DE561919-244A-45D2-ACBF-FDE557FB9A1F (resized).jpeg
6350A204-35B6-45DC-BE7E-CEE2C6F774AB (resized).jpeg
8E66C287-94E3-4D6F-84C9-CC12B1F6143C (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20200518-094042 (resized).png
ED395F93-A3E6-4F61-8046-53C53FB13CF0 (resized).jpeg
71099D4B-5501-45B7-AA99-15F7A3DF6801 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6686 (resized).jpg
IMG_8770 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 3 years ago

If we are talking EMs as this is in the EM hangout, I've had quite a few and ended up with most of them.

The last true EM grail for me was Williams Beat The Clock, and I scored a nice example less than a year ago. Not much left to wish for after that.

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Odin, What about WMS Reserve?

That would be cool. There was a list of what to get if I could find them in decent shape and that was one of them, but at the end of the day, I only have room for so many, and so many have come and gone and now I am down to only good ones that still get played a lot.

Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

This is mine but with only 120 made it’s a pipe dream. A close 2nd would be a Mata Hari EM and I think only 170 of them were made.
[quoted image]

There was a nice EM Black Jack at the local auction a couple of years ago, and it went for decent money, but not excessive considering the rarity. I played it, but that in itself didn't make me want to bid on it. There also seem to be more than 170 EM Mata Haris out there as they come up for sale pretty often, and I myself have seen several examples over the last few years. Too many to be that rare.

#30 3 years ago

I remember when Fireball and Joker Poker EM were my grail electro mechanicals. Seems like ages ago and glad my tastes have improved since then. But also glad I got it out of my system and had a chance to own nice examples of both and then move on.

#35 3 years ago
Quoted from koji:

Hmm.. trying to figure out if this is sarcasm

None at all.

Being it had been decades since I had played the EMs I played as a kid when I started buying machines, I took the easy road and went after games I remember liking when I was younger of which Fireball and Joker Poker EM were two.

So many better games that I had not played have made their way here since those two hit the highway years ago. I don't need reminders of my youth now, and none of the EMs I currently own do I remember playing with the exception of perhaps Pit Stop. And that would be a very fuzzy memory.

Out with the old-

b1e45d6551134fe479fd3fef7d48d23d6809809d (resized).jpgb1e45d6551134fe479fd3fef7d48d23d6809809d (resized).jpg

In with the keeper-

8c1a34ab30cf7c775cc0180d10b7004a5ce5980a (resized).jpg8c1a34ab30cf7c775cc0180d10b7004a5ce5980a (resized).jpg
#36 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Ha. Fireball in collector quality shape for me.

Which one?

49048b3e4bbb0a988fe23c1c02d485758ab5748e (resized).jpg49048b3e4bbb0a988fe23c1c02d485758ab5748e (resized).jpg
#41 3 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

The closest one to your backdoor.

Sorry, they both went out the back door several years ago.

As I mentioned, they only stay if they get played regularly or aren't taking up otherwise valuable space.

#43 3 years ago
Quoted from koji:

Still Joker Poker is one I am working on, but since I'm looking at it as more of a player, I'm good with the SS version which is not too bad to get a hand on, as opposed to the EM which would be a grail for any EM collector (but you apparently)

I had a SS lined up when I sold the EM, and a nice one, but even that didn't last very long. Easy game to get played out on pretty fast. And although it certainly wasn't his worst, I didn't really care much for the artwork after a while.

It's all relative, you start bringing in more stylish games to your liking, and some of the others just start looking not so good and you just want them gone.

#48 3 years ago

All I can say is have fun with it, and if you ever get tired of looking at it or playing it, there will always be someone else out there looking for something as rare.

#53 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I do have Beat the Clock on my wish list will have to do as my current EM grail.

It's a good one and was well worth the wait. A great player with most unique rules.

And like the rest of these, won't be leaving to make room for any others.

DSCN6846 (resized).JPGDSCN6846 (resized).JPG
#56 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

WTB: Gold Strike

Do you need to add a ball?

#73 3 years ago

Only grail I am yet to own.

Well, like most of these listed, it has to be somebody's grail.

image-4 (resized).jpgimage-4 (resized).jpg
#79 3 years ago

My grail right now, although not an EM, is a Nascar as nice as the one I sold several years ago.

What comes around, goes around.

#97 3 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

I'm willing to trade my wife for a Canada Dry. Doesn't have to be working as she doesn't either

Would you be willing to add a little cash on your end?

Oh, never mind. I don't own a Canada Dry and really don't have the space for a wife

#100 3 years ago

If she's over 40, you don't really need to bother. Or let's say I already get the picture.

#102 3 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

Lots of pretty women in Canada. 40+ too.

I can believe that.

I live in the land where women move to to age fast, it seems. I learned long ago you gotta get them when they first arrive, or import them yourself.

#104 3 years ago
Quoted from radial_head:

just saying rank things about women

I do apologize, but I can only imagine some of the things they have said about me.

Carry on...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Kent, WA
900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Murrells Inlet, SC
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Staunton, VA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-your-grail-pin?tu=o-din and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.