• 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by BRONX
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

there-can-be-only-one.jpg
There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 3 years ago

Cleopatra (EM version is fantastic)
Close Encounters (EM has better rules)
Poseidon
Hot Tip (EM version has better rules)
Grand Prix

#52 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinaddict91:

Lets make this harder now everyone think about it and choose
1. Favorite EM drop target game
2. Favorite EM wedge head
3. Favorite EM reverse wedgehead
4. Favorite Williams ALL TIME EM
5. Favorite Gottlieb ALL TIME EM
6. Favorite Bally All time EM

Sky Jump
Central Park
4 Roses
Hot Line
Central Park
4 Million BC

#53 3 years ago
Quoted from Quercus22:

Sky Jump
Central Park
4 Roses
Hot Line
Central Park
4 Million BC

Interesting. A 4 roses came up for sale close to me. Maybe I should go look at it.

What makes 4 roses your favorite Williams EM of all-time?

#54 3 years ago

Fireball
Pit Stop
Captain Fantastic
Card Whiz

#55 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Interesting. A 4 roses came up for sale close to me. Maybe I should go look at it.
What makes 4 roses your favorite Williams EM of all-time?

4 Roses is my favorite reverse wedgehead and Hot Line is my favorite Williams game.

The artwork on the playfield of 4 Roses is superb, the backglass art is not so great, it has a rotating target and is a well laid out game.

Hot Line is genius.

#56 3 years ago

Domino
Astro
Slick Chick
Centigrade 37
Space Odyssey

These are my favorite to play, but aesthetically, Christian Marche's pointy-people pins are my favorites.

#57 3 years ago

Abra Ca Dabra
King of Diamonds
Sure Shot
Cross Town
4 Million BC

#58 3 years ago

Abra Ca Dabra
Atlantis
North Star
Kings & Queens
Jacks Open
Central Park

I added 6 because I couldn’t decide on #5 because it depends on what I’m feeling when I go down to the game room. All are top players machines with great Specials and not easy to beat consistently

#59 3 years ago

Hot Tip (my very favorite, I try not to play it first for fear that I won’t play my other pins )
Target Alpha
Royal Flush
Grand Prix
Nip-It

#60 3 years ago

Magic City
Beat Time
Nip It
King of Diamonds
Card Whiz

#61 3 years ago
Quoted from Deadlander:

Williams Grand Prix
Jungle Queen
Volley
Interplay Dragon!!! With a powerball! Too fast!

Interflip Dragon with a powerball... You're a MANIAC!!!

#62 3 years ago

Hot Tip, Dragon, 4 Million BC, Hot Line, Pit Stop, Magic Clock and Arrowhead (thanks O-Din for those last three) I think are the only ones mentioned that I haven't played. So if I leave those out of the mix, I pretty much much stand by my selections. I would like to play an em version of Blackjack and Evel just to see. I really like Blackjack, and I think it was meant to be an em...

#63 3 years ago
Quoted from Lifttracer:

Magic City
Beat Time
Nip It
King of Diamonds
Card Whiz

Hey.. This guys top 5 are the same as mine!

#64 3 years ago

Olympic hockey
Jack in the box
Ship Ahoy
Flipper Clown
El Dorado

#65 3 years ago

Hot Line is a great nudger game I like keeping it up in the pops. I really should get back to fixing mine up, I think I stopped when I found out one of the pop metal brackets was snapped in half and it's not a normal one like newer games, different shape.

#66 3 years ago

Triple Action
Volley
Atlantis
Big Valley
HeatWave

#67 3 years ago

Part 3 of the list your favorite E.M is head to head comp. Every monday i will list an random POPULAR E.M and everyone with that E.M play thru out the week and post pictures of your scores best 2 scores by saturday morning will play against each other one game each..

THE ONE THING ABOUT THIS IS EACH PLAYER IS ONLY ALLOWED TO PLAY ON 3 BALLS & is only allowed to post 1 picture thruout the week so choose carefully what game u think is your best. Hope this catches on!.

Mondays game will be Sky jump !!

#68 3 years ago

I only own Gottlieb EM's pinballs.

My top 5 in my collection and not in order :

Space Walk
Canada Dry
EM Solar Ride
Centigrade 37
Atlantis

#70 3 years ago

Top 5 in no particular order: I'm basically picking based on playability and ability to win based on skilled flipper play:

Team One
Gulfstream
Old Chicago
Jungle Queen/Jungle Princess
Jack in the Box/Jumping Jack

3 weeks later
#71 3 years ago

Captain Fantastic
Night Rider
Wizard
Aladdin's Castle
Gottlieb World Series "72"

#72 3 years ago

Anyone want to sell or trade their bluenote or rockstar??.

1 month later
#73 3 years ago

Episode 38: Uncle Pinball's Podcast talks Expressway!
My fave EM that's not a Williams! A Ted Zale classic!
https://unclepinball.buzzsprout.com/
Per Usual: Available where finer podcasts are found. Even Apple. Links on the webpage there.

1 year later
#74 2 years ago

Tough just 5 picks......
My top 5 changes all the time depending on weather, sun, moon, company......

But not in any order here are 5
*Gottlieb Atlantis (also fav drop target game)
*Gottlieb centigrade 37(love maxing temp)
*Gottlieb Volley (fav to light 100k light)
*Gottlieb sky jump(just so fun)
*Gottlieb Super Spin(loaded with features)

***If there's a lot of people over I like playing competition, believe it or not on
** Gottlieb Super Soccer**(amazing for comp)

*** Others that pop up in my top 5, maybe I need to play more, I just haven't yet
**Gottlieb Jacks Open(addicting, looking for 1, might make top 5)
**Gottlieb big hit(need to play more to see if it's the real deal)
** Gottlieb AbraCaDabra(might crack top 5)
**Williams heatwave(I need to play more though, so far so good)
**Zaccaria Moon flight(art is fantastic, plays faster than any s.s if set up correctly, install new coil sleeves, hi-tapped, and waxed with new elastics bands but once again need to play more to see if it's a true keeper

#75 2 years ago

Surprised nobody had College Queens on their list, probably the most consistently fun em for me, true sleeper, once anyone plays it it becomes a favorite.
I don't own it, or Airport, but it's top 5 for sure
4 million BC
El Dorado
Boomerang
Pop a card

#76 2 years ago

Timely post as I’m back to the “hobby” after a few years away. I appreciate the EM’s for the art and the engineering.

Been to a few shows and have played and/or seen most of the games everyone has mentioned.

I was surprised to see one mention of the Spirit of ‘76. I have one in very good condition but compared to my Aztec and Cleopatra, it’s just eye candy.

I prefer quick playing EM’s using 24VDC on the pops and flippers. While the analog score motor may not always keep up for the most accurate scoring, the pace can get insanely fast and test your reaction time.

The pop bumpers on my Cleopatra are capable of shooting the between the flippers and draining before I can react. Not impossible to save, I’m just a wee bit too slow to react. This is a highly challenging pin due to the drop target placement and quick ball speed. It is absolutely unforgiving to incorrectly angled shots.

And good to see the Aztec getting a few mentions as it’s deserving as well. Challenging angles with fast play and a classic Williams spinner shot. Fast paced fun.

Can those of you who mentioned Space Mission/Odyssey explain what you like about this pin? It’s highly rated but do the lower kickers add a bit of randomness to the game? What’s the attraction with this pin?

Also saw a person mention a Bally Space Time. That was my second pin and regret letting it go. I can’t put it on a top ten list but do appreciate it for what it is. I’d like to get another, the time tunnel is just a cool feature for an EM.

Gottlieb Cleopatra is my #1

So many other good ones to choose from…

1 year later
#77 3 months ago

New year and my new picks for winter 2024 in no particular order, that are getting most playtime.

-Gottlieb Team One(I like this aspect in rule set more than abra-ca-dabra) becoming one of my favorites, I also like the theme and artwork that everyone seems to hate. It's working it's way to #1

-Gottlieb Centigrade 37 such amazing game! Been holding steady at #1

-Williams heat wave, my only 2" game and one of the
best, might make a run for #1

-gottlieb Volley, still trying for 300,000 points, 248,000 I think is my best. Could challenge #1 spot, such a fun game

Gottlieb El Dorado. For whatever reason, El Dorado finally made the top 5, beating Gottlieb Atlantis, big hit and sky jump. Fun game, started really getting more into it in late November, I could really see why this game is #1 in alot of collections.

**** Gottlieb Atlantis, Gottlieb sky jump, are getting fresh wax, new rubber bands and going to clean pop bumper coil sleeves and slings Aswell. Tune them up and see if they make top 5 list this spring. Atlantis was right up there with Centigrade 37, I simply just took a break and started finding more interest in El Dorado and newly acquired Heat Wave. Big hit is almost ready to make it in the line up, it needs to be put on regular tap(transformer) as I bought it on hi tap and it's a tad bit to easy and wild. Tune up done and ready for play

#78 3 months ago

Subway
Central Park
King of Diamonds
Bank-a-Ball
Fireball

Honorable mentions:
Cross Town
Hurdy Gurdy
Diamond Jack
Flipper Pool

#79 3 months ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Honorable mentions:
Cross Town
Hurdy Gurdy
Diamond Jack
Flipper Pool

Great call with Flipper Pool. Love that game!

#80 3 months ago

Not many I see around for flipper pool

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-your-top-5-em-games/page/2?hl=easternbloc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.