31%
  • Joker Poker-SS 13 votes
    45%
  • Big Brave 2 votes
    7%

(29 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 9 years ago

Which pin do you think is the best of these:

Surfer,Quick draw,Joker Poker-SS,Big brave...

#2 9 years ago

Man, Joker Poker is certainly better than Big Brave. That's a no-brainer to me. The other two are great two player EM choices. It really comes down to personal preference when you compare two great games like Surfer and QD. I do like Joker Poker-SS more but mainly because it is a 4 player game. If you compare Fast Draw to JP-SS, I would have a hard time picking just one of the two. (That's probably why I own both.)

#3 9 years ago

4 good games. I rank em: Quick Draw, Joker Poker, Surfer, Big Brave.

#4 9 years ago

IMO :

Surfer
Quick Draw
Joker Poker
Big Brave

---

Wanted : Dead or Alive - In any condition
Gottlieb CHARLIE'S ANGELS EM (not SS version or Fipermatic Brazil-Manaus) & Gottlieb SPACE WALK
You find, you win : REWARD USD 500 each !

#5 9 years ago

Surfer, Joker Poker, Big Brave and Quick Draw in that order.

Surfer is just a great design, great shots and a build-up Bonus game.

Joker Poker is a classic drop target game with brutal bounces, but a lot of fun.

Big Brave has the risk/reward vari-target of death, which I love.

Quick Draw is a favorite of a lot of folks until they realize those drop targets which are so fun to hit are not how you should be playing it. Sadly, as cool as the drop banks are, the best strategy is to stay away from the drop targets and just go for the top target areas over and over again. Better rules would've made this cool layout much more fun.

#6 9 years ago

1. (tie) Joker Poker and Surfer
3. (tie) Big Brave and Quick draw

Would you prefer an EM or early SS?

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

Surfer, Joker Poker, Big Brave and Quick Draw in that order.
Surfer is just a great design, great shots and a build-up Bonus game.
Joker Poker is a classic drop target game with brutal bounces, but a lot of fun.
Big Brave has the risk/reward vari-target of death, which I love.
Quick Draw is a favorite of a lot of folks until they realize those drop targets which are so fun to hit are not how you should be playing it. Sadly, as cool as the drop banks are, the best strategy is to stay away from the drop targets and just go for the top target areas over and over again. Better rules would've made this cool layout much more fun.

For FD/QD, I disagree. During a double bonus ball, your strategy should change on FD/QD to at least hitting the top most drop targets. They are safe. Also, if you attempt to hit drop targets from a cradled ball OR using dead flipper bounce passes, you chances of a ricochet to an out-lane are SIGNIFICANTLY reduced. This is when you should try to hit the targets using cradled shots or dead flipper bounce shots.

Even during a non-auto-lit-double-bonus ball, once you only have a couple drops left on a very long ball, they are worth getting though for the 5K point horseshoe shots. Especially after your bonus is maxed.

#8 9 years ago

All very good games. Buy them all!

Ken

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from Mercury:

Which pin do you think is the best of these:
Surfer,Quick draw,Joker Poker-SS,Big brave...

Quick Draw!! Now buy something already!!

#10 9 years ago

SS Joker Poker > the rest

#11 9 years ago

Surfer.

Big Brave bores me (I don't like vari-targets much), I haven't spent enough time on Joker Poker (it's fun though). Between Quick Draw and Surfer I tend to play Surfer more, it has more stuff to do. But, I think Quick Draw is one of the best art packages around and getting all the drop targets down is definitely challenging.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist
Decals
$ 7.50
Electronics
That Old Pinball
Electronics
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hoover, AL
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball
Electronics
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball
Decals
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-your-opinion-on-these-pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.