Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 51 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by libtech
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

Hey! Im looking for a new game, and was thinking of buying a early SS game, since I was thinking I want something a bit simpler but dont know that era well. I was thinking a joker poker or alien poker or something..

Doesnt have to be from that era, but it would help, whats the game you cant help but press start over and over on; that you would consider the most addictive?

#2 6 years ago

Newer Games: Star Wars LE ( Premium Same ) & Aerosmith
Old: Fish Tales / Adams Family

I have 14 Machines and find myself playing the hell out of these games.
When I go somewhere. I am usually putting money into "Dialed In"

#3 6 years ago

One with shorter ball times. A 35 minute game doesn't make me want to push the start button again right away. But a series of games that is short, short, short, short then long, makes me play 5 times. MMR has this, tough outlanes and SDTM risky required shots.

#4 6 years ago

For me its AFMr. I'll tee-up multiple 4-player games and play until my wrists start to scream.

"Just one more" on this one, for sure!

#5 6 years ago

Older SS i would recommend Eight Ball Deluxe. Newer than that, I'd vote STTNG.

#6 6 years ago

I find Black Knight to be very addicting, and often times will choose to play that above most of my other games (just as fun alone). With Black Knight, I like to have retro synth or retro video game music in the background (anything high energy without vocals). Outside of the older SS realm, BSD is the most addicting game I've experienced. However, friends tend to choose TWD or GB over my other games, so it's all preference I suppose.

#7 6 years ago

Lately it's a tossup between Frontiersman and River Boat. They both have that ten more game appeal.

#8 6 years ago

My vote would go to Gottlieb Sinbad. Easy to learn but tough to master. Chances are if I start 1 game I end up playing 10.

Plus the nice thing with Sinbad is that they are plentiful and inexpensive. Joker Poker would be another great choice from that era for the same reasons.

#9 6 years ago

Early Solid State go with Bally Kiss, Bally Playboy, Evel Knievel, maybe Strikes and Spares. so many good ones out there!

#10 6 years ago

I'll throw out a vote for Big Game...there is something about trying to complete the cards that doesn't let me stop playing.

#11 6 years ago

My friend has a joker poker with a pascal board.
Fantastic game.
Elektra is also really good.
Centaur would be awesome if they weren't so damn expensive.

Modern games.
Mm or STTNG. But I'm biased cuz I own both.

And if you want to go EM. Nip it. And Interflip dragon.

#12 6 years ago

Im loving Blackwater, Fire, and Bride of Pinbot right now.

All addictive to me in 3 different ways.

Bride is a bitch, I cant tame!!
Then Blackwater pisses me off.
So I play Fire to burn them both!

#13 6 years ago

I would get and eight ball deluxe if you are wanting an early SS great game

#14 6 years ago

Most addicting game by far I've played in the past 3 years is Total Nuclear Annihilation. My wife and I kept going back at last year's Expo to play "just one more game". And that was just the whitewood....

Later,
EV

#15 6 years ago

Iron Man! Short ball times, simple rules, and very fast.

#16 6 years ago

Hobbit. I know it's gotten a lot of bad press lately, but it is FUN. It's definitely a long journey, and despite some who appear to think it's just multiball after multiball with no skill needed (they are right about the first part), it is very hard to keep up, and very hard to complete a lot of the modes. And boy when you finally nail Smaug...

#18 6 years ago

Fishtales
Jackbot
Joker Poker
Black Knight

#19 6 years ago

Stick to something timeless, fun, easy for non pin players to play too.
My vote would be for Taxi, fair price, maintains its value and has great sounds.
And the bell still scares the crap out of me first game each time.

I don't own it, but a buddy has one (and usually has a bunch of much higher end games on hand) and I usually try everything else out and go right back to taxi.

#20 6 years ago

Man, I don't know why but it's been my Star Wars pro. I've gotten a couple of really great new games since I got it and it's still my go-to.

It's so stripped down and a bit rough around the edges, and the majority of the games kick my ass so hard... but then I get a bunch of stacked multiballs and manage to move the multipliers around successfully and all of a sudden I'm blowing things up and it's totally great! And then I suck again and can't help but continue to chase that high.

#21 6 years ago

Abra Ca Dabra, (There is no Extra Balls in the Game, tough to get over 100,000 points).
Pin*Bot, (Kills me, we have a love/hate relationship, it kicks my ass, sometimes I win).

#23 6 years ago

Great

Quoted from libtech:Hey! Im looking for a new game, and was thinking of buying a early SS game, since I was thinking I want something a bit simpler but dont know that era well. I was thinking a joker poker or alien poker or something..
Doesnt have to be from that era, but it would help, whats the game you cant help but press start over and over on; that you would consider the most addictive?

Great choices man! Bally and Stern were Kings in the early SS era. Gottlieb had some of my favorite games as well, like Joker Poker, Countdown, Sinbad, Genie. Williams had fun games with Flash, Gorgar, Solar Fire, Alien Poker, and Barracora. Early SS are my personal favorite pins. I suggest you play them as much as you can to determine what features you like the best. Stern is known for drops and spinners, Bally for innovation and replayability. Gottlieb System 1 plays more like an EM than the others. Williams is a mixture of all. Joker Poker, Countdown for Gottlieb. Meteor and Quicksilver ( if you can find one) for Stern. Barracora, Alien Poker, or Blackout for Williams. Eight Ball Deluxe or Paragon for Bally. You simply can't go wrong with any of them. Happy Hunting!

#24 6 years ago

Early 80s: Flash Gordon, EBD, Blackout

Late 80s: Taxi, Black Knight 2000

Modern: Iron Man

All result in frequently hitting the start button. Fast ball times, easy to learn & hard to master, some harder than others. Can't go wrong with any of them.

Wish I had more space for more Early 80s Bally/Williams SS pins. 1980 best year in pinball

#25 6 years ago

For early SS I'm trying to avoid expensive (except maybe Solar Fire) - IMHO

Williams - Solar Fire - Best off the classic 2 level games/ Firepower best System 6 with the classic sounds and best multi-ball start before Showtime.
Bally - Flash Gordon/ - Hard game so you hit the start button a lot / Eight Ball Deluxe - Single ball classic
Gottlieb - Black Hole and Haunted House are standards with great sounds.
Stern - I like 9 ball or Sea Witch. Not sure any Stern is cheap.

#27 6 years ago

Eight Ball Deluxe, Firepower, and Fireball Classic. Those early SS games really do it for me.

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

and was thinking of buying a early SS game

I highly recommend Stars. Deceptively simple, yet frustrating and wonderful. It is a surprising game.

On the Bally side of the house: EK, HG, EBD, EB are all great games.

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Hey! Im looking for a new game, and was thinking of buying a early SS game, since I was thinking I want something a bit simpler but dont know that era well. I was thinking a joker poker or alien poker or something..

Buy my Whirlwind?

#30 6 years ago

Dile, afm, bsd are by far my go to pins ....

#31 6 years ago

I'm 100% EM, but years back I had a nice Paragon in the basement
and if I already had a really nice Cowpoke, I wouldn't have made the
trade.. (T)

#32 6 years ago

Dialed in CE. I have not stoped playing.
AFMRLE, GB, walking dead, Star Wars Le and twilight zone!!

#33 6 years ago

Probably Flip- Flop. You know what they say " once you flip-flop, you just can't stop-stop!"

#34 6 years ago

IM:VE for me. But now that I have my pin stadium lights installed in TWD:prem I have been smashing the heck out it's start button non stop!!

#35 6 years ago

Older: Eight Ball Deluxe, Whirlwind, Taxi
Newer: Aerosmith

#36 6 years ago

F-14 is pretty brutal and worth a look.

#37 6 years ago

Centaur or Centaur II

#39 6 years ago

IM and a SW tag team these days.
A couple of start button pushin, equal opportunity assholes.

#40 6 years ago

SWLE, GOT LE, and IJ.

#41 6 years ago

TWDLE. I am getting better at the game but am still so far off from reaching Last Man Standing it's not even funny. Chasing that Wizard mode has me coming back to the game all the time.

#42 6 years ago

Right now WWE for some weird reason...fun pin....

#43 6 years ago

Classic Stern Seawitch

#44 6 years ago

pre DMD... Flash Gordon | 2x playfield, 3x playfield, Super Bonus, Mini Bonus, inline drops for bonus x and extra ball, spinner, bonus collect... tap passing, shatzing - and it's a killer!

DMD... Tron | well designed multiballs and mini modes, flow, combos (end of line) - fast and furious!

#46 6 years ago

Banzai run is addictive for me. Can't get enough of trying to be king of the hill.

#47 6 years ago

Tron LE by far. Just sucks you in.

Next in line is TWD, then IJ.

#48 6 years ago

Harlem Globetrotters

#49 6 years ago

I would say any Classic Stern is addictive.

My Favorite: 1977 Stern Pinball

Condition: Clearcoated, waxed, new rubbers, six degree incline and all switches hair-trigger sensitive.

Very fast game (ball speed) with short ball times. Hungry outlanes, center pop bumper that often fires the ball like a rocket SDTM. The lower left target shot feeds the right outlane. All other targets feed the pop bumpers. Rubbers on sides of playfield feed the slings. Poor shots (and many good shots) are immediately punished. Just hitting the lit spinner (if you don't completely brick that shot) is so friggin addictive. And four VERY LOUD and clanky chimes!

#50 6 years ago

I'd say Diner, Black Knight, Sorcerer, Harlem Globetrotters

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Casper, WY
Tools
Pincoder Store

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hawesville, KY
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Washington Court House, OH
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Branford, CT
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-your-most-addictive-game?hl=kronlar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.