(Topic ID: 32316)

What's your most hated pin you love to play?

By ThePostmaster

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by HELLODEADCITY
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg

#1 7 years ago

I was wondering what game gets you so frustrated, you can't stop playing it. For me it's STTNG. I put a new DMD in mine last night, and decided to play a few games on it. It turned into a personal battle, me against the pin. I couldn't stop playing it, even though it was kicking my butt. I kept playing, thinking I'll show you who's boss. I finally gave up after an hour of playing, patting STTNG on the back box, saying you won this battle, but I'll be back!

I have games I love to play, and have me thinking just one more game, but none turns into a personal battle like the one I have with STTNG. It's a love/hate relationship!

I'd love to hear what game/s have this affect on my fellow Pinsiders.

#2 7 years ago

BSD. This thing kicks my a$$ five ways from Sunday (especially when on one with lightning flippers), and yet I still keep going back for more.

Stacked all three mutli-balls for the first time ever this weekend. Of course, they promptly drained!

Later,
    EV

#3 7 years ago
    Quoted from EchoVictor:

BSD. This thing kicks my a$$ five ways from Sunday

+1

#4 7 years ago

JD

Drives me nuts but I keep coming back for more punishment.......and every once in a while...

#5 7 years ago
    #6 7 years ago

I'm with the OP STTNG. Think it has heard every swear word that exists and probably a few that don't.

#7 7 years ago

Avatar.... I suck at it and it pisses me off but I continue to play all the time

#8 7 years ago

ST:TNG...love/hate relationship. Outlanes destroy me. Played last night, and all I did was side drain..."You will be assimilated"

#9 7 years ago

IM- it was incredibly too fast and a drain monster- just couldn't not play it again, and again

#10 7 years ago

X-men wish I had one close by

#11 7 years ago

Ahh.. Nothing like coming home from a shitty day at work to then allowing yourself to be destroyed by BSD over and over again. I get in arguments with my girlfriend all the time,because i have to have " just one more game". Countless times ive had all locks one shot away from multiball, perfectly placed for stacking one right after eachother, and it drains on an outlane but i love this game to death and will continue to battle count dracula for the forseable future!

image.jpg

#12 7 years ago

I will make the Final Fronteer. I haven't played this game much since I've owned it, but I plan on getting my revenge this weekend (I hope!).

#13 7 years ago

Shadow & TZ.

I really did hate playying them and sold both of them......

#14 7 years ago

For me it's Bride of Pinbot or Black Knight 2000.

I often do not do well , especially on BOP, but I keep going back for more!

Chris

#15 7 years ago

+1 for Iron Man.

#17 7 years ago

The game that has hands down gotten me the maddest is Whirlwind. More than IM, STTNG, or anything else. Yes, the outlanes on STTNG can be brutal, but you usually have an indication that you are in trouble. Whirlwind's slings can toss the ball right into the outlanes quicker than you have a chance to react. Add in the fact that it basically has no ball saver unless you don't score any points, and you have a recipe for frustration.

#18 7 years ago
    Quoted from stangbat:

The game that has hands down gotten me the maddest is Whirlwind. More than IM, STTNG, or anything else. Yes, the outlanes on STTNG can be brutal, but you usually have an indication that you are in trouble. Whirlwind's slings can toss the ball right into the outlanes quicker than you have a chance to react. Add in the fact that it basically has no ball saver unless you don't score any points, and you have a recipe for frustration.

I'll second that.Game pisses me off to no end.But I love it!

#19 7 years ago

For me it's my Johnny Mnemonic, but for a different reason. I just hate the theme, in some ways it's hard for me to overlook; but the gameplay is so smooth, fast and addictive. I just love hitting combos and hearing the machine yell..."AGAIN!"

That's not a quote from the movies is it? It almost sound like an Ogre / Troll.

Either way, I'm reminded of Ogres and Trolls and I think [Medieval Madness]. [How amazing would this game be if it had a medieval theme or The Matrix]. I get angry thinking how bad the theme is, but then I remember...If the game had a better theme the price would be much higher and you'd probably never be able to afford the game.

#20 7 years ago

BSD was always my nemesis, until I found out the thrill of stacking all 3 multiballs and NAILING DRAC! The sound, animation, and all out thrill of that game is addictive, but takes so much effort to get there (once in 10, 15, even 20 games for me!) Sadly my pristine example was sacrificed and sold to a friend a year ago, and it's one of those games I know I'm going to regret selling someday.

For now though it's LOTR, I just can't seem to have a game where I get any traction, and even complete even ONE of the multiballs, let alone get to Valinor. UGH I can't even remember the last time I destroyed the ring, although I got close yesterday, and of course drained on the last ball with just the 2nd ball to shoot through the ring. Totally frustrating sometimes, but I LOVE it!

Vinny

#21 7 years ago

AC/DC LE!!

#22 7 years ago

My HS just seems to cheat, everytime I get either in chase mode or multi-ball they just drain. Sometimes at the start I've had all three balls drain in a row, no play. But, I seem to play this game the most just trying to get better at it. It screams you can't beat me & I take that challange.

#23 7 years ago
    Quoted from badpenny61:

My HS just seems to cheat

I think that with my STTNG. It's like build up his excitement, wait for it... and drain! Pisses me off.
    I will defeat it someday, and it will bow down to my greatness!!! I hope...

#24 7 years ago

I used to hate BSD, because i couldn't score over 9million to save my life. Then I was determined to play the hell out of it to learn the rules. I actually like playing it now. Not enough to own it outside of Virtual version, but it's grown on me a lot more.

#25 7 years ago

Flash Gordon. F you, Flash Gordon.

#26 7 years ago

I hate F-14 yet when I see one cant resist to play it

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 229.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 22.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 199.99
    $ 34.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 149.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 25.00
    Apparel - Women
    The Flipper Room
    $ 6.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 99.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Sales
    $ 40.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 34.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 1,248.00
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 10.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    $ 17.99
    Playfield - Decals
    Lermods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 49.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 7,395.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside