(Topic ID: 3836)

What's Yr BEST Deal EVER on a Pin or a Combo Pin Deal !!!

By BLACK_ROSE

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Bally_91_H-D.jpg
    106_6390.jpg
    2002_HUO_Stern_H-D.jpg
    106b6550.jpg
    106b6490.jpg
    106b6480.jpg
    #1 12 years ago

I have a couple Bird-dog's lOOk-n out for Pin's 4-me.. I got wind of a Guy with a 02 Stern Harley w/ the Chrome Package and he was interested in sell-n it.. I got his ph# and made the call . He said he had 2 more Pin's, so we agreed on a Visit date.. ( I took the Trailer !!! ) Anyway , He had a 02 Harley , bought it New from Stern , I went thru the audit's-- It had 835 play's on it. He also had a 1991 Bally H-D . In 07 he had a local Pin Restorer Completely restore the Pin,, They installed New side rail's, ( skin's were still on them, Lock Down Bar , New display's, Combo Leg Kit , the P/F was
    beautiful,,, New Shaker motor ,, etc.. They Shrinked wrapped the Pin with the Head down and delivered it. It was still in his Garage ( un-Touched !!! ) also he had a Beautiful Un-Faded Black Rose .. My Heart Literally Skipped a beat.. I wanted my 2nd B_R.. He was wanting to sell'em ALL and use the money to turn the Gameroom into a bedroom and bring his Parent's up from Fla, to live w/ him.. Said he had over $ 7500.00 invested in the 3. I said ,, " Oh Man,, I can't go go that far " he understood.. I shouldn't say this , but I got the 3 for $ 3k ... Best Deal EVER !!!!

106b6480.jpg106b6480.jpg 106b6490.jpg106b6490.jpg 106b6550.jpg106b6550.jpg 2002_HUO_Stern_H-D.jpg2002_HUO_Stern_H-D.jpg 106_6390.jpg106_6390.jpg Bally_91_H-D.jpgBally_91_H-D.jpg

#2 12 years ago

OK you get this:

http://www.hark.com/clips/wgstycqfwd-you-suck-diddly-uck-flanders

Congrats on the nice pick-up! Some guy is trying to sell the Stern HD here for $2400.

#3 12 years ago

Gees 3 for 3k ?
    must be raining deals near you BR

#4 12 years ago
    Quoted from HELLODEADCITY:

must be raining deals near you BR

Thats not rain HDC, those are my teardrops. Great deal BR!

#5 12 years ago

Your scareing me with those pins on that trailer like that! That was a good deal.

I just got a Diner for $1000. But I don't know how good of a deal it is until it gets here. It is Diamond plated. I plan to restore it.

#6 12 years ago

Great pickup, congrats..

#7 12 years ago

HUO CV for $2500.00.A Big Buck Hunter Pro,4 months old,$2400.00.

#8 12 years ago

That's a great find, BR. I don't think I can beat that one.

#9 12 years ago

Traded a ToM for a RS & IJ....both were unshopped but the IJ had a perfect playfield and no cabinet fade at all & the RS was also unfaded just had a problem with Ted's eye not moving to the right but I fixed that easy enough.

#10 12 years ago

Probably my BF for $800. It really just needed a good cleaning and the typical shop-out stuff. Sold it for $2000 to get my SM.

#11 12 years ago

BOP for $175.00 & NASCAR for $450.00!

#12 12 years ago

My best deal was a warehouse find. The combo was KISS, Fathom, and Fireball II for the grand total of $800. All solid 9's in condition. They're a bit old school for the dmd crowd, but still nice in an old SS collection.

#13 12 years ago

I think mine would probably be Judge Dredd with a really nice cab and playfield for $700 or $650 cant remember but it was cheap and nice, just had to be shopped out.

#14 12 years ago

You had me up until I saw the pins on their legs on the trailer??? Big no no. But hey, it appears they made the trip despite the increased risk. Nice nice nice machines. Great combined theme too. No regrets I am sure.

#15 12 years ago

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!!! B_R that is amazing, great pick up there, I don't know if I will ever talk to you again, but nice score anyway.
    I'm just funnin, I do get excited for those who are able to find such great deals, I guess mainly because most, if not all, of us treat our Pins with great care(minus transporting on a trailer with the legs still on) and even bring them back from the dead.
    So clean them things up, install some LEDs and let us see the PF pics!

#16 12 years ago

Very nice score. I would not have passed that deal either.

My best deal was a Champion Pub and NGG for $60 delivered. They ended up having just over $12 in quarters inside. Both machines are in great shape but the CP has a weird issue from new so it has very little play.

#17 12 years ago

I hope I'm giving one of our newer members a good deal. I'm selling the Phoenix with extra playfield and the A-Go-Go project machine for $350. I've also offered up the Williams Fast Ball machine and three broken Rockola jukeboxes that could be made into one good one if feels it's not enough.

#18 12 years ago
    Quoted from absocountry2:

My best deal was a Champion Pub and NGG for $60 delivered.

How in the bleep did you manage that???

I wish I had any deals like that worthy of posting on here. At least I didn't overpay for my last couple of pins.

#19 12 years ago

Not an epic deal but my friend responded to an ad for a $600 Black Knight and the lady came down to $500 on the phone. We got there and it was actually a BK2K so we handed her the cash and proceeded to throw it in the truck without asking too many questions or taking too long. Unfortunately, the mylar is badly bubbled on a lot of inserts and there's some PF wear at the magnasave but the cab is in great shape and it actually appears it was never routed. It wound up a fantastic player for the money after the extensive shop job we gave it.

#20 12 years ago
    Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

absocountry2 said:

My best deal was a Champion Pub and NGG for $60 delivered.
    How in the bleep did you manage that???

I have the story posted on my pinside. I had only played machines and was not looking to collect at the time I found them. I now have determined I have a pinblem and cannot stop. My youngest son has the bug as well but he still likes the arcade machines when they are there.

#21 12 years ago
    Quoted from absocountry2:

I now have determined I have a pinblem and cannot stop.

Very nice, very nice. That may not be the first time "pinblem" has been used here but that is the first time I have read it and I LOVE it!!!

#22 12 years ago

And I am an enabler. "Hey Abso, there are three pins on craigslist, why don't you go buy them so I can play them." lol

#23 12 years ago

Thanks for the tip. I had checked the site that morning and there was nothing new. I was flying back from checking a bait station when I got your email and replied before I landed. It actually put me off course trying to fly and type you a message.

I am just happy you are away or I would never have gotten them. I am going to put TFTC and Cyclone in the collection this weekend for my party next weekend. Moving half the room around so I will be able to have 11 down there.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-yr-best-deal-ever-on-a-pin-or-a-combo-pin-deal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.