Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 137 posts
  • 69 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by ImNotNorm
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images (resized).jpg
    IMG_3332 (resized).JPG
    2388506766_241d9c512b_z (resized).jpg
    51RmXeGT-8L._SY300_ (resized).jpg
    s-l300 (resized).jpg
    My Pinside » Settings | Pinside.com (resized).png
    2012-06-14 23.18.43 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider xsvtoys.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#109 6 years ago
    Quoted from GRUMPY:

I just typed my name and state into the computer and in all of Minnesota there are only two of us. And it gave me my name, phone number, address, sex and age. So I don't think there is any more harm letting Pinsiders know where I live.

In the end, this is the fundamental issue. Anyone with an internet connection and a very easy to acquire level of knowledge is very easily able to find out an alarmingly complete and detailed set of information about virtually anyone. This includes not only where you live but past addresses, phone numbers, spouses/relatives, etc. Usually it can be done for free but if you want to pay a little bit of money you can find out even more.

If a random person of the general population wants to they are almost certainly able to find out more about you than you probably want them to know. If it's a pro that is targeting you then you have no chance, none.

I suppose you could minimize it by going full infosuicide ala Mark Pilgrim, or maybe more famously Taylor Swift just recently....

#111 6 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

You boiz and grrlz can come visit me any time. One of the reasons we have a sort of a Pinball collective around here is because I was trolling for local pinheads. pismoarcade mgmpin and I became friends just because we all put our location in our profile.

I came up to SLO town for a visit last weekend, should have looked you up! Still laying down the long term plan to move back and retire up there with you guys.

#114 6 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

Hope you gotta a phat nest egg or property to sell. This town rivals Beverly Hills for property values these days. Of course, we're a lot prettier and have better weather. And we're the happiest place in North America. Or were anyway. I'm glad I got in early a long time ago
    Seriously, pm me anytime you think you might be in the area. Always looking to meet fellow pinheads.

I think my location is shown, so yes, phat property values here, even higher than SLO. I'm up on the values up there. For now I'm looking at Atascadero/Templeton, mainly to get a bigger parcel, hopefully with a big barn. For, you know...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider xsvtoys.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-your-opinion-on-publicly-displaying-where-you-are-from-on-pinsi?tu=xsvtoys and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.