• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4E56773D-D94E-44EC-A679-975A92091283 (resized).jpeg
DB6BAF00-65CE-4393-814D-653D2C57EBD5 (resized).jpeg
#1 6 years ago

What game have you held onto much longer than you would have guessed? For me, it's my Bride of Pinbot. I just love the game. I have had my BoP longer than any other game in my current collection aside from my Twilight Zone, and at least 40 other games have come and gone, while BoP hangs on.

Why? It's just fun. The multiball is a rush, no matter how many times you play it. Getting the billion point shot is pure joy, and the "she's alive!" sequence is just fantastic. Visitors very quickly understand what is going on and they gravitate to the game. At every party I have, there are at least 2-3 people who park on it trying to progress through the faces. I've also set mine up brutally hard, so it's a good challenge for me to be able to practice repeating 2-3 key shots.

I don't have any desire to move the game out, and I'm sure it will keep hanging on as other games rotate in and out around it.

So yeah, what's your game that has survived much longer than you would have expected?

#2 6 years ago

Good question. Probably Congo. I just really like the layout, and for me it has a lot of satisfying shots.

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Good question. Probably Congo. I just really like the layout, and for me it has a lot of satisfying shots.

The volcano is probably a top 10 shot for me in modern pinball. SO GOOD.

#4 6 years ago

At this point it's DH. Mostly because I had never played it at the time or seen it.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

The volcano is probably a top 10 shot for me in modern pinball. SO GOOD.

Agreed. I love that shot. It feels so good when you hit it.

#6 6 years ago

I can't believe I still have WWE LE. Hell, I can't believe I even got it in the first place.

My kids got into wrestling BECAUSE of the pinball machine. Usually it's the other way around.

It has its faults but its pretty damn fun.

#7 6 years ago

I bought Metallica to make mods and move on. Well many code upgrades made this one a great total package. Cant see it leaving the line up.

#8 6 years ago

TFLE for me. Most around here seem to hate the game but I really enjoy it. I like the theme,music and call outs (I don't care it's not the real actor for optimums). The robots are fun as each of their modes is just a little different plus I like the strategy of the multiples, bumble bee multiplier and which modes you bring into those (as well as MB). If you know what you are doing you can really blow it up.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I can't believe I still have WWE LE.

NONE of us can either!

#10 6 years ago

TOTAN. I had it on loan and overplayed it and gave it back and didn’t miss it. A couple of years later, I got an opportunity to trade TOM for TOTAN and not only was I thrilled to get it back, it’s becoming one of my most favorite games now.

#11 6 years ago

Pit Stop. Although not that surprising.

It did however go way above expectations and has become a home team and visitor favorite that would absolutely be one of the last machines to ever leave.

But it's not going to. My daughter will inherit it after I die.

#12 6 years ago

EBD at one time I actually thought about trading it for a black rose and the guy that had it told me I was crazy! Thanks bohdi the games never leaving now!

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

I bought Metallica to make mods and move on. Well many code upgrades made this one a great total package. Cant see it leaving the line up.

same here, I might sell my pro only to upgrade to a premium.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from bonzo442:

EBD at one time I actually thought about trading it for a black rose and the guy that had it told me I was crazy! Thanks bohdi the games never leaving now!

Your STILL crazy for thinking about that trade LOL. Glad your keeping it Mike. I sold mine once, regretted it like hell, now I have another and it's nicer. So now I've had a EBD for roughly 10 yrs. Far outlasts any pin I've ever had.....

#16 6 years ago

X-Men with Wrestlemania a close second. After buying a Transformers Pro and thinking it would be a long time part of my game room, only to get bored of it within 2 weeks, I wasn't sure what to think about new titles. Wanted XM because I like the theme and the game is very challenging and I am happy to say it didn't disappoint me. I've had it for years and I still love it today. It's never easy and has a lot going on. Wrestlemania has held up for me too. I bought it because I got a basically brand new one for a great price. I used to love wrestling back in the day, I like unique layouts and I had always enjoyed playing it on route. It held a special place for me after the whole Stern and WWE King of the Ring event too a few years ago. Wrestlemania is always a challenge, I've still never gotten to the Championship Match in a normal game and since the game is still in production I'm holding out hope for a future code update too. I'm happy to say I'm very content with my current lineup. LOTR and RBION are no brainer lifers for me, XM and WWE were chances that paid off and GB is really new to my collection, but I really like it as well with the fantastic theme and unique and challenging layout.

#17 6 years ago

WH2O. Wife actually wanted it, now she wants to ditch it And I can't bring myself to

#18 6 years ago

EM: 2001
SS: Frontier

#19 6 years ago

My EM Cleopatra. I originally bought it simply because it was an uncommon find at a good price, but I never liked symmetrical layouts, and the theme didn’t do anything for me. My whole plan was to fix it up and pass it on to someone who’d really appreciate it.

But as I’ve had time to really put on a lot of games, I’ve come to really respect it as a damn fine player’s game. It’s not going anywhere anytime soon.

#20 6 years ago

My liver is an unexpected survivor.

#21 6 years ago

Whitewater and Centaur I knew instantly when i set them up they weren't leaving.

#22 6 years ago

Lethal Weapon 3!!

DB6BAF00-65CE-4393-814D-653D2C57EBD5 (resized).jpegDB6BAF00-65CE-4393-814D-653D2C57EBD5 (resized).jpeg

#23 6 years ago

Whirlwind. I had no plans of keeping it.

#24 6 years ago

My Hot Shots . It is not good-looking or particularly fun to play, but I still remember us drunkenly playing it with its happy-happy-joy-joy music cranked up on one of the first pinheads parties with the local pinball scene. It such a good, fun memory that I cannot get rid of it, 15+ years later.

#25 6 years ago

Gilligans island, I bought it cheap, read all the terrible comets about it. If it had been a system 11 game, i beloved it would be ranked very high.
Love the game. So fun to shoot and easy rules. Yes, there are some stupid things like random multiball, but you can change some of it in the settings. Never watched GI show
Perfect game for drunken play.

#26 6 years ago

T3 and SP. Bought them both NIB and can’t part with them!

#27 6 years ago

For me Shadow. I bought it in 1999 for 1000$’s. I know way “over payed”. I was getting back into the pin market and did not know much about the DMD era. Did some internet reasearch and a European web site said Shadow was the highest rated game in Europe at the time. I bought it and a TZ (1100$) from M&P in York PA. I liked the game from the start but when it came up in conversations with other early pin heads,Shadow was always put down. Few years later sold the TZ for 3300. Highest offer on Shadow was 500 bucks. Wife liked it so it never left. (That and I bought a house with a larger basement ). True story. When I first got it, I tried to clean the “smudge” in front of the Sanctum. Was not successful. Turns out my “smudge” was a lot better then other games I have seen since then .

4E56773D-D94E-44EC-A679-975A92091283 (resized).jpeg4E56773D-D94E-44EC-A679-975A92091283 (resized).jpeg

#28 6 years ago

Congo and old Chicago. Bought Congo randomly and now it's the longest lasting game in my collection.
Old Chicago I bought only because I got it dirt cheap but now I can't let it go. I actually just bought a second one!

#29 6 years ago

Baywatch....made the mistake of selling it awhile back, luckily the buyer sold it back to me a year or so later. Super underrated game. Initially purchased that and WWFRR due to their reputation in the old thread best bang for your buck pinball machines when I got into the hobby. Paid $1050 for Baywatch and I think $1000 even for WWFRR back in 2013. Oh how times have changed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 9.95
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 9.99
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Albany, NY
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 32.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-your-unexpected-survivor?hl=jar155 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.