(Topic ID: 117254)

What's your favorite Woodrail(s), and why?

By presqueisle

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

A5416C1D-B37A-45A9-B4DC-78B85301D8EA (resized).jpeg
7B8B123A-386A-49A5-8E5A-1426195E2683 (resized).jpeg
-1286974107_Resized_20230607_162056_1123678_resized (resized).jpeg
20150121_101242.jpg
image-9.jpg
$_57-1.JPG
IMG_8724.JPG
IMG_8722.JPG
DSCN3402.JPG
IMG_3831.JPG
IMG_3834.JPG
ws43.jpg
jigsaw.jpg
Nags.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#39 9 years ago

I took me quite a while to pick up a decent woodrail. And I was looking! Not necessarily a space theme, but ended up with two. Williams Rocket and Gottlieb Universe. Both are great games in their own right. Makes me want more.

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from presqueisle:

Both games are 1959's. How would you compare the two makers/builds during this time?

If you open them up the build quality and components look similar but they are two very different machines that don't share many features.

The Universe is a collectors quality machine that is in unbelievable condition for it's age. It has score reels and mechanical backbox animation where the spaceship circles the earth. It also has several rollover lanes to light the special which can be achieved in the gobble hole.

The Rocket has a bit more wear and tear but is still a great player. It has lighted scoring and 7 rockets on the backglass that you light up one at a time. It also has seven kickout holes that are used to select the rocket and countdown until the 5 passive bumpers light up to fire the rocket.

Both machines also have standup targets. The Rocket seems to have more powerful flippers and bumpers but a bit clunky, the Universe is smoother and more polished.

#47 9 years ago

Universe comes with a nice shade of blue.
DSCN3402.JPGDSCN3402.JPG

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from Retropin:

Universe while having nice animation is a drain monster. Im always wary of games with animation as the novelty wears off and you are left only with game play.. add a gobble hole to contend with and Universe is a super drain monster that can only be alleviated with a modicum of luck and some serious body action nudging.

It's actually pretty fun. We like to play it!

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from presqueisle:

Wow, thanks for posting, but there has to be a better video available than that. Mr. O-din?

You mean like the time I lit up all seven rockets?

#68 9 years ago
Quoted from presqueisle:

I will slow my roll a bit, but am actively 'looking'.

I was actively looking for a couple of years before Rocket showed up. That was a lucky find, because from what I can tell they only made a few hundred.

Quoted from DirtFlipper:

more woodrails will appear eventually.

You can send me all you got!

#74 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

I don't think you've got the room.

I'll build a second level. The sky's the limit!

#76 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Ah, it feels good to see so much appreciation for the early stuff.

Yes. it does.

$_57-1.JPG$_57-1.JPG

#82 9 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

I might actually be willing to buy one for the right price. I havent seen one since then.

There was a very nice one on E-bay for the last several months and the guy was including shipping. I think it was around $1200. But it's gone now.

ebay.com link: williams tic tac toe woodrail pinball machine

#87 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

she's playing a '48 Genco Merry Widow

Seems appropriate.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-your-favorite-woodrails-and-why?tu=o-din and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.