Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 137 posts
  • 69 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by ImNotNorm
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images (resized).jpg
    IMG_3332 (resized).JPG
    2388506766_241d9c512b_z (resized).jpg
    51RmXeGT-8L._SY300_ (resized).jpg
    s-l300 (resized).jpg
    My Pinside » Settings | Pinside.com (resized).png
    2012-06-14 23.18.43 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pacmanretro.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Was just discussing with a couple people about how a lot of people do not fill in their location information.

I am curious as to why? Is it a privacy thing? Or maybe nobody has heard of your town?

Maybe you are in a different country....or maybe, you are my neighbor!

I understand privacy issues, but recently I have had a few thoughts on the issue...

When involved in a discussion in a thread, it makes sense if someone doesnt respond for a long time when they are on other side of world.

Also, if you are trying to help a fellow pinsider I either finding a machine/parts, or in a repair, or for a local venue, or for a friendly invite - it is hard if you don't know where they live.

Ohh, and especially for parts/machine sales or WTB...seems to happen a lot.

"Hey bud!, you want to come to Chicago for a pinball night?" .... "sure!!!, except I live in Australia"!

You get the picture...

So? Just curious on other peoples takes on this, or reasons to disclose location (or not to as well)

Mods, if I placed this in wrong category, please move appropriately.

#4 6 years ago

See, Mine says Rockford, IL (which is legit enough). I technically live in small town right next to Rockford, but when I first set it up, I figured people that were somewhat close would know Rockford so went with that (only a mile or 2 diff....not like hours).

The game collection thing is probably a whole different category... I mean, I dont hide my games I own, but don't publicly care to list every single machine I have either....

Though, I did always mean to list at least my major players that are set up currently (never got around to it though. Lol).

So, on the full profile aspect, I'm just as guilty.... still, just curious on others takes.

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from boydsc331:

Hi my name is Boyd , I like outdoor fun, long walks on the beach , oh wait wrong website

Tell me more boyd!

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from indybru:

Just Posted, now you know where I live. Really whats the big deal.

Barrington!? Hey, that's in Illinois! Now I gonna ask to hang out!!!!!! lol. JK....

Your attitude is right on point for me...

Maybe not exact literal addresse, but who cares. A general idea of how close can be nice.

Don't get me wrong guys, I totally get worrying about the crazies out there...

#30 6 years ago

I have actually had more than once where people see I have coin op stuff and they think that there is money piled up in them or something.

One instance years ago, I had a row of arcade games in a storage space. I got a call in middle of nite that my door was open over there. So had police meet me out there (cop went in first with gun out!). After all clear, cop wanted me to see what may have been taken. I looked around, said nothing taken and he looked at a few games with coin doors open and wanted me to make sure there wasn't any missing cash. I explained they were just my games not for money and just got a kind of funny look. Lol.

Long story, just pointing out that some people that don't understand the concept of coin op games in a home may want into the game for possible money etc.

Kind of like " hey, those games at that house are coin operated, I should break into that house over the neighbor's to see how much cash is in em!".

Not too likely to ever happen I realize....just a thought.

#77 6 years ago
    Quoted from Potatoloco:

Otherwise it's not an easy target and they're left alone in favor of all other electronics.

Now I'm going to have to start hiding all my stereo/TV equipment in pinballs every time I leave the house so nobody wants to move them!

#80 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Hey, what pins you got?
    Whats for sale? Please do tell!

Not my pics, but they are all pinball games I own

Sorry, not for sale

s-l300 (resized).jpgs-l300 (resized).jpg

51RmXeGT-8L._SY300_ (resized).jpg51RmXeGT-8L._SY300_ (resized).jpg

2388506766_241d9c512b_z (resized).jpg2388506766_241d9c512b_z (resized).jpg

#83 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Hey, what pins you got?
    Whats for sale? Please do tell!

Went ahead and changed my collection setting to "friends" so you don't have to feel upset about what I am sharing or not.

Wanna be my friend? Won't get you any more info than you already saw

#84 6 years ago

Ohh. And I keep all my diamonds and rubies in the Tomy one fyi (for easy transport)

#129 6 years ago
    Quoted from Nexyss:

This thread prompted me to change my settings. I thought only members could see everything, but the default is set to Everyone. I changed all of my settings to Members Only.

Lol, this post prompted me to change my settings....thought about it and, non members don't need to know where I'm from. Why? I wouldn't have any reason to deal with them if they are not members, so they don't need to know me or my info.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pacmanretro.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-your-opinion-on-publicly-displaying-where-you-are-from-on-pinsi?tu=pacmanretro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.