DE561919-244A-45D2-ACBF-FDE557FB9A1F (resized).jpeg
6350A204-35B6-45DC-BE7E-CEE2C6F774AB (resized).jpeg
8E66C287-94E3-4D6F-84C9-CC12B1F6143C (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20200518-094042 (resized).png
ED395F93-A3E6-4F61-8046-53C53FB13CF0 (resized).jpeg
71099D4B-5501-45B7-AA99-15F7A3DF6801 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6686 (resized).jpg
IMG_8770 (resized).jpg
There are 144 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 3 years ago
Quoted from firefighter:

I was second in line for this and had to wait 24 hours before the first buyer made up his mind.

I was the disappointed third, you bastard. Congrats though.

#52 3 years ago
Quoted from firefighter:

My grail pin has been Eldorado and have missed out on the last two but when this Gold Strike came up I could get it fast enough. I was second in line for this and had to wait 24 hours before the first buyer made up his mind. That was a very long 24 hour wait. Its in my game room now and the wife and I are so happy! Good thing come to those who wait!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Holy shit what the heck is that???
Never seen one.

#53 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I do have Beat the Clock on my wish list will have to do as my current EM grail.

It's a good one and was well worth the wait. A great player with most unique rules.

And like the rest of these, won't be leaving to make room for any others.

DSCN6846 (resized).JPGDSCN6846 (resized).JPG
#54 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Holy shit what the heck is that???
Never seen one.

They only made 675 of these!

#55 3 years ago
Quoted from firefighter:

They only made 675 of these!

WTB: Gold Strike

#56 3 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

WTB: Gold Strike

Do you need to add a ball?

#58 3 years ago

The list is very long for Solid State and beyond games.

But for EMs pretty short.
1000% Fireball.
Bally’s Big Foot would be definitely top of the list. I had proof of its existence I’d be hauling it right now.
Loop The Loop was incredibly fun.

Probably any machine made by Rally. I love those games. They’re so cool, and I love Nixie tubes too!

Oh and probably Balls-a-poppin because that’s the most ridiculous game I’ve ever seen.

#59 3 years ago

The worst thing about buying an EM is having to listen to the seller's Beach Boys cd as you roll up.

#60 3 years ago

I am not an EM guy, but that changed after I played Beat the Clock. I first played that at TPF and I probably put a hundred plays on it!! Also on my list is a Medusa, really enjoyed watching high end pins do that one. I would also really like to have a safecracker.

#61 3 years ago

There's always that one exception

#62 3 years ago

AFM before the remakes were ever a reality. Played it back in 1995 at Q-Zar, remembered it all the way to March 2016 when I finally got one for $8250.

Now that I have it, I dunno if I really have a grail game anymore. Maybe Champion Pub - maybe. It's a bit of a unicorn in that many weren't made and you don't see them often.

#63 3 years ago

I have not 1 but 4 GRAIL pins !

P1080119 (resized).JPGP1080119 (resized).JPG

IMG_3972 (resized).JPGIMG_3972 (resized).JPG

#64 3 years ago

Hi every body.
It was my two grails Gemini and Solar ride, now it's a Mermaid.
Good day and take care.

P3220570 (resized).JPGP3220570 (resized).JPGP4250629 (resized).JPGP4250629 (resized).JPG
#65 3 years ago

Where are all these Gemini's popping up? I'm trying not to be too terribly jealous!

#66 3 years ago
Quoted from pins-with-cows:

Hi every body.
It was my two grails Gemini and Solar ride.

Funny grail pin, for sure, it's a nice mix of EM solar ride and vulcan lightbox !

#67 3 years ago

I miss having a grail pin. I used to have them, but now I’ve owned them. Some are still here, others have been sold after thousands of plays. I still buy games I like, but I’m not on a quest to find that one game anymore.

#68 3 years ago
Quoted from pins-with-cows:

Hi every body.
It was my two grails Gemini and Solar ride, now it's a Mermaid.
Good day and take care.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Show off some more Pyramid pics

#69 3 years ago
Quoted from kangourou:

I have not 1 but 4 GRAIL pins !
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I collect 2 player Gottliebs, but I simply have determined that I’ll never own Space Walk because they will not come up for sale and be REASONABLY priced if it ever does.

Looks beautiful and congrats on that beauty

#70 3 years ago

If there can only be one grail for me, it would be Strange World. El Dorado comes in at a not too close 2nd, but since everyone has seen and played an El Dorado, it has less of an appeal for me.

#71 3 years ago

Yes,you have the eye of tiger Andrew.

#72 3 years ago

First it was Atlantis, then I got it. Then it was Firepower, then I got it.

Now it's Old Chicago and/or Flash Gordon. So if anyone wants to sell either...

Atlantis and FP are never sells for me. Love both of those games.

#73 3 years ago

Only grail I am yet to own.

Well, like most of these listed, it has to be somebody's grail.

image-4 (resized).jpgimage-4 (resized).jpg
#74 3 years ago

Rockola World Series or Jigsaw.
Steve

#75 3 years ago

A TKO would be nice. Fat chance of finding one locally, or even in Canada.

#76 3 years ago

Just got my MMRRE. Been trying to get an MM since 2005. Could never justify the silly prices for used ones.

Now I’ve got her. My Alpha. My Omega. AND! NIB. Fantasy pipe dream in 2005.

#77 3 years ago

A friend of mine mentioned that Astro was his grail pin, so ever since then I have been on the hunt.

My wife might just divorce me if I brought another pin home now, but if a C37 came up for sale locally at a fair price....
I kid, I kid.

#78 3 years ago

I thought about listing my top 5 but had to go with 6; Kings & Queens (I have a Wade playfield, but no game), Pleasure Isle, Double Barrel, Star Jet, Big Hit, & Strange World

#79 3 years ago

My grail right now, although not an EM, is a Nascar as nice as the one I sold several years ago.

What comes around, goes around.

#80 3 years ago

Fast Draw turned out to be my all-time grail pin, but when I got it 30+ years ago I didn't know it yet. I know it's unlikely I'll ever find an EM I never get tired of playing all day long like FD but I could go for a Joker Poker or Royal Flush/Card Whiz. Or find another Flip A Card or Jacks Open to replace the ones I sold like an idiot. I don't like to think too much about the great ones I let go. The ones where you say "I'm never gonna sell this pin!" but somehow or other you did.

#81 3 years ago

For me,my grail WAS "The Beatles"until Stern went to a girly re theme and destroyed it

#82 3 years ago

Melody!
I love everything about it.
The artwork and gameplay are awesome!

I got one a few years ago.
Pics are right after I got it home, before I did any work on it.

E

Melody (resized).jpgMelody (resized).jpgMelody1 (resized).jpgMelody1 (resized).jpgmelody2 (resized).jpgmelody2 (resized).jpg
#83 3 years ago

Cosmos, you dont see it much, I am not em pinball guy but this pinball was the first I saw as a kid growing up and one of my dad's first pins in the 70's now I own it and won't part from it for anything.

20160110_135723 (resized).jpg20160110_135723 (resized).jpg
#84 3 years ago

A HEP El Dorado for me. .

#85 3 years ago

frenchmarky - I have a Card Whiz right next to my Quick Draw...and I love them both! It would be hard to pick a favorite - if you find one, pick it up - you'll be glad.

#86 3 years ago

Question: If they made a Monty Python and the Holy Grail pinball, would it be anyone's "grail" pin?

Quoted from jasonspoint28:

A friend of mine mentioned that Astro was his grail pin, so I have been on the hunt.

Just have him get a Jetsons. Astro comes with it.

#87 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

For me,my grail WAS "The Beatles"until Stern went to a girly re theme and destroyed it

Well, KaPow could have directed the theme.. but honestly, the game is a blast to play IMO.

#88 3 years ago
Quoted from paulace:

frenchmarky - I have a Card Whiz right next to my Quick Draw...and I love them both! It would be hard to pick a favorite - if you find one, pick it up - you'll be glad.

When I bought FD it was just another pin in the back of my pickup truck to me, I remembered playing it in arcades and thought it would only be decent or so-so in the house, being that it wasn't even a single player like the EMs I had bought a lot of. Never dreamed it would be my all time fave. One can have a grail pin but you probably haven't played it that much in the past or even at all, so you're not really sure it's going to be a keeper for a loooong time. I've never played Joker Poker but it gets bragged up a lot and it looks like a great layout so I'm just going by that, for all I know if I had one it wouldn't knock my socks off. I learned that maybe it's better to discover that any ol' game you just bought is the grail pin.

#89 3 years ago
Quoted from frenchmarky:

When I bought FD it was just another pin in the back of my pickup truck to me, I remembered playing it in arcades and thought it would only be decent or so-so in the house, being that it wasn't even a single player like the EMs I had bought a lot of. Never dreamed it would be my all time fave. One can have a grail pin but you probably haven't played it that much in the past or even at all, so you're not really sure it's going to be a keeper for a loooong time. I've never played Joker Poker but it gets bragged up a lot and it looks like a great layout so I'm just going by that, for all I know if I had one it wouldn't knock my socks off. I learned that maybe it's better to discover that any ol' game you just bought is the grail pin.

Since I brought home my Fast Draw in February (after a 10 hour drive), it gets played twice as much as my other 5 pins and I play all of them a lot. The gameplay is just simply fantastic.

It can be brutal IMO but also brutally addictive.

#90 3 years ago

My grail pins that I got. Not a particularly desirable title but I wanted them for sentimental reasons.

Grand Champions (resized).jpgGrand Champions (resized).jpg
#91 3 years ago

This is SO hard for me to answer. I used to say "Atlantis" but as I've been considering having to sell my entire collection lately (I lost my workshop and just don't have a good alternative on the horizon) I find that every game in my collection is one I love:

Atlantis
Quick Draw
Melody
Bank-A-Ball
King Pin
Lucky Hand

And even the Big Hit and Jacks Open I'm finishing up to sell will be hard to part with.

#92 3 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Question: If they made a Monty Python and the Holy Grail pinball, would it be anyone's "grail" pin ?

Technically it would be everybody's Grail pin.

#93 3 years ago

Mine would have to be #abracadabra ... Every time I go to Museum of pinball in Banning,Ca ... I always spend a great deal of time playing various EM’s there... one day I’ll get mine.

Just acquired my first EM Bronco. I’m slowly shopping it right now.

#94 3 years ago

goldenboy232 - Sorry to hear you lost your workshop. Was that due to all this virus madness? I've enjoyed reading about you restoring your machines and asking questions in the forum.

frenchmarky - All that is true - one man's trash is another man's treasure, and thank goodness, or we'd all be after the same machine! I find that I get attached to machines in proportion to the amount of time I've spent restoring them. By the time I decide to get a machine, I'm pretty familiar with the pf layout, played it virtually, read what others think of it, and finally pull the trigger. By the time I spend weeks or months restoring it, I've usually fallen in love with one aspect of it or another...I'm full of biased opinions.

#95 3 years ago

I'm willing to trade my wife for a Canada Dry. Doesn't have to be working as she doesn't either

#96 3 years ago

Square Head. A guy on my floor at school in 1976 had it in his dorm room, and I've always wanted that game.
Still looking.

Captain Fanastic would be nice, too.

#97 3 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

I'm willing to trade my wife for a Canada Dry. Doesn't have to be working as she doesn't either

Would you be willing to add a little cash on your end?

Oh, never mind. I don't own a Canada Dry and really don't have the space for a wife

#98 3 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

I have 2 Canada Dry and I don't need a second wife, What do I do ?

#99 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Would you be willing to add a little cash on your end?
Oh, never mind. I don't own a Canada Dry and really don't have the space for a wife

Can send pics

#100 3 years ago

If she's over 40, you don't really need to bother. Or let's say I already get the picture.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Staunton, VA
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Kent, WA
900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Murrells Inlet, SC
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

There are 144 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-your-grail-pin/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.