(Topic ID: 20247)

What's your Personal Best "Bang for the Buck" Game?

By joelreeves

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 73 posts
  • 68 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by rad
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

demoled.jpg

There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

Is there one game you got for a really nice price that you had the most fun playing or
lasted the longest in your collection?

I guess for me it'd be BSD. Got it in a nice trade deal and have really enjoyed it ever since...

#2 7 years ago

Easy peasy, took me a millisecond to answer: ROAD SHOW! I got a fair deal from a fellow pinsider, but it's simply the best bang for the buck pin that I know of!

#4 7 years ago

Tommy. Congo. I suspect they will both go up even more this next year.

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Tommy. Congo. I suspect they will both go up even more this next year.

I've owned both of those as well, and agree that they are good bang for the buck pins. Just not (nearly) as good as Road Show!

#6 7 years ago

I would say Last Action Hero. I got it with a Police Force trade.

I have since sold it, but really feel like I wasn't quite done with it yet. I have very limited space so I have to move out the old to make room for the new.

#8 7 years ago

Demolition Man
Great flow, tons of shots, combos keep you coming back, crane is a cool toy.
And it looks SWEEEEEEET LED

demoled.jpg

#9 7 years ago

Wpt... thread closed...

#10 7 years ago

$1k for Dirty Harry (which sadly I sold later and regretted it)

#11 7 years ago

Hey,

Seemed like I paid a bit too much at the time, but my The Shadow fits the bill nicely.

Luke

#12 7 years ago

In terms of playability, collectability, popularity and availability, Theatre Of Magic takes the cake!

#13 7 years ago

Last action hero

#14 7 years ago

CFTBL,picked up for a great price with original green holo and had it for over 8 years and sold it. Wish I had that one back.

#16 7 years ago

+1...Best $850 I ever spent... Loaded it up with classic Hasbro figs and I love it!!

#19 7 years ago

Who Dunnit, sadly it is gone

#20 7 years ago

Seriously, TOM is best bang for the buck?

#21 7 years ago

Other than TZ and wh20, I have never paid more than 1300 for a game. My choice is a six way tie. Although, truth be told, my collection screams bang for your buck.

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Wpt... thread closed...

Correct! Nothing better for under $2k. Steve Ritchie layout, Keith Johnson rules, Chris Granner sound. Addictive game--fast, flowing, one of the most strategic shot-by-shot games ever made. And you can play it casually in various ways. Play the drop-target hands. Or just go for the holdem hands (ramp shots). Or play for the Poker Corner wizard mode. Or do it all and try to get to the elusive Keefer Invitational.

#23 7 years ago

Starship Troopers by far. Got what I think is a great deal from a fellow pinsider and the pin is perfect.

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from PinRaider:

Starship Troopers by far. Got what I think is a great deal from a fellow pinsider and the pin is perfect.

Yup, SST is also high on my list, as is LAH. Games like BSD and Shadow, not so much...

#26 7 years ago

Space shuttle. Simple yet addictive.

#27 7 years ago

Congo and the Shadow still well priced for the great game play.
RFM always a hit with guests.

#28 7 years ago

LOTR - got a great deal. Only had it for a few weeks and I am new to collecting but it is a blast to play. The only problem was that after I brought it home without consulting my wife she encouraged (forced) me to sell one of my other pins. That is OK because it is big upgrade from the SF2 I sold.

#29 7 years ago

My NIB RBION. It was a few years after it came out when no one claimed to like it and the remaining ones could not be sold (was under $2k). One of my most played games and still gets lots of action

#30 7 years ago

Roadshow with Judge Dredd a close second. Both have an incredible number of shots and tons of depth.

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from Jnewton:

+1...Best $850 I ever spent... Loaded it up with classic Hasbro figs and I love it!!

WWFRR +2

I paid quite a bit more than you did but it is by far the best bang for buck under 2k (actually around 1200-1500 if you can find a nice example).

Widebody, shaker, sweet mini playfield, great and tough shots and game play, plus some great characters!

top that, OH YEAH!!!

#32 7 years ago

There are 4 for me:

best first is hard but...

Dirty Harry

LAH

Judge Dredd

Demolition man for DMD's

SS games is a whole nother ball game

I find Gottlieb SYS80B's to be an amazing bang for the buck...

I have a pile of them and love them all...

#33 7 years ago

Stargate, RFM, Congo. I can't believe I bought and then SOLD my minty Stargate for $1200. Stupid!

#36 7 years ago

bsd ft & wcs94

#37 7 years ago

Big Bang Bar

Wait, I did it wrong lol.

Mine would be either WWFRR or BW

#38 7 years ago

Dollar for dollar and the least amount of work. LW3. Insane price of $750. Yes, a reimport. Perfect playfield and minimal scratched up box/cab. It was my first pin and I remember my hands shaking teeny weeny as I parted with $750 not knowing if I did good or not. Lol...threw in leds and that pin has only failed once and that was for a switch wand which took like 1 minute to fix (long needle nose pliers, bent it a little lower so it would trip properly). Other than that pin works awsome and has great video modes as many here already know about!

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballdad:

Dollar for dollar and the least amount of work. LW3. Insane price of $750. Yes, a reimport. Perfect playfield and minimal scratched up box/cab. It was my first pin and I remember my hands shaking teeny weeny as I parted with $750 not knowing if I did good or not. Lol...threw in leds and that pin has only failed once and that was for a switch wand which took like 1 minute to fix (long needle nose pliers, bent it a little lower so it would trip properly). Other than that pin works awsome and has great video modes as many here already know about!

Let me know when you grow tired of it

#40 7 years ago

Some of these bang for your bucks are big bucks, TOM better be great for how much it goes for!

#41 7 years ago

For me, Corvette. Got a smokin deal on it, is in great shape, have had it for two years now, played the heck out of it, and only recently beat it for the first time.

I wouldn't call TOM a bang for the buck pin, considering what they sell for. Maybe if you are comparing it to MM, MB and AFM then, sure, I guess.

#46 7 years ago

For me would have to be Indiana Jones, bought for $1600 in near new condition in the mid 90's, then did a sell and buy for another one, 6 years ago, that puts me into the game for around $600!

#47 7 years ago
#48 7 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

For me would have to be Indiana Jones, bought for $1600 in near new condition in the mid 90's, then did a sell and buy for another one, 6 years ago, that puts me into the game for around $600!

You Bastard

#49 7 years ago

longevity in bang for buck. For me it was TFTC and if found I would probably buy it again.

#50 7 years ago

Picked up a shadow for under 2k and that game has a lot of staying power

Also, dm and jm. Good games for the price

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 14.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 269.00
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 42.00
$ 37.50
$ 79.00
2,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 15.75
Cabinet Parts
Tilted Pinball
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 1,348.00
Machine - For Sale
Bay Village, OH
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Egg Harbor Township, NJ
$ 239.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
Machine - For Sale
Lakeville, MN
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
$ 30.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside