• Batman 66 7 votes
    2%
  • Spooky #3 13 votes
    4%
  • TBL (if it gets rolling again) 14 votes
    4%
  • No more NIB games for me 68 votes
    20%

(Multiple choice - 341 votes by 303 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2321 (2) (resized).jpg
20170316_102355 (resized).jpg
20170316_101743 (resized).jpg
20170305_172624 (resized).jpg
LIVEWIRE_marquee_HE_2017 (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20170301-105247 (resized).png
20170225_103140 (resized).jpg
There are 90 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 7 years ago

1. Rick and Morty
2. Song of the South

#52 7 years ago

Been evaluating my next pin buy options for months. Now was a good time for purchase and it looks like I'm getting a nib MMR LE.

Not even on the list, lol.

There were various other pinball candidates but there was nothing local I liked pin-wise, and not much out there interested me NIB... plus I don't do preorder (don't get me started lol); in stock is the way to go. I've had my eye on MMR for a while but was in no rush to buy. When the last call for MMR orders was communicated recently (production ending) and AFMR was confirmed that spurred me to finally decide to get the MMR.

I'm supposedly getting the last MMRLE in stock at Starburst. No fuss no muss is always preferable. I went LE since I wanted the shaker and the discount on the high res dmd color upgrade is significant.

MET would have been my second pick NIB. LOL at not being on the list either. IMO, they're the two best pins available now nib.

Happy flipping.

#53 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

It would probably have less issues than a Stern, JJP, or Heighway game...
That said, Dialed In is still my next NIB game. I won't buy any more Stern NIB games, though I'd still pick up used Sterns. I'm giving JJP a chance. Here's hoping I have a better experience.

JJP has it's own set of issues as well. I have had to tweak and replace a few things on my hobbit - but hey I guess that's pinball right?

For what it's worth I think I am coming around to Rare's point of view. Why not let someone else get the NIB first, fix all the issues, and then you get a finely tuned and working machine, that ideally you can inspect, and knock a few grand off the NIB experience cost. Forget NIB, I am looking for gently used - and tastefully modded (color DMD, LEDs, etc) HUO

#54 7 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

For what it's worth I think I am coming around to Rare's point of view. Why not let someone else get the NIB first, fix all the issues, and then you get a finely tuned and working machine, that ideally you can inspect, and knock a few grand of the NIB experience cost. Forget NIB, I am looking for gently used - and tastefully modded (color DMD, LEDs, etc) and/or cliffy'd - HUO

It's definitely the way to go. I won't be surprised if DI is the last NIB game I ever buy, even if the experience is perfect. For Ghostbusters, I wanted an LE, and I had no idea if they would be around in the secondhand market for a reasonable price, so I sprung for the NIB purchase. For DI, I also want an LE, but I also really want to support JJP for bringing back Pat Lawlor and I want in as early as possible. But as time goes on, I'm definitely looking more for HUO or nice used games.

#55 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

For DI, I also want an LE, but I also really want to support JJP for bringing back Pat Lawlor and I want in as early as possible. But as time goes on, I'm definitely looking more for HUO or nice used games.

I love Lawlor, but my whole "Lawlor collection" (Addams, Family Guy, Road Show, No Good Gofers) cost less than one Dialed-In. If DI ends up being really cool, I'll get one used down the road....or, I might just get an Earthshaker or Funhouse instead.

#56 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I'm out. No more NIB. My last one (GOT) showed me it isn't worth it anymore. Prices too high, and quality too low. It took 6 months to get a new playfield for it, and I was one of the lucky ones.
HUO, players games, classics. That is where my pinball money is headed. There are upcoming themes I want, but I won't be the guy that goes first. I'll let someone else risk it.

I was totally with you. I have even posted (more than once) that 6k was my upper limit on a pinball machine..........but then Alien!

#57 7 years ago

My NIB will be Alien.

#58 7 years ago

Alien LE on order.

#59 7 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I love Lawlor, but they're not entitled to $9k for Momjeans McCellphone.
NIB is over!!! OVER!!! (Said like the Portlandia guy)

I hope not or nothing new will be out there to buy used.

#60 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Since it looks like pinball is remaining stuck in the past, I may go after the one from the most recent past.

Good call Odin. A Big Kahuna Burger pin would be awesome.

#61 7 years ago

Star Wars

#62 7 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Good call Odin. A Big Kahuna Burger pin would be awesome.

Will it be the May announcement pin for Stern? What's in the briefcase.....

#63 7 years ago

What's in the Box?....tell me, what's in the box..?
"Seven" would be really disturbing pin.
I got on the list early for Jetsons. To date I haven't heard a single word asking for a deposit. I might be losing interest and heavelly considering Alien LE!

#64 7 years ago

The new terminology today for NIB is "Not in Box" for potential buyers for many direct reasons.
It no longer makes any sense whatsoever in this market, and not exclusively for cost reasons, although the term, "less game for more money" does readily apply today.
It is simply amazing to me that people believe that games produced have more value in a multitude of areas in comparison to the past.
DI is the only thing that may potentially come close in the past 15+ years, and still remains under development until final release.
P3 is innovative, but will it be successful?
Home owners are the new operators, at least until the next market stall.

The foremost explanation is new people are still trying to chase the "Le Violon Rouge" which is never successful.
Eventually, the smart ones realize what they are trying to do is wasteful, others simply quit.
The rest continue to chase dreams that do not exist, until they move on, allowing others acquire there "NOoB" (New Out of Box) games.

#65 7 years ago

First and only would be a JJP Rick and Morty machine.

#66 7 years ago

Star Wars. On a related note, I'll be selling a lightly used Star Wars LE with ghosted inserts sometime in December, so keep your eyes peeled!

#67 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Star Wars. On a related note, I'll be selling a lightly used Star Wars LE with ghosted inserts sometime in December, so keep your eyes peeled!

It should be a great game 3 years after that when the new code drops. They said in a future 2018 tour video an update for SW was being worked on.

#68 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

It should be a great game 3 years after that when the new code drops. They said in a future 2018 tour video an update for SW was being worked on.

I'm hoping that's not the case. I think Dwight is working on it with Steve, and they've been on it since GOT dropped (or before). He put out nearly complete code for that one, so I'm hoping it's the case here. They will certainly have had enough time when the game is announced.

#69 7 years ago

None of the above - for me, it's the Multimorphic P3.

#70 7 years ago

Well I did it!

This years NIB was just ordered!

It should arrive next week!

Golden Tee 2017 online Home edition pedestal. My first NIB game room purchase other than theater gear. I'm so stoked!!!

LIVEWIRE_marquee_HE_2017 (resized).jpgLIVEWIRE_marquee_HE_2017 (resized).jpg

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#71 7 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Well I did it!
This years NIB was just ordered!
It should arrive next week!
Golden Tee 2017 online Home edition pedestal. My first NIB game room purchase other than theater gear. I'm so stoked!!!
» YouTube video

Thats awesome! How much is one of those?

#72 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Thats awesome! How much is one of those?

$3500 without stand/TV after a $100 online coupon

Plan on another $100 per year for online & then maybe $350 for the TV & a cheap wall mount? I think yearly software upgrades are $750 but you can skip a year or three to save money it appears?

I'm gonna do a wall mounted 42" with all the wires wall fished like my MAME arcade. Pictured below is that MAME running what I like to call "Olden Tee" lol

20170305_172624 (resized).jpg20170305_172624 (resized).jpg

#73 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

It better also have an extreme amount of dimples- or I am out!

#74 7 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

It better also have an extreme amount of dimples- or I am out!

Exactly 100% of all pinball machines ever played have dimples.....some have so many you can't see them anymore.

#75 7 years ago

update...ordered an Alien LE

#76 7 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

Now was a good time for purchase and it looks like I'm getting a nib MMR LE.

MMR LE shipped already with an ETA of Monday.

Preorder

#77 7 years ago

Ordered a standard Dialed In instead of a LE Dialed In, because of the price difference in Europe between the 2 versions.

1000 € would have been ok for me, 1400 is not.

Edit: In Fact, thats the price difference icluding taxes ! So no one to blame ( except my empty wallet .. )

#78 7 years ago

That Golden tee cab looks dimpled to shit Curly!

#79 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That Golden tee cab looks dimpled to shit Curly!

Tell me about it

Golden Tee really needs to step up their QC.

I mean even the golf golf balls are covered in dimples!

#80 7 years ago

I've been in on my dream theme Alien LE for a long time now. Paid in full & just waiting patiently for delivery. With playfield swapability & a proven track record of well designed/fun games to play, anything they produce down the road has my immediate attention over any other company.

Stern's new pins really do not interest me, for the simple reason that I will not put up with unfinished code in a home environment, and this has been going on for many years. The only other Stern I'd consider buying that is currently in production right now is TWD Premium, which is one of Stern's all-time Top 5 pins IMO. Full disclosure: I already own MET

However if a Tron VE was released, that would certainly change things. Especially if it was a re-skinned 1982 version of Tron. But since it's not guaranteed to happen, there's no reason to even think about it.

A modern Original trilogy Star Wars pin would be my holy grail, but whenever it happens, they'll be making them for the next 3 years or more. I can wait to play it firsthand, form my own opinion & wait for complete code to be finished.

So Aliens & TWD Premium has my full attention in 2017.

#81 7 years ago

Have a decent Stern section now(Star Trek, Metallica, and TWD)... so I'm really leaning towards a standard Alien for something different. The videos of the gameplay really interest me and Andrew seems top-notch.

[edit]And 18hrs after posting that... Alien has been ordered.

#82 7 years ago

If they ever get made....

ARCHER or TOTAL ANNIHILATION

#83 7 years ago

Thunderbirds will be my next and last NIB.

The way the pinball manufacturers are heading these days are in the total opposite direction to me.

#84 7 years ago

After watching many reviews of Alien and DI on youtube and actually playing DI I have to go with DI.

#85 7 years ago

I'm anxious to try out Aerosmith for my next NIB. I'd love a NIB JJP pin, but I simply can't afford to go that high for a NIB pin.

#86 7 years ago
Quoted from Gravity:

I'd love a NIB JJP pin, but I simply can't afford to go that high for a NIB pin.

Yeah I'd love to get my hands on DI but that kind of scratch is above my pay grade for now.

#87 7 years ago

NIB arrived!

Complete code & no ghosting lol

20170316_101743 (resized).jpg20170316_101743 (resized).jpg

20170316_102355 (resized).jpg20170316_102355 (resized).jpg

#88 7 years ago

NIB arrived!

Complete code and no ghosting or other issues.
'
'
'

Quoted from dzoomer:

Been evaluating my next pin buy options for months. Now was a good time for purchase and it looks like I'm getting a nib MMR LE.

Quoted from dzoomer:

MMR LE shipped already with an ETA of Monday.
Preorder

It was two days late . A whole week or so after I ordered it!
IMG_2321 (2) (resized).jpgIMG_2321 (2) (resized).jpg

1 month later
#89 7 years ago

Very close to pulling the trigger on Aliens!

#90 7 years ago

Total Annihilation! Aka Spooky #3 on the poll, i suppose. It's gonna be great!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.95
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

15,000 (OBO)
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
There are 90 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-your-next-nib-game/page/2?hl=gravity and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.