(Topic ID: 57932)

What's your greatest pinball achievement?

By crazyerk

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 78 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Pinwizkid
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 10 years ago

I'm curious to hear about your greatest pinball achievement. Maybe you restored some old beater to its glory days, or perhaps you got lost in the zone twice in one game and then moved over to your AFM and on the very next game ruled the universe! Some of you maybe won Pinburgh or a PAPA event! Mine isn't very good, but I got to Danger Room on one version of the XM code. With time and practice I hope to up the ante at some point. Thanks for sharing!

#2 10 years ago

I got Lost in the Zone twice in one game!... but in the Pinball Arcade video game, lol. Unfortunately the TZ at the place I go to is not really playable. But umm... so far nothing to be "OMG WOW" y'know? Just a recent high score on TRON Legacy. I've been in pinball for just 1.3 years so I don't have much.

#3 10 years ago

I completed Letter Bomb on Dirty Harry and still had 24 seconds on the clock .

#4 10 years ago
    Quoted from crazyerk:

I'm curious to hear about your greatest pinball achievement.

I own pinball machines. They're in my home and I can play them whenever I want. I never get tired of walking downstairs and appreciating what good fortune I (we) have.

Other than that, probably bringing a left for dead Stern Galaxy back from the grave by slowly rebuilding everything by myself. Feels good man.

#5 10 years ago

Taped a flipper button so I could go duece.

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from TheShameGovernor:

I own pinball machines. They're in my home and I can play them whenever I want. I never get tired of walking downstairs and appreciating what good fortune I (we) have.

I totally agree! Sometimes my wife and I have a mini tournament to see who has to do the laundry

#7 10 years ago

bringing basket case EM machine back to life one switch at a time

--Jeff

#8 10 years ago

Like others have stated, saving pins on the brink of destruction via landfill or parting out. Other than that, it's either my 3.5 million score on Seawitch or getting a NOS Spinout Ramp for $60 or getting my kids to play pinball with me.

-Steve

#9 10 years ago

For 60 years I have been a collector of a great variety things. Over the last 4 years my interest has turned to pinballs. This is perhaps the most enjoyable hobby that I have experienced . The greatest achievement for me is having experienced the people associated with this Hobby. Pinheads like BR , Doughslinger, Jack, Chad, ect. Have allowed me to buy, sell, fix, and enjoy everything regarding my collection.

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from crazyerk:

What's your greatest pinball achievement?

Being able to operate games. I regularly get to watch others enjoy my games. The compliments tell me I'm doing the right things.

Pinball machine - $4500.00

Regularly watching others having fun playing your games - Priceless

#11 10 years ago

Still working on it .

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

I completed Letter Bomb on Dirty Harry and still had 24 seconds on the clock .

"Hey Harry....checked your mail lately?"

#13 10 years ago

Winning a PAPA division--big-ass oldschool trophy and NIB game (it was my first non-EM game too)

#14 10 years ago

I think my greatest achievement is keeping Beester's memory alive by occasionally posting his tribute to his wife Katie.

To remind us of how rich our lives truly are, how our world can change in an instant, and the part pinball plays in it.

LTG : )

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from TheShameGovernor:

Hear, hear!

Are you into baseball? I watch the College World Series every year, but have yet to make the trek to Omaha.

#16 10 years ago

After 64 weeks of posting two times a day i sold my overpriced pinball machine on craigslist!
    Perfectly executed plan!

#17 10 years ago

Getting to Valinor!

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I think my greatest achievement is keeping Beester's memory alive by occasionally posting his tribute to his wife Katie.
    To remind us of how rich our lives truly are, how our world can change in an instant, and the part pinball plays in it.
    LTG : )

I always appreciate it when you post that, Lloyd. Great read. We are all lucky to have you around here as well.

#19 10 years ago

Getting my (game not mentioned) "preorder" refunded & then obtaining my absolute 3 grail pins in minty collector quality HUO condition

All within the same week

FGY, LOTR & TSPP

My greatest achievement!

#20 10 years ago

Vacation Jackpot on Wh20 / twice thus far.
    Hitting the 3-way combo / air raid siren on Whirlwind twice also.

Finding stuff to "fix" with my Hakko 808......

#21 10 years ago

Learning to work on them myself. Especially proud of doing some HV board work to get DMD fixed. Simple, everyday stuff to some but a rewarding achievement to this newbie.
    Thanks to everyone on here for all the help!

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from cal50:

Vacation Jackpot on Wh20 / twice thus far.
    Hitting the 3-way combo / air raid siren on Whirlwind twice also.

That hakko is amazing. I have two.

#23 10 years ago

Going to Germany to play in the IFPA10 world champs.

Awesome experience. Met a lot of nice guys and played a heap of machines I have never seen before.

rd.

#24 10 years ago

For me, owning 2 of my own pinball machines...And pretty darn good ones too I think!

#25 10 years ago

I got Black Knight to work. Now if only I can get Fireball Classic to work.

#26 10 years ago

Playing at a tournament at a pin place in Denmark.

#27 10 years ago
    Quoted from crazyerk:

I'm curious to hear about your greatest pinball achievement.

Convincing my better half that I need another pinball machine, then doing it again and again and again. Still impressed. Mad skills.

#28 10 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

That hakko is amazing. I have two.

You must have dual holsters!

I put off getting one for a LONG time. Used a friends and still did not order one. My Whirlwind display had a bad driver chip that I happened to have an old display with the now obscure and expensive chip I needed. That was my excuse to get the Hakko to harvest the chip off the old board to use on my game. It cleanly dropped the chip in about a minute with zero damage.

I pulled other chips off the old board for fun and after about 4 beers the board was naked.
    The 808 , my Weller soldering station & Heineken's make board work WAY more enjoyable.

#29 10 years ago

I picked up a Wms World Cup last week. When I added it to the running list of games owned, it turned out to be the 60th game I've owned.

Every game I've been able to bring back to life has been a great achievement.

Jason

#30 10 years ago

When I bought my first pin hands down!!!

#31 10 years ago

Hey,

I would probably say the airbrush work I did on my Twilight Zone. I am not in any way adept at that sort of thing, but with a TON of time and a lot of patience, managed to get the rocket good enough to fool 90 percent of people. I'd also mention the top and bottom teardown I did on the same game. As an aside, don't do TZ as your first full teardown.

Luke

#32 10 years ago

All the pinball tournaments my son and I have been to.
    Went to Pinball Fantasies at the Riviera in Vegas twice.
    The Houston pinball tournaments.
    Winning 3 separate years at the Texas Pinball Festival in Dallas.
    Some day we will make it to PAPA for the big tourney.
    Oh, and restoring over 100 pinball machines over the years. Always keeps me busy.

#33 10 years ago

"Winning 3 separate years at the Texas Pinball Festival in Dallas"

Sometimes this is why I hate aliases. Always interesting to know who's lurking out there that's got "skillz" but not actively participating in a lot of tourneys. I'm currently ranked #4 for TX state IFPA champs...would like to know who all of my competition is lol.. You going to be at the party in Dallas next week?

I got 1st place in EM's C Division this year after being lowest qualifying seed to get into finals. /madunderdog

#34 10 years ago

Another great achievement was finding room for more pins and still being able
    to park my truck in the garage.

#35 10 years ago

I don't think i've ever seen the words pinball and achievement in the same sentence before. mind blown.

#36 10 years ago

I helped to keep Stern alive, have bought 3 new Sterns, as well as help fund a few startups.

#37 10 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

You going to be at the party in Dallas next week?

What is going on in Dallas next week?
    The 5 hour drive does not allow us to attend a lot of small events.

#38 10 years ago

Only small if you call 70+ people and 30 pins "small" lol... I'll shoot you a PM.

#39 10 years ago
    Quoted from cal50:

Used my Hakko 808 an hour ago. Thing is friggin' sweet.

I love watching the LED display for the temperature climb to 750 degrees in a matter of seconds!

#40 10 years ago

Greatest achievement ? Finding a unique hobby....hunting, buying,restoring and playing pinball machines!!! I fricken love this hobby

#41 10 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Only small if you call 70+ people and 30 pins "small" lol... I'll shoot you a PM.

I know. I find that funny now as well. lol
    I just shot a PM off to the organizer and hope to attend with my son next weekend.
    Sounds like a blast.

#42 10 years ago

After four years finally getting my 3 pins shipped from Los Angeles to my home here in Hawaii. ALOHA!!!

#43 10 years ago

Finding a really nice pin for FREE!!

#44 10 years ago

Walking down the hotel hallway at the Texas Pinball Festival with my young son and Steve Richie I told him thanks for everything he has done for pinball and he says my pleasure and shakes our hands and we proceed to go home and order a AC DC

#45 10 years ago

Getting Wizard of Oz in my house without killing myself or damaging the machine.

#46 10 years ago

lol, now that ain't no joke. It took 3 of us to move a Stargate, and WOZ is even heavier.

#47 10 years ago

Heavier than RFM?

#48 10 years ago

Buying a pinball machine at the age of 14. Probably should get a second one.

#49 10 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

lol, now that ain't no joke. It took 3 of us to move a Stargate, and WOZ is even heavier.

Oh, I was being serious.

#50 10 years ago

Just started collecting pinballs recently and now have 3. All 3 were DOA on arrival 2 are working one is a big project (fire) but the biggest achievement was getting this all past the wife.

There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-your-greatest-pinball-achievement and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.