Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by TheRave
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

Pinburgh registration is well over 200 folks, and capped at 400. Are you going? What is your registration number?

http://papa.org/pinburgh2013/index.php

#2 11 years ago

Player #198.

Pinburgh is an amazing pinball experience. I would highly encourage people that haven't been to the PAPA facility to strongly consider registering for this tournament. It is very well run, the machines and clean and play great, and you get to play against lots of different players from all over the world in small groups. Some of the players are world-class, and other are just enthusiasts that love the game! The non-tournament games are available to play for coin-drop. 450 or so games in one facility. Play virtually ever game on your wish list. If you're into pinball (and if you're reading this then you ARE into pinball), this is a must-attend event.

#3 11 years ago

Is there an easy way to keep track of how many people have registered??? I cant see it in the link that you have provided??

#4 11 years ago

I'm thinking of heading up to watch or drop tokens if nothing else. I'll have to wait till a little closer to see if work schedule will allow it.

#5 11 years ago

It is not at that link. If you are friends with PAPA on facebook they post the number occasionally.

#6 11 years ago

Playa #109, Pinburgh is a must go to event. Everything else for that time period gets cancelled.

#7 11 years ago

We will post a list of the pre-registered players soon. We're over 225 so far after a little over a week of registration being available. Capping at 400 looks realistic at this point.

The week will also feature three tournaments at other nearby locations run by the local league, a Pingolf event at PAPA, and the Circuit Final on the big screens on Thursday for anyone to come watch / cheer.

Then, of course, there's the main event...

#8 11 years ago

Registered on Saturday and got #341

#9 11 years ago

254. Ready to get my ass kicked and end up in division D.

#10 11 years ago

#117 Can't wait

#11 11 years ago

I registered around an hour ago and am #371.

I have it on good authority that the number is off by 100, which means they are up to 271 players. I'm sure it will sell out or come close, but I don't think you need to scramble for your credit card right now if you're planning on registering in the next few days or possibly even a few weeks.

#12 11 years ago

PAPA - Professional & Amateur Pinball Association
    It's only been 10 days... today Mahesh Murthy became the 270th player to register for Pinburgh 2013. There are 130 spots left for registration. The prize pool grows $150 for every new player that enters, and is now over $40,000. In cash.

Thanks to everyone for signing up and telling friends about the event. If you're planning to come, register soon! Pass this on to friends who may not know that registration is open.

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from stevevt:

I registered around an hour ago and am #371.
    I have it on good authority that the number is off by 100, which means they are up to 271 players. I'm sure it will sell out or come close, but I don't think you need to scramble for your credit card right now if you're planning on registering in the next few days or possibly even a few weeks.

That is correct, the first player registered was 101.

#14 11 years ago

I believe we are at or extremely close to last year's player total with over 2 months still to go. The prize pool is already over $40,000 and growing with every person who signs up.

#15 11 years ago

I'm going but not for the tournament this year. First time going and want to spectate and play. Looks to be a fantastic event. We booked the hotel yesterday so officially going.

#16 11 years ago

I will be going this year as well. Neo incoming phone call to share a ride.

#17 11 years ago

They posted the list of games on the PAPA blog yesterday:
    http://papa.org/blog/2013/01/pinburgh-2013-list-of-games/

Hello #24 in the DMD or Later group!
    ("or later" is right!)

#18 11 years ago

I'm 295 first time going so really looking forward to it. Really cool how at the start you can be playing anyone in a group of three or four.

#19 11 years ago

Yeah great way to meet people....

#20 11 years ago

think I'm 230

#21 11 years ago

328 here. Can't wait.

#22 11 years ago

registered yesterday, #380!

still looking for someone to split a room at the marriott, if anyone interested ? two beds of course

#23 11 years ago

Ive went Really Early on it as im pinburgh player number #165

i dont wanna miss this event for the world, even if i need to travel half the earth as im from Holland (which is where the pinside creators live too for your information)

i also dont wanna miss is the Michigan Pinball Expo which happens to be 1 week before Pinburgh in the Detroit Area..

im looking for MPE people who likes to share an hotelroom with me (not beds though haha), after the MPE weekend i can stay with friends in the pittsburgh area..

its just during the MPE event id wanna to meet up another pinhead whois is willing to share hotelroom and offcourse its cost of it.. im also renting a car and drive towards Pittsburgh after MPE weekend, so if u wanna hitchhike it is also possible..

i thought i will give it an shot around here.. lets see what happens

#24 11 years ago

For you regulars and those that compete: Is there enough for someone like myself to keep busy for all those days playing pins Friday and Saturday?

#25 11 years ago

Nutty_50 there are loads of pins to play at the Papa/Pinburgh facility to keep you busy.

#26 11 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

Nutty_50 there are loads of pins to play at the Papa/Pinburgh facility to keep you busy.

Thanks. I wanted to compete, but don't like getting involved until I'm familiar so I thought I'd make my first year there to play and see how things work for the competition (Not that I'm even remotely good) first.

#27 11 years ago

I can understand this perspective, but keep in mind that just about all players should end up playing against similarly skilled competition on Day 2 when the divisions get split up.

Quoted from dmacy:

Thanks. I wanted to compete, but don't like getting involved until I'm familiar so I thought I'd make my first year there to play and see how things work for the competition (Not that I'm even remotely good) first.

#28 11 years ago

FYI, the number of players is rapidly approaching 300. That leaves 100 spots still available, and they are going pretty dang fast. The games list is evolving, and will include any new pinball machines that are available.

Let me know what questions you have, and thanks!
    - Bowen

#29 11 years ago

Just got in at #394. Very excited as I've never been to the PAPA location.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-your-pinburgh-number and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.