Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 62 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by QuietEarp
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    3A80631C-DB03-4EA3-B693-92B394977BBC (resized).png
    first_pm_ever (resized).png
    There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 5 years ago

Go in you Pinside Mailbox and time travel to the very oldest. What was it about, and how long ago was it?

My first private message was from a member that’s no longer active. He told that I could play a Twilight Zone at Lanes N Games in Cambridge, MA (which is gone now by the way).

The message was dated August 6, 2011.

#2 5 years ago

December 4th 2013 5:20:23 am

A pinsider from Vienna was looking at a post on his space shuttle for me as mine had a wood screw in that location.

#3 5 years ago

Trying to buy a Black Knight but the seller never responded

#4 5 years ago

I use the same username on many different forums
    someone from another forum noticed that I was posting on Pinside and PM'd a hello

#5 5 years ago

"Where did u see the tfle for 5500. I'm in same boat as you. Got cheap pin 1 mth ago and am trying to gr something nice."

#6 5 years ago

Good thread! My first pinsidemail was asking another pinsider if he still had his Mousin Around available for sale. I was looking for my first pinball. ... he never replied.

#7 5 years ago

Awesome original thread...

5+ years ago, Lou Ferrigno's BFF Fireball2, PMed me about picking up a "San Francisco" pin.

#8 5 years ago

Wow! I actually checked after reading the topic of the thread and my oldest mail is from 6 years ago...

I was inquiring about a SWEP1!

If the guy I sent my message to ever came up to me at a show and said "you are the guy who was asking about me SWEP1" I would have told him he has the wrong guy.

#9 5 years ago

18 months ago, someone responded to my TSPP that was for sale.

I deleted my older PMs awhile back.

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:Wow! I actually checked after reading the topic of the thread and my oldest mail is from 6 years ago...
    I was inquiring about a SWEP1!
    If the guy I sent my message to ever came up to me at a show and said "you are the guy who was asking about me SWEP1" I would have told him he has the wrong guy.

Haha, was hoping for some posts like this.

#11 5 years ago

Don't even have to look...signed up for pinside account specifically to respond to an ad for what became my first pin...Apollo. Now I have 5 more...odd.

#12 5 years ago

8 years ago when I finished my Evil dead custom pin. PM from a pinsider that knows John Treadeau saying he liked it.
    And an attached message from JT about it.
    Not too proud of that now. Ugh!

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from erak:

8 years ago when I finished my Evil dead custom pin. PM from a pinsider that knows John Treadeau saying he liked it.
    And an attached message from JT about it.
    Not too proud of that now. Ugh!

You should be proud (minus the JT part). Wasn’t it at Pintastic last year?

#14 5 years ago

6 years ago. I offered my F-14 as trade bait for TOTAN. I was a real pro back then.

#15 5 years ago

My first was a "I will take it" about a time warp. It turned into a auction and "how much is your offer". Needless to say I didn't respond.

#16 5 years ago

Tuesday June 19th 2012

Member had PM'd me about which dealers where the best to go to for NIB pins at the best prices. I must have been looking for dealer suggestions for an upcoming NIB in a thread at that time.

Most of those dealers are still the 'go to' ones today so he gave me some solid recommendations!

#17 5 years ago

7 yrs ago I contacted NimblePin and he replied with instructions on how he installed a lighted balrog topper on a LOTR. I was new to pinball at the time and was impressed on how helpful the pinball community was!

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

More
    You should be proud (minus the JT part). Wasn’t it at Pintastic last year?

Not sure I sold it to GAP 6-7 years ago. Not sure where it is now.

#19 5 years ago

Joined pinside as a noob and sent a message to a distributor because I was dying to get a xmen pro NIB. They charged me msrp + shipping. Live and learn...

#20 5 years ago

"Hi! I'd like to buy your Sea Witch."

Ended up buying it for $1200.

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

December 4th 2013 5:20:23 am
    A pinsider from Vienna was looking at a post on his space shuttle for me as mine had a wood screw in that location.

Your request was my first PinsideMail too

#22 5 years ago

My oldest PinsideMail message coincidentally is also the very first PinsideMail message ever sent

Translated: Here is your first PinsideMail message!Translated: Here is your first PinsideMail message!

Sent to Martijn on March 31st, 2008

#23 5 years ago

My 1st PM recvd was in Dec 2011 from Pinsider pinmike (who used to live in Shreveport, LA, but now is in Michigan).
    He was asking if I had any other machines for sale {other than the 68 Gottlieb e-m Spin Wheel that I had put up for sale}.

About 6 months later, shortly before Pinmike moved to Mich, he ended up giving away a project machine (an 84 Bally Black Pyramid) to Nevus who is/was local, and the pin eventually ended up with me for a while, then on to two other LA Pinsiders. Machine is still in LA, and is working and playable.

#24 5 years ago

Wow how times have changed in 3 short years.
    Mine is someone inquiring about my newly purchased $4700 cdn taf. Damn:/

#25 5 years ago

Mine was 4 years ago when I was contacted to see if I wanted to look at trading my Bride of Pinbot for a Nitro ground shaker. From memory it was a very nice Nitro too. Only problem i’m In Albury, Australia and he thought I was in Albany NY....can’t remember why the deal fell through.

#26 5 years ago

What is this box thing with a ball rolling around in it?

#27 5 years ago

August 24, 2012 from @rabscuttle. My Pinside Join date is August 23, 2012.

Hey, just wanted to say welcome to pinside. I'm pretty new to the hobby, too, and you are going to LOVE owning a machine! It's a lot of work, but so much fun, there's nothing like it.

Good luck, and happy flippin'!

#28 5 years ago

This was mine, to AttilaK for an Addam’s Family he was selling. Couldn’t have been nicer to deal with. I ended up buying his Ripley’s instead, and things quickly escalated... every square inch of my basement is now accounted for and I have since undergone major demo to widen those stupid doors!

3A80631C-DB03-4EA3-B693-92B394977BBC (resized).png3A80631C-DB03-4EA3-B693-92B394977BBC (resized).png
    #29 5 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

My oldest PinsideMail message coincidentally is also the very first PinsideMail message ever sent

how can we compete with that.....

#30 5 years ago

over 5 years ago to Bowen with suggestions of a format for a major pinball comp in the UK.

He replied with feedback and some further suggestions.

THAT comp didn't happen, but I've ran over 40 different comps since then.

#31 5 years ago

March 15, 2013. I was trying to buy a tee’d off topper. It was already sold. (I no longer have that game)

#32 5 years ago

A year ago from Robin. Before I was verified there were accusations that I was Special K under a secondary account. This was our faithful leader telling me to get my ass verified.

#33 5 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Awesome original thread...
    5+ years ago, Lou Ferrigno's BFF Fireball2, PMed me about picking up a "San Francisco" pin.

Wait a minute...I forgot about page 2!

Almost 7 years ago, Practical Steve pmed me about buying my F-14. (He bought it).

#34 5 years ago

I tend to clear them out about once a year. So my oldest one is 9 months ago. And it was about having a extra ticket to the pinball life fund raising party. My friend had to back out so another gentleman got it!

#35 5 years ago

It was replying to an ad for 130 Pingame Journal and Gameroom Magazines which I met the seller in Ct to pick them up. Still have them all as well!

#36 5 years ago

2/13/2014
    I was asking about a funhouse for sale. It was 2900 from the seller's response.

#37 5 years ago

“Did you ever make the mountain mods for The Getaway?”
    Hoping that someone who was planning to re-create the "deleted" mountain mod from (my first pin) Getaway had some available. He never made any.

#38 5 years ago

I commented on a for sale thread for a BK2K and the seller contacted me offering to ship for a reasonable amount. Ended up buying the game. Later on replaced it with a nicer copy.

#39 5 years ago

I normally delete most of my emails, but this is my oldest from 2013-10-18. It was a scoop on what remakes are coming.....

"Remaking full games

MM AFM CC in that order.

8K (not sure on shipping)

MM example playable at the show.

MM ships by end of Q1 2014.

Supposed to have extras. LEDs. Trim. Maybe a topper. Stereo sound."

#40 5 years ago

Buying a shadow from a guy in Rockford Il in 2012, which I ended up buying.

#41 5 years ago

My first email over 6 years ago was to kevin at skitb adding my name to the predator list. luckily after sending in my $250 deposit, I was able to get my money back before the shtf.

#42 5 years ago

I've been active since Nov. Of 2006, but my oldest pm shows 2012. I can't remember deleting any, but I'm pretty sure I had pm's before that

The pm in 2012 was after I lost a PAGG raffle for a pinball league poster. I pm'd the artist asking if he had any for sale. He sent me a free one, and he signed it.

#43 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

Go in you Pinside Mailbox and time travel to the very oldest. What was it about, and how long ago was it?
    My first private message was from a member that’s no longer active. He told that I could play a Twilight Zone at Lanes N Games in Cambridge, MA (which is gone now by the way).
    The message was dated August 6, 2011.

2012-03-14 4:09:34 pm UTC

From a buddy about coming over to his place to play games that night. Thankfully he is still a buddy and he is not gone.

#44 5 years ago

I believe my first private message was someone who wanted to stop by and look at a Comet machine that I was going to part out or sell. I am glad that I did not part it out. Hopefully someone out there is still playing and enjoying that game. That was over 5 years ago.

#45 5 years ago

Oldest saved, was from Jan 15th 2014. Messaging regarding a Gottlieb Solar City, and arcades in Calgary Alberta back in 1974 and 1975.

#46 5 years ago

Sex stuff.

Obviously.

#47 5 years ago

Six years ago...I was looking to trade my LOTR for a nice Getaway and WCS94 plus cash. Pinsider contacted me with those exact pins plus cash and we ended up meeting for a successful trade. To this day I still think it was a good trade. I noticed however in reviewing the email that he also offered up a Dr. Who and CFTBL as trades...that might have been even better. I got $1300 in cash on top of the Getaway and WCS94 though.

#48 5 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

Six years ago...I was looking to trade my LOTR for a nice Getaway and WCS94 plus cash. Pinsider contacted me with those exact pins plus cash and we ended up meeting for a successful trade. To this day I still think it was a good trade. I noticed however in reviewing the email that he also offered up a Dr. Who and CFTBL as trades...that might have been even better. I got $1300 in cash on top of the Getaway and WCS94 though.

I keep checking people’s collections to see if they still have the games from the old deals haha. Miss either of them?

I wouldn’t mind having a Getaway again. WCS94 wasn’t my cup of tea.

#49 5 years ago

4+ years ago I called out a prolific CL poster for always adding pinball as a keyword in his non-pin related listings. After all, who wants to see a listing for a universal remote when they are looking for pinball machines?

#50 5 years ago

From Kevin Kulek, 6 years ago:

Then Nibbles offering up his TSPP Bear Can with Foam Flasher Mod.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-your-oldest-pinsidemail-about and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.