View topic image gallery

19_Star_Trek_Enterprise_NCC1701D_stars.jpg
Wall_of_pins_comp.jpg
Overview_2_comp.jpg
Bottom_end_comp.jpg
3_rows_of_cabs.jpg
STTNG-LED.JPG
20110904_091627.jpg
There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 12 years ago

Well I'm back to this again, and have to decide asap. I'm still torn as I'm just not a trekkie, but the game is fun. I have a company ready to make me the new translite with the above photo...

Something is holding me back though... and I don't know if it's the ST theme or what...

Part of me says to hold out for a RBION as well, which I want even more after having a 65M game on my friend's yesterday.

Space was an issue before, but I don't really need a home office anymore, a I only need my laptop and a table, so I'm moving all workout equipment to the office on my second floor, and I can fit another 8 machines in my workout room (3 in there already) and I all of a sudden have games room #2.

Help me decide.... I don't know how as everyone already made their commets.

#52 12 years ago

I really enjoy this game whenever I play it. I'm not a fan of the translite either, but I never look up at the backglass when I'm playing anyways, especially a Steve Ritchie game, they're too fast.
I'll likely own it someday, whenever I get some other titles acquired in my collection. Plus it's always sellable if you don't like it.

#53 12 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

the rest are in storage

Do I see a MM in that second picture, just sitting on the floor?

#54 12 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

I'm just not a trekkie, but the game is fun.

Exactly the way I feel too, but if you have reservations about it, then you probably shouldn't buy it.

Johnny

#55 12 years ago

I am not a huge Trek fan but, it is a GREAT game that I actually have thought of hunting for.

#56 12 years ago

The thing is it's sitting at my doorstep practically, no driving, great shape, only a trough opto out (no biggie), and I know I could sell it in a heart beat... but still something is saying "don't do it".

#57 12 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

The thing is it's sitting at my doorstep practically, no driving, great shape, only a trough opto out (no biggie), and I know I could sell it in a heart beat... but still something is saying "don't do it".

unless that "something" is your wife, do it already!

#58 12 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

I can tolerate this image, the other one is a deal breaker.

If something like this gets made, I might consider this game. It is a definite NO WAY for me based solely on the translight no matter how great of a game it is. Same thing for all of the games with actors on the translight...

#59 12 years ago

So I decided again to pass. I tried all ways to decide, and the one that made the choice was entering the name of the game in my games room list... Star Trek just didn’t jive with me, no offense to any fans, but I just can’t do it.

#60 12 years ago

You need to just walk away and never look back. STTNG is currently my only pin and I see why so many love it but if the theme is such a deal breaker for you then I don't know how this thread lasted this long. Sure it requires a little maintenance to keep it working top notch but most of it is as simple as keeping the optos clean. The game has a lot of game modes, cool toys, fairly deep ruleset, great music/sound, 3 different multiball modes, 2 wizard modes....if after all of that your still stuck on the theme then just find another pin! Good luck no matter what you decide.

#61 12 years ago

I really, really want to love the game. I just can't get into it. Maybe I need more time, but it just hasn't clicked with me. I'm not ready to write it off yet though.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.99
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mechanicsville, VA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 63.95
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 85.00
$ 9.95
There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-your-thoughts-on-sttng/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.