DE561919-244A-45D2-ACBF-FDE557FB9A1F (resized).jpeg
6350A204-35B6-45DC-BE7E-CEE2C6F774AB (resized).jpeg
8E66C287-94E3-4D6F-84C9-CC12B1F6143C (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20200518-094042 (resized).png
ED395F93-A3E6-4F61-8046-53C53FB13CF0 (resized).jpeg
71099D4B-5501-45B7-AA99-15F7A3DF6801 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6686 (resized).jpg
IMG_8770 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paulace.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 3 years ago

This really is a moving target, but I'd love to find a Gottlieb Gemini in any kind of shape...for a reasonable price. I think they made 300. If I get that and a Strange World, I could finally let go of 1978....well, except for the way I dress...

DaMoib - if you find a Quick Draw, you should snag it - tons of fun! It's definitely a keeper!

#25 3 years ago

Dayhuff - I have a SS Charlie's Angels in an arcade here, and the first thing folks say when they play it is "Gee, I wish Farrah Fawcett had been on it." So I played with the artwork during this downtime.. Purists, please avert your delicate gaze...and Gordon Morrison, forgive me!
CA with farrah (resized).jpgCA with farrah (resized).jpg

#28 3 years ago

I love Centigrade 37! I'd pay extra for one that was right-side up, though..

#40 3 years ago

Thanks Dayhuff - for those of us with limited artistic talent, there are Photoshop filters....

#65 3 years ago

Where are all these Gemini's popping up? I'm trying not to be too terribly jealous!

#85 3 years ago

frenchmarky - I have a Card Whiz right next to my Quick Draw...and I love them both! It would be hard to pick a favorite - if you find one, pick it up - you'll be glad.

#94 3 years ago

goldenboy232 - Sorry to hear you lost your workshop. Was that due to all this virus madness? I've enjoyed reading about you restoring your machines and asking questions in the forum.

frenchmarky - All that is true - one man's trash is another man's treasure, and thank goodness, or we'd all be after the same machine! I find that I get attached to machines in proportion to the amount of time I've spent restoring them. By the time I decide to get a machine, I'm pretty familiar with the pf layout, played it virtually, read what others think of it, and finally pull the trigger. By the time I spend weeks or months restoring it, I've usually fallen in love with one aspect of it or another...I'm full of biased opinions.

#108 3 years ago

I thought of another I'd loooove to own, if I could find one - Gottlieb "Space Walk". I think they only made about 200 or so EM's. It's fun to dream....

#127 3 years ago

boilerman
I've mentioned 3 grail pins - Strange World, Gemini and Space Walk. I've recently restored and played a Strange World and really enjoyed the way it plays and LOVE the art package! - hated to give it back. The other 2 I've never even seen, much less played, but there are some pretty good VisualPinballX versions of those, and I love the layout and the way they play. I always enjoy the real thing much more than the virtual versions, so I'm pretty sure I'd love the actual machines....if I could find and afford them. But the rarity does increase the appeal, so it's a combination of those things for me.

#132 3 years ago

Tyamry

Niiiiice! That Space Walk looks to be in really good shape - did you restore it?

#134 3 years ago

Tyamry
Yeah, no kidding....looks beautiful. I'm trying hard not to hate you. (Just kidding...sort of)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Staunton, VA
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Kent, WA
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

$ 12.00
900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Murrells Inlet, SC
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paulace.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-your-grail-pin?tu=paulace and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.