(Topic ID: 221304)

What...TZ Target Foam

By 3pinballs

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

Okay so Marco sells these at 30 cents each https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/23-6534-9

Does anyone know where I can buy this as a roll that is exactly like they use in these targets for TZ and pretty much every other game.

I've bought the insulation foam from Home Depot, but it's not the same.

Thx

#2 5 years ago

In my experience it is exactly the same. Years ago I bought a few small pieces like that before I knew abou the had stuff. Ended up having some of the stuff I bought from a vendor right next to hd foam. Absolutely no difference.

#3 5 years ago

I never seem to be able to cut foam properly so that I end up with a nice straight edge at a right angle.

While I like the idea of saving a bucks where I can, I still like to have a few pre-cut ones on hand for when I get annoyed with trying to cut it and waste too much time on it.

I think the last time I picked up a roll of that foam, it was either from lowes or home depot.

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I never seem to be able to cut foam properly so that I end up with a nice straight edge at a right angle.
    While I like the idea of saving a bucks where I can, I still like to have a few pre-cut ones on hand for when I get annoyed with trying to cut it and waste too much time on it.
    I think the last time I picked up a roll of that foam, it was either from lowes or home depot.

Brand new exacto blade works for me.

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

In my experience it is exactly the same. Years ago I bought a few small pieces like that before I knew abou the had stuff. Ended up having some of the stuff I bought from a vendor right next to hd foam. Absolutely no difference.

It just seems that the home depot stuff is a little more spongy, not as dense.

#6 5 years ago

IT's not exactly the same density; this is true. PBL has them for .30 as well, but you do get a discount for buying more than 10. I'd just buy a ton- like 50 of them, it's only going to end up costing you $12

#7 5 years ago

Titan sells it by the foot .99 cents in white and gray

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from DDandB-KID:

Titan sells it by the foot .99 cents in white and gray

they do! you still have to cut it, is all

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whattz-target-foam- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.