View topic image gallery

19_Star_Trek_Enterprise_NCC1701D_stars.jpg
Wall_of_pins_comp.jpg
Overview_2_comp.jpg
Bottom_end_comp.jpg
3_rows_of_cabs.jpg
STTNG-LED.JPG
20110904_091627.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider atomicboy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 12 years ago

I’m thinking of snagging a STTNG from a friend in my city. Good price, and it was recently shopped out and everything (everything!) gone through by a local restorer. There is currently two balls getting spit out, so I’ll have a minor trough issue to deal with, but nothing bad.

I’ve played this a bit, but never really any good games. I know it is well received, but what do all that have played this a lot think of it? I would get the funny roms, and I would absolutely need to have a alt translate made...

Biggest reason I haven’t pulled the trigger on this game in the past is because of the them.

#4 12 years ago

Well that's my prob, I do hate the theme, but I can somewhat hide it in the games room so I don't have to look at it when initially entering...

I would have an enterprise alt translate made, as other than that the colour scheme is really nice.

Is it just the 7 modes, get the 4 artefacts, and start the wizard?

#23 12 years ago

I'm not worried about fixing, that is all I seem to do, so I'm quite good at it now

I just can't decide on this. I will either buy this or a Fathom. Everyone's comments are more or less what I expected. Thanks for the help.

#26 12 years ago

Yeah, the funny roms are a must, you need to get those pintastic. As for the alternate translite, there isn't one now, but I know there are people out there that can make them, so I would HAVE to have something other than the one on this game.... I couldn't stand the ridicule when my friends come over…

#29 12 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

Whoa now, you never mentioned this before

Hey Pete,

Have a chance at both. Not really anything to compare between the two, but have a chance at a Fathom with a new PF to swap, perfect BG, stencils to redo cab, or a STTNG that is good to go more or less.

Or I can buy both... I have room for 0. Choices choices choices.

I need another house... I see you got a FH. You're the one that keeps surprising me. When are you making it down for some scotch and pinball?

#38 12 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

It's very frustrating to have them like this, but at least they don't need fixing!!

HA! wait until you set them up!!!

My god man, those are some of the craziest pinball photos I have ever seen.... I feel for your frustration now.

As for folding, I have thought about it. I can fit about 15-16 machines in my main game room, and another 4-6 (once I rearrange) in my utility room, a couple spots reserved for fixers I find. I have a 9x4.5 pool table and large 12x6 bar in my games room. If I lost the pool table, which I just can’t bring myself to do, I could fit another 7. It is a large table with lots of thick sections of wood, and I refinished the entire thing myself, so that is what is making it hard... Would LOVE another 7 pins though

As for STTNG... I just don’t think I can do it, and it’s solely based on the theme.... I’m going to call around and see what a translate would cost to make today, as I found some photos of the enterprise I could have someone photoshop into a acceptable one, and make the call after that.

#39 12 years ago

So update... I may get this after all, as I'm working with a custom graphics company to complete a translite with just a massive shot of the Enterprise, and the original STTNG letters from the translite on the top section, and maybe some other stuff, but nothing cheasy.

I can tolerate this image, the other one is a deal breaker.

19_Star_Trek_Enterprise_NCC1701D_stars.jpg19_Star_Trek_Enterprise_NCC1701D_stars.jpg

#44 12 years ago

I just pulled it off the net, I didn't make it, if that's what some of you thought. There are many dif angles of the ship, but I like the "in your face" look of this. I was debating with or without the lettering, thought the lettering would be more "translitie". I think without the lettering, it might look to makeshift along side the others.

I'll have the guy photophop a few options, then decide.

The only road block is I have now had an IJ shoved in my face which I may grab. I would buy both, but finding the spot for one is going to be enough of a challenge. My wife may be getting another dog (do you remember that Pete? haha)

#48 12 years ago

Well, it's official now, I'll be picking up an IJ tomorrow. The wife may get another dog to wing the STTNG too... god help me, another little a-hole destroying the house....

So Atomicboy, where ever will you find room for these machines?

...I don't know..................

#50 12 years ago

IJ here. Very nive machine, dirty, wrong flipper coil, very nice PF, cab not too badly faded, but will redecal in the future, POA not levelling right, will fix.

I'm going to overhall my AFM, and I will move STTNG there when I grab it.

3 weeks later
#51 12 years ago

Well I'm back to this again, and have to decide asap. I'm still torn as I'm just not a trekkie, but the game is fun. I have a company ready to make me the new translite with the above photo...

Something is holding me back though... and I don't know if it's the ST theme or what...

Part of me says to hold out for a RBION as well, which I want even more after having a 65M game on my friend's yesterday.

Space was an issue before, but I don't really need a home office anymore, a I only need my laptop and a table, so I'm moving all workout equipment to the office on my second floor, and I can fit another 8 machines in my workout room (3 in there already) and I all of a sudden have games room #2.

Help me decide.... I don't know how as everyone already made their commets.

#56 12 years ago

The thing is it's sitting at my doorstep practically, no driving, great shape, only a trough opto out (no biggie), and I know I could sell it in a heart beat... but still something is saying "don't do it".

#59 12 years ago

So I decided again to pass. I tried all ways to decide, and the one that made the choice was entering the name of the game in my games room list... Star Trek just didn’t jive with me, no offense to any fans, but I just can’t do it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 63.95
$ 64.99
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 15.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 85.00
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider atomicboy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-your-thoughts-on-sttng?tu=atomicboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.