(Topic ID: 25552)

What's your oddball?

By Atomicboy

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goatdan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 11 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

But there is always that one game, that given the person’s collection, it is odd to see they sold it, and it’s usually because it wasn’t for them.

I'm not much into selling games once I get them, but I'm definitely different in my game taste because I honestly don't like most of the A listers. I have had ample opportunities to get most of them for outstanding prices, but I have zero interest in owning TAF, TZ, TOM, TOTAN, IJ (and I *LOVE* the them, just hate the game), LOTR, TSPP, MB, Scared Stiff, FH, GNR, FT, NGG, or POTC.

I've had ample time on all of these machines, and while they are nice to play, I just haven't really cared for them enough to ever seek them out. I got a TZ once, and couldn't get rid of it fast enough.

Instead, I really like the usual "B/C" candidates like JP, VND, RFM, NBAFB, JD, DM, SMBMW, SF2, etc.

Yup, you read that right. I kept SF2 over TZ and would do it again in a heartbeat.

That's what makes this hobby great though - it's different tastes for different people! For the record, I do really like MM, but I've never liked it more than four or five of the above pins that I really like, so I've always ended up opting for the four or five instead of the one MM.

#33 11 years ago
    Quoted from Marc:

I don't have one now but would if I had the room.

I really think it works in a collection... if you have at least 8 or so other machines. It's *extremely* different than the "normal" pinball machines, and I think that is where the distaste for it comes from. Which is fair. If I only had one game, I don't think it would ever be a SF2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goatdan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-your-oddball?tu=goatdan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.