(Topic ID: 99394)

What's your set up to folded/stored ratio?

By Atomicboy

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 94 posts
  • 70 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Skypilot
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

th.jpg
    14643632960_f41eb5ec00_k.jpg
    There are 94 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 9 years ago

Not sure if this has been done yet or not, but curious, as once you start to read some posts of some people with large impressive collections, sometimes you start to realize that they don't always have many in their home and playable.

So first number is in your home and up and playable, next is folded/unplayable/store (wherever friends/storage bin/work).

I'm 28/0

#2 9 years ago

I have 3 at home and 1 at work, although the one at work is set up and playable for my coworkers and myself. of the 3 at home, 2 are playing and one is in the middle of a restore. but its head up/ legs on.

I met a local collector who had a warehouse space for his furniture company and had 100+ pins, but only 4 set up and playing. He was more about the chase than about the games really.

#3 9 years ago

3/0 but unfortunately i can only go up to four with the space I have. I don't see myself storing pins. I either play them or I sell them.

#4 9 years ago

10 set up, 8 stored (5 of those are projects).

#5 9 years ago

11 set up my house / 5 set up in friends houses / 8 folded up waiting in line

#6 9 years ago

16/0
    But as i am out of room, the next pin is likely to take it to 17/1.

#7 9 years ago

7/10

Omg, need to let some go ...

#8 9 years ago

37/0. As of this coming weekend 38/0.

#9 9 years ago

10/0

I have room to squeeze in 1 more but decided it made things too cramped so I scaled back down. I was debating a row of 9 and having 3-4 folded to rotate every few months.

#10 9 years ago

I'll probably regret posting this but here goes. I have room to set up about 1/3rd of my games and try to do just that. I rotate out when they stop being played or I when want to change up the theme. Right now, it's all System 80, I'm thinking of going all Williams next time since I have 2 games in particular that I'd like to go through again and I have a few mods I'd like to implement to see how well they work. After that may be the 90's and up, I never know for sure until the time comes. This also allows me to keep my games fresh since most of them are players games. I also try to bring my freshest games to the PAGG show for people to play each year.

Steve

#11 9 years ago

9 up/ 3 stored. One of the 9 is a cocktail project.

#12 9 years ago

11/0

#13 9 years ago

1/3 at home

#14 9 years ago

0/1

#15 9 years ago

6/1

#16 9 years ago

Ouch! One non-working? I hope it's not one and it's stored at a friend's - lucky guy he is!

#18 9 years ago
    Quoted from leaffan67:

16/0
    But as i am out of room, the next pin is likely to take it to 17/1.

You're always welcome to "store" one at my place!

I'm 7/0.

I seem to be out of space for now, but I'm considering having an old fashioned book burning, thereby eliminating a giant book shelf, and freeing up a wall that would accommodate 5 more pins! Who needs books?? I already know everything! Plus, I have a Kindle, AND an iPad. They store more books than I could fit in my entire neighbourhood.

#21 9 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

Ouch! One non-working? I hope it's not one and it's stored at a friend's - lucky guy he is!

It's my first pin, a Tee'd Off. It does work but needs a lot of TLC. I have it stored in the garage right now until we finish adding an egress to my basement, which should be the end of this week. The inside steps have a tight 90* bend that I can't get the machine around.

#24 9 years ago

12 setup and running + 1 at Cliffys

#25 9 years ago

14/0. Used to be 14/4, but finally gave in and realized those 4 weren't going to be setup anytime soon (room holds 14 max).

#26 9 years ago
    Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

14/0. Used to be 14/4, but finally gave in and realized those 4 weren't going to be setup anytime soon (room holds 14 max).

This is me. I have had to come to this understanding a couple times, and for me, I just cannot let myself keep ones I can't set up.

#27 9 years ago

4/1. We are REALLY pressed for space and managed to fit four snugly...makes getting to my tools a real pain in the arse though. We have five games we both want to keep for the most part right now, with only one questionable really....and I don't want to get rid of it to make room for the EM.

#28 9 years ago

29/0

The 29th will be my MMr...whenever that is.

#29 9 years ago

4/0

#30 9 years ago

23 folded and stored, 2 set up. Pathetic huh?

#31 9 years ago

4/1 EBD that's not mine currently being worked on, hope to be 4/0 within two weeks.

#32 9 years ago

I'm 5/0 on my own stuff.
    19/0 on other peoples stuff at my place.

#33 9 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

19/0 on other peoples stuff at my place.

That's cool! Is it a public location where your friends get part of the cash box, or do you just have really good friends?

#34 9 years ago

I got none folded.

#35 9 years ago

7 in my basement fully working/CQ to CQish and one in the shed in disrepair/despair.

#36 9 years ago

I am 11/1 with the 1 being a pin2K SWEP1 conversion kit...try and swap that out with RFM every few months.

#37 9 years ago

22 / 15

I should get rid of some of the folded up ones to make room to setup others. Its just hard to let them go.

#39 9 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

I don't see myself storing pins. I either play them or I sell them.

Ditto
    3/0

#40 9 years ago

4/1/2

4 setup and playing, 1 going in storage until the gameroom is done, 2 at a friends house.

#41 9 years ago

I'm of the mindset that if it isn't setup, it shouldn't be here. There have been exceptions of course, and for a while I have 4-5 setup in my garage, but if it is stored waiting on a space, I don't need it.

#42 9 years ago

8 home / 4 on location / 2 office / 3 folded up working storage / 5 projects folded up storage

#43 9 years ago

4 up in gameroom
    2 projects stored
    1 at parent's house

#44 9 years ago
    Quoted from swampfire:

That's cool! Is it a public location where your friends get part of the cash box, or do you just have really good friends?

He has awesome friends!!!

LIONMANS!!!!

#45 9 years ago

None folded. (I call 'em "Coffins")
    No coffins in my home.
    -mof

#46 9 years ago

8 up / 20 down

Games have new life when I rotate them back in.

#47 9 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

22 / 15
    I should get rid of some of the folded up ones to make room to setup others. Its just hard to let them go.

NAHHH Shrekman!! I'm the same way...once I restore them, there is too much blood sweat and tears in em to let em go easily!! I have 30/7/3/8 30 are set up in my house (various rooms furniture is in storage) 7 are torn down in some level of restoration. 3 are folded up in storage waiting there turn...and 8 are projects that haven't even made it on the back burner yet. One day their time will come!!

Phoebe

#48 9 years ago

10/0. I hope I can let them go when I get full.

#49 9 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

10/0. I hope I can let them go when I get full.

Sterns are the easiest to let go and find again

#50 9 years ago

I'm going to count the one in my workshop as set up even though it isn't in the gameroom. It is on legs and playable, so I think it meets the "letter of the law". Therefore....

6/0

7/0 if the skee ball can count!

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets

There are 94 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-your-set-to-foldedstored-ratio and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.