(Topic ID: 99394)

What's your set up to folded/stored ratio?

By Atomicboy

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 94 posts
  • 70 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Skypilot
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

th.jpg
    14643632960_f41eb5ec00_k.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider butterflygirl24.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#47 9 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

22 / 15
    I should get rid of some of the folded up ones to make room to setup others. Its just hard to let them go.

NAHHH Shrekman!! I'm the same way...once I restore them, there is too much blood sweat and tears in em to let em go easily!! I have 30/7/3/8 30 are set up in my house (various rooms furniture is in storage) 7 are torn down in some level of restoration. 3 are folded up in storage waiting there turn...and 8 are projects that haven't even made it on the back burner yet. One day their time will come!!

Phoebe

#69 9 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

Question for you guys who have more than 15 games set up in your homes - what's your secret? Do you use the bedrooms, dedicate an entire floor to pins, or have an outbuilding? I'm genuinely curious.
    If I could do it all over again, I'd have left the basement unfinished so that my family had no interest in it, and put the home theater and my office upstairs.

As I said in my post... Pins are in the living room (who needs a "formal" living room, we spend more time in there now with pins than we did before), dining room (pretty much wasted space before, only got used 1 or twice a year), family room (this is where we still have couch and chair, and where we spend time anyway, usually only 1 pin here unless we are having a party, then we take the furniture out and bring in more pins), furniture is in storage... there are 15 in the basement at the moment (if I get rid of 2 videos I could get more down there 20 or more will fit with rearranging), but as I said once I get to remodel (like I want to just waiting to win the lottery! ) there will be more room there as well as another game room for more pins, and our pool table can come out of storage and get set back up as well!

Phoebe

#80 9 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

Sell it, you know it's never coming out It took me a long time to sell mine, which was never played in lieu of the pinball machines. I completely refinished mine before I got into this hobby, so it was hard to let go of, but once I ripped the band-aid, it was a huge chunk of space back and relief, even though it did look good when not being played.
    And yes Mike, I know I said I'd never sell.

No...It has been in Hubby's family since the early 60s, and I refinished it completely when we moved in here. new felt. new leather pockets, all the wood stripped and re finished etc. Hubby really wants it back up. So that is incentive for us to get the remodel done!!

Phoebe

2 weeks later
    #89 9 years ago
    Quoted from PINBELL:

For those that have some folded, do you keep them climate controlled?

Depends on where they are in the restore process if they are pretty much done, then they usually are at the house so basically yes, but if they aren't even started in the process yet they aren't...But I never leave a BG in a stored pin, even if it is in my garage!! They stay climate controlled!

Phoebe

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider butterflygirl24.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-your-set-to-foldedstored-ratio?tu=butterflygirl24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.