(Topic ID: 6960)

What's your pinball condition rating formula?

By the_pin_family

12 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

I see games for sale all the time with condition ratings. 6.5 or 9.3 or whatever. I read an add today and the guy had 2 pins for sale. One was a 9.4 and the other a 9.7. How do you come up with those numbers? I rate mine also, but I round off to the neariest 5. I'll say 8.0 or 8.5 but never 8.6. Is there a formula I don't know? Should there be a formula? Maybe 3 points for the PF and 3 for the BG, then 2 for the cab...... hell I don't know. Just struck me as odd. Whats your formula?

#3 12 years ago

I have no formula or numbers, I don't believe numbers ratings help sell a machine, if a pin has a flaw then it should be stated and the buyer made aware.

I believe it's right to just give a very detailed description included all defects and marks etc outside of the normal(minor) age related blemishes, so if there is wear mention it, chipped, cracked plastics, fade and so on. I think it's good to tell the buyer every bit of work and the kind of maintenance you've done, also to include loads of pics from every angle of every part inside and out and close up shots, that way the buyer will have no surprises and no excuse to back out of the deal. Same as if you ask a seller questions if you don't get the right response then what could they be hiding.

If you deal open and honestly with people, you're building relationships with other pinheads and your name and dealings will be trusted and passed on to others, If you have a great buying experience with some one your likely to work with them again.

#4 12 years ago

i am with you, I do not use anything but whole numbers if I even use then at all. When somebody asks condition I tell them my feelings and make sure they know it is my opinion and that they should really look at it in person.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-your-pinball-condition-rating-formula and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.