Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 79 posts
  • 66 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by JodyG
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

856949C7-C323-46E4-A8CE-EAE0DDEF1327.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snyper2099.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#48 4 years ago
    Quoted from Electronmagic:

Damnit, I like Shaq.

It's so much better than the impression that you get from playing it on location a few times... I don't think I really liked it until I played one at PAPA and fully understood the rules and THEN had one here for a couple hundred plays. It's hard to get to the wizard modes and house balls and one flip drains are very common on the game. I guess I love to torture myself with horrible art and punishing layouts where most middle aged men like pins with eye candy and flow. Enough of why Shaq (at #361 [WTF]) is so great... let's double down and talk GAMES OUTSIDE 300...:
    -Supersonic
    -Stern Dracula
    -Mr/Ms Pacman
    -Nugent
    -Pool Sharks
    -Big House
    -Lights Camera Action
    -Twister
    and Black Pyramid are all under 300.

It's only going to get worse. If pinball releases keep up, in 5-10 years time, most of these will be well outside of top 400. I would buy any games listed above in good condition before I buy anything in the top 100 that I don't already own. Plus, they would be about 5-10X's cheaper. I'm glad you can "customize" the list but there really needs to be separated EM, SS classic, and modern lists at this point. The great games from 1977-1989 are SWALLOWED by the breadth of new machines. Hate to be so strict to set 1990 as the cutoff but it makes a lot of sense for the tech of pinball, the popularity of pinball and the design of pinball from 1989 -1991.

It's just more reasons why the "top 100 pinball" whatever the hell list is nothing more than a high school popularity contest. It really means nothing to the experienced pinhead at this point. It has nothing to do with playing pinball. Sure, for those starting out it could be a starting point but if you just go cookie cutter top 40 only, your collection may start to look like the "top earning location" in your town.

Brings us to the bigger issue...
    I mean why the hell do people own a new stern for 6 months play the game 100 times, and sell for a loss and buy the next churned out game, then do it again and again? You could just spend $100 in quarters and play the brand new game on location. I understand places where that isn't possible OR you have social problems or you like to drink too much or whatever BUT for the most part, I don't understand why people buy a game they plan to keep forever and then realize it suks and sell it and just hope the next NIB game they buy will be the best game ever and keep going until they hit paydirt. But hell, companies selling 10K toys need to keep the doors open somehow!

15 years ago it was not like this and in some cases you were NOT playing a new game unless you bought it. Times have certainly changed but old habbits die hard with the pinball enthusiasts.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snyper2099.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-your-favorite-worst-pinball-150-or-higher?tu=snyper2099 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.