a few games in and loving it. Game is so different than the rest of my collection. Any suggestions for sideblades, rubber/ posts colors, etc? I've got warm white LEDs and a color dmd on the way, but would like to make WoF pretty. Photos of suggested sideblades if you have any! Please and Thank you

Go to post 89 for pics of WOF side blades

#109 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Rob came up with a easier solution for his version of the repair.

So what is the easier repair?

#110 3 years ago
Quoted from OTRChief:

So what is the easier repair?

Maybe not easier, but he said that there was a better part for the solution. I don't know what that difference in his solution was. But the PHOF solution was well defined to solve the problem in their post. If someone (like me) isn't that talented to solder small things on boards, Rob does that kind of work and has done this repair for me.

#111 3 years ago

Is there any newer code than 6.02?

20200704_151705 (resized).jpg20200704_151705 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#112 3 years ago

I was putting in a new Opto Board yesterday to fix the continuous ramp completion problem. I noticed I have a large 2 pin connector with three brown wires at the very back under the playfield. I don't see what it plugs into. Any thoughts? The game seems to play fine.

Extra Connector (resized).jpgExtra Connector (resized).jpg
1 month later
#113 3 years ago

Quick question fellas, Does the game freeze up when the big money switch is hit during a ball drain. A fellow pin head and I keep running into this when the ball drains and it is lit. Is this one of the code issues. He is running 5.0 code. I dont remember this being an issue

Thank you in advance

#114 3 years ago
Quoted from Digduglus:

Mirrorblades look good on mine.

#115 3 years ago
Quoted from McPin54:

Quick question fellas, Does the game freeze up when the big money switch is hit during a ball drain. A fellow pin head and I keep running into this when the ball drains and it is lit. Is this one of the code issues. He is running 5.0 code. I dont remember this being an issue
Thank you in advance

What does it do exactly? Big money awards something on the Dmd animations, so there is a slight pause, but not an all-out freeze up of the game. Do you have to reboot?

#116 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

What does it do exactly? Big money awards something on the Dmd animations, so there is a slight pause, but not an all-out freeze up of the game. Do you have to reboot?

Not a complete freeze. Wheel just keeps spinning. Flippers are active. Almost like the game gets stuck. The slight pause is ever lasting.

Thank you for responding

#117 3 years ago
Quoted from McPin54:

Not a complete freeze. Wheel just keeps spinning. Flippers are active. Almost like the game gets stuck. The slight pause is ever lasting.
Thank you for responding

That sounds really bizarre. So when the balls goes over the big money switch and big money isn't lit, the game just acts normal? If so, this sounds like a quirky software issue. Maybe hit factory reset on the machine to see if something got corrupted.

#118 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

That sounds really bizarre. So when the balls goes over the big money switch and big money isn't lit, the game just acts normal? If so, this sounds like a quirky software issue. Maybe hit factory reset on the machine to see if something got corrupted.

Yes

2 weeks later
#119 3 years ago

yesterday I joined the club !!!

20201012_121945 (resized).jpg20201012_121945 (resized).jpg
#120 3 years ago

Does anyone know where I can buy the vinyl cabinet? mine are discolored, surely the sun gave them.

#121 3 years ago
20201014_200624 (resized).jpg20201014_200624 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#122 3 years ago

I have just picked up a WOF, I am going to do a top PF tear down to LED the game and put silicon rubber across.

Couple questions:
-anyone has a spare palm tree by any chance? the rest of the plastics are fine but one of the tree is snapped in half.
-Is there any place I could buy ramp flap replacement? The ramps are fine, just a bit dirty but the flaps are pretty rusted. I found the right ramp flap and solve puzzle at Marcos but not the left one?

Thanks!

5 months later
#123 3 years ago

I joined the club a few months back, have been really enjoying it so far, have made a tutorial and gameplay video of mine

1 month later
#124 2 years ago

Had the gate break off on my left ramp enterance. Its only attached on 1 side and direct on the ramp. Has anyone had this issue? I cant imagine i am the first. Any fixes for it besides metal fix and rivets?

#125 2 years ago
20210528_133757 (resized).jpg20210528_133757 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#126 2 years ago
Quoted from bigcity1200:

I have personally owned WOF since 2007 and have enjoyed the game. Still looks brand new. One problem, for many years always have had an issue where the ball is released from the lock, and either hits the left post or slingshot then immediately drains down the middle. I've adjusted the rail, then it was just draining down the middle--!! Well after all these years - the underside play field bracket was loose and as a result the side rail was never properly adjusted. Well, I'm happy to announce that the ball finally is released, against the rail, then hits the left flipper. If anyone ever has this issue - can easily assist. Otherwise it completely ruins the entire game.
[quoted image]
Added over 3 years ago: Update - still have the issue. If anyone can assist please send me a message!

I just picked up this pin and my ball hits the top of the slingshot. The bounce is always unpredictable though fun it can be annoying.

#127 2 years ago
Quoted from sventinker:

I just picked up this pin and my ball hits the top of the slingshot. The bounce is always unpredictable though fun it can be annoying.

Before you tweak anything for that, wax it as mine changed after a good waxing when I first got it.

2 weeks later
#128 2 years ago

So new to the club here but need help.

Shopped out the game this weekend and I am coming up with an extra plastic. I saw this was ask earlier but can’t find anywhere where anyone answered so can someone help me know where this plastic goes. It had to come from the upper left area, that was the side I was doing when I couldn’t find the home.

Thank you all in advance for your help!

FF51C589-FDAA-42DA-BEE5-F4522973EB5A (resized).jpegFF51C589-FDAA-42DA-BEE5-F4522973EB5A (resized).jpeg
#129 2 years ago
Quoted from wesh:

So new to the club here but need help.
Shopped out the game this weekend and I am coming up with an extra plastic. I saw this was ask earlier but can’t find anywhere where anyone answered so can someone help me know where this plastic goes. It had to come from the upper left area, that was the side I was doing when I couldn’t find the home.
Thank you all in advance for your help!
[quoted image]

Approximately the center of the pic, below the lowest pop bumper. Partially under the ramp.
20210725_195902 (resized).jpg20210725_195902 (resized).jpg

#130 2 years ago

Thank you!!! Now to take that ramp back off! I was really hoping I wouldn’t have to take it back off! Lol

1 month later
#131 2 years ago

So I have had this pin a couple of months now and I started experiencing the wheel error after installing a color led display from color dmd. I since replaced the wheel board from Marco twice! twice because the first one came packaged in a way I thought it was already returned to Marco. I have checked the voltage to the board and I have the 5vdc to the two places it comes in on the board and I checked the 18vdc as well even though I think that is just for flasher lights? I would appreciate some direction on where to go next please.

I even put in the old display with no success. I was very cautious when I changed the display and I verified all of the fuses on the main board are good.

#132 2 years ago

simple wizard mode ask, as OK, its not programed : but than (considering 5.00 code), if you reach it, did the game bug/crash ? or you simply grab some big points, and game continue to the begining again ?

1 week later
#133 2 years ago

New member of the club here. Fixed a couple of small issues. All three of the bobblehead coils failed, presumed from all the vibration. The plastic where the lugs are is very thin, and on each one a fine coil wire broke. I soldered those back on and coated them with hot melt. Seems to be holding up.

I also fixed the autolaunch, it was weak from interference with the manual plunger. It was a little out of alignment, and the tip of the shooter rod was mushroomed.

Cool and good looking game, seems a lot to be going on. I'm going to have to dig into some tutorials and rule sheets.

2 weeks later
#134 2 years ago

Hi folks, just got my WOF. I want a topper for it. Is there any way to put another wheel (like the one in the game) on top that would interact or light up? Are those even sold, or available? Anyone out there that can do a custom topper? Looking for any topper ideas if anyone can help…
Thanks!

#135 2 years ago

I had a problem with incomplete drop target resets, or targets falling down by themselves, even after replacing all the drop target bank springs. I found a Stern service bulletin for WPT that suggests adding washers between the target ledges and frame. I used small fiber washers and it made them reset, stay up and work perfectly. See SB165.pdf

3 months later
#136 2 years ago

I'm looking for a copy of the 6.02 code. Please send me a PM if you have a copy available.

Added over 2 years ago:

Code has been received.

2 weeks later
#137 2 years ago
Quoted from SeymorGoldfarbJr:

I'm looking for a copy of the 6.02 code. Please send me a PM if you have a copy available.

Added 9 days ago: Code has been received.

I just updated mine yesterday.

Screenshot_20220123-044259_YouTube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220123-044259_YouTube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220123-044604_Video Editor (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220123-044604_Video Editor (resized).jpg
#138 2 years ago

Added 14 days ago: Code has been received.

I am also hoping to get a copy of 6.02 code. Please

#139 2 years ago

I'm also looking for a copy of the 6.02 code.

2 months later
#140 2 years ago

Just picked up WOF but noticed it has 4 code. where do you get the update? And is it updated with a thumb drive like newer Sterns?

#141 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Just picked up WOF but noticed it has 4 code. where do you get the update? And is it updated with a thumb drive like newer Sterns?

PM sent

2 months later
#142 1 year ago

Looking for 6.02 if anyone has it.

Also, anyone every repaired one of the contestants?

#143 1 year ago
Quoted from scruffypinball:

Looking for 6.02 if anyone has it.
Also, anyone every repaired one of the contestants?

. Yes, I've repaired the contestants. What's wrong with yours?
All three of my contestants were not working because the coil plastic right at the solder lugs cracked, taking one of the fine wires with it. I soldered the wires together and coated the plastic with hot melt glue and have not had any more problems with them

2 months later
#144 1 year ago

I ordered DMDSkins™ Speaker Panel Overlays from Retro Refurbs for WOC, POTC, & Monopoly. These vinyl overlays are nice art additions to what should have been included when the games were manufactured. I suggested this type of product to the US game blade manufacturers several years ago, but they did not respond.

WOF DMD03 (resized).jpgWOF DMD03 (resized).jpg
5 months later
#145 1 year ago

New owner here! Couple questions:

1) Can anyone help me get my hands on 6.01?

2) I reset the game to factory settings. Any recommended or favorite adjustments for home play?

Thanks!

#146 1 year ago

I can help with v6.02. I don't have v6.01. I thought v6.02 was too difficult, especially for casual players and guests. I reverted back to factory, as I couldn't see any benefit to upgrading. What I really would have liked is the simplest thing: some sort of audio during the extra ball award, but it looks like that will never happen. I set all my games to 5-ball, that's about all I change.

#147 1 year ago

Thanks, I found 6.02. Guessing there's no official change log or readme for it, but as I understand the main change is mode goals, and maybe some additional audio? I assume you can still make adjustments to difficulty in 6.02?

One thing I'd like at first blush with 5.0 is the ability to ffwd through the contestant conversations by pressing both flippers...hope that was added.

2 weeks later
#148 1 year ago

I have a WOF and its running 4.0. Were can I find 6.02 update?
Also were to get the Leds and p/n to update this pin?

11 months later
#149 20 days ago

My wife loves the TV show. Do you actually solve puzzles while playing this game somehow? If so, how many puzzles are in the machine? Do they repeat?

#150 20 days ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

My wife loves the TV show. Do you actually solve puzzles while playing this game somehow? If so, how many puzzles are in the machine? Do they repeat?

During most of the game modes, hitting certain targets reveals letters, so the puzzle gets solved that way.
I think you have to sove puzzles yourself during Wizard Mode. For some reason, I just can't seem to quite get there.

Sometimes, I hear a repeated puzzle.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
5,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Suffern, NY
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 155 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wheel-of-fortune-club/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.