(Topic ID: 117254)

What's your favorite Woodrail(s), and why?

By presqueisle

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

A5416C1D-B37A-45A9-B4DC-78B85301D8EA (resized).jpeg
7B8B123A-386A-49A5-8E5A-1426195E2683 (resized).jpeg
-1286974107_Resized_20230607_162056_1123678_resized (resized).jpeg
20150121_101242.jpg
image-9.jpg
$_57-1.JPG
IMG_8724.JPG
IMG_8722.JPG
DSCN3402.JPG
IMG_3831.JPG
IMG_3834.JPG
ws43.jpg
jigsaw.jpg
Nags.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dirtflipper.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 9 years ago

Nags definitely has six pop bumpers on the rotating disc, not dead bumpers. Except when they're not working.

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

As for Sittin Pretty, I do find it one of the hardest woodrails I have played and it becomes so frustrating I stop enjoying it.

I've gone through a couple Sittin' Pretty games (so far), and when rebuilt, it's a peppy game. It really helps to have the flippers working at their best (no slop in them, so don't lose power to the ball) and you can get the ball back up top, but need to thread it through the side of the pops.

Setting the posts either side of the roto target to the liberal setting (wider) helps get the number there, and the paddle/contact setting needs to be set sensitive so you can register the hit more easily. The roto unit needs a good rebuild so that it spins well too.

The hard part on Sittin' Pretty is getting the two upper side lanes to light the pop bumpers. Those are what really rack up the score.

Getting the sequences of clowns down is challenging, but not so bad. Just like on later games that used the concept (Flipper Cowboy, Cowpoke, Buckaroo, Spin Out), the key is getting the middle one (#4).

It's probably one of those things were playing one example of a title gives one impression, but playing another example of the same game creates a totally different impression. Woodrails are hard to find, and even harder to find in nice shape and playing well. A basic shop job just won't cut it on a woodrail; they need a lot more work to bring them back to playing best. The parts fatigue is amazing when you start digging into them, and yet they still want to keep running (and will, but not so great).

#65 9 years ago

Patience... more woodrails will appear eventually.

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You can send me all you got!

I don't think you've got the room.

#86 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yes. it does.

Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Wonder what the game is?!

Aha, she's playing a '48 Genco Merry Widow:
http://ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=1576

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dirtflipper.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-your-favorite-woodrails-and-why?tu=dirtflipper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.