(Topic ID: 331162)

What’s Your Favorite Twilight Zone Episode?

By wolverinetuner

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Burgess_Meredith_Twilight_Zone_1960 (resized).jpg
    4A5086B2-3261-4B1A-B4D1-C083085119A8 (resized).jpeg
    perchance (resized).jpg
    77D2B8EE-275C-4E0D-A9CF-273C2ABD3A2F (resized).jpeg
    8B1D9D1E-B2F8-4DA3-AE4B-5E5AF9ED67CD (resized).jpeg
    F6864754-D02D-4E0D-8B10-ECBDAEA13E58 (resized).jpeg
    D146FA78-1C42-40D7-86DB-351F836D55F0 (resized).jpeg
    E83044EB-D253-47C9-AFF3-164A242DAD7C (resized).jpeg
    A39E5923-9FBF-436F-9906-F427B25C1EF4 (resized).jpeg
    D3E6433D-45A1-490C-A5D2-8B4471178B60 (resized).jpeg
    The-Twilight-Zone-I-Shot-an-Arrow-into-the-Air-4-768x578 (resized).jpg
    _I Shot an Arrow into the Air_ (SS 1 Ep 015) Astronauts land on a mysterious asteroid_ (resized).jpeg
    Untitled2 (resized).jpg
    A8BD9B5D-DF93-4ABA-B37C-72FB481FC5AF (resized).jpeg
    th-2025367818 (1) (resized).jpg
    F5211A6A-6350-4321-BC91-5F9A186EC72A (resized).jpeg
    There are 206 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
    #101 1 year ago

The Howling Man

A8BD9B5D-DF93-4ABA-B37C-72FB481FC5AF (resized).jpegA8BD9B5D-DF93-4ABA-B37C-72FB481FC5AF (resized).jpeg
    #102 1 year ago

S03E08 It's a Good Life

Untitled2 (resized).jpgUntitled2 (resized).jpg

#103 1 year ago

So many great episodes of The Twilight Zone. But it has to be Walking Distance. It was such a personal episode for Rod Serling as well.

#104 1 year ago

My 6 year old niece recently pointed at my TZ and said ‘What’s that one about ? ‘
    Not easy to explain to a small kid.
    She then summed it up based on looking at the translite …. ‘Is about a little girl that is scared ‘ ….. I think she was looking at the doll in the corner .

Gotta love kids

#105 1 year ago

A World of His Own
    The After Hours
    And When The Sky Was Opened
    The Arrival
    People Are Alike All Over
    A Penny for Your Thoughts
    Where is Everybody (pilot)
    The Fever - all I can think of is “Franklin”

Honestly, these were just some of the first episodes that came to mind. I enjoy the vast majority of TZ so picking favorites is basically impossible!

A39E5923-9FBF-436F-9906-F427B25C1EF4 (resized).jpegA39E5923-9FBF-436F-9906-F427B25C1EF4 (resized).jpegD146FA78-1C42-40D7-86DB-351F836D55F0 (resized).jpegD146FA78-1C42-40D7-86DB-351F836D55F0 (resized).jpegD3E6433D-45A1-490C-A5D2-8B4471178B60 (resized).jpegD3E6433D-45A1-490C-A5D2-8B4471178B60 (resized).jpegE83044EB-D253-47C9-AFF3-164A242DAD7C (resized).jpegE83044EB-D253-47C9-AFF3-164A242DAD7C (resized).jpegF6864754-D02D-4E0D-8B10-ECBDAEA13E58 (resized).jpegF6864754-D02D-4E0D-8B10-ECBDAEA13E58 (resized).jpeg
    #106 1 year ago
    Quoted from spidey:

Shadow Play and To Serve Man (the Simpson’s Halloween episode spoof of this is hilarious)

8B1D9D1E-B2F8-4DA3-AE4B-5E5AF9ED67CD (resized).jpeg8B1D9D1E-B2F8-4DA3-AE4B-5E5AF9ED67CD (resized).jpeg77D2B8EE-275C-4E0D-A9CF-273C2ABD3A2F (resized).jpeg77D2B8EE-275C-4E0D-A9CF-273C2ABD3A2F (resized).jpeg
    #107 1 year ago

Some mentioned already:

Steel
    After Hours
    He’s Alive - great Dennis Hopper performance

#108 1 year ago

One of the things that made the show so good was the cast of actors they brought in. Since there were no “regulars,” actors could get a lead role without a huge time commitment. And I believe it looked good on your resume to be on the show. So many younger versions of actors who were known for or went on to bigger things made Twilight Zone appearances: Dennis Hopper, Robert Redford, Jack Klugman, William Shatner, John Astin, Donna Douglas, Elizabeth Montgomery…. The list goes on and on.

#109 1 year ago
    Quoted from gonzo73:

But it always drove me nuts as a kid that all the so called " astronauts " in Twilight Zone episodes were all Flighty, Panicky, Backstabbing Cowards.
    Obviously not Naval Aviators..
    None of them had the Right Stuff.[quoted image][quoted image]

That is a scario that played out time and time again in speculative fiction - both in books, tv, movies, and audio shows. I always said to myself - did they not do physiological profiles on these people?

If you do have professional and unselfish behavior, that removes any conflict or drama that can artificially be created (soap opera shit), but still - lazy writing IMO.

#110 1 year ago
    Quoted from Methos:

That is a scario that played out time and time again in speculative fiction - both in books, tv, movies, and audio shows. I always said to myself - did they not do physiological profiles on these people?
    If you do have professional and unselfish behavior, that removes any conflict or drama that can artificially be created (soap opera shit), but still - lazy writing IMO.

Maybe not as realistic, but otherwise you get guys like the crew from Rocketship X-1, and they are BORING!

#111 1 year ago

The Brain Center at Whipples. Richard Deacon of Leave it to Beaver fame.

#112 1 year ago

I love TZ. Many great episodes already listed. One that comes to mind that no one ever talks about and I liked was "The lonely". A prisoner from earth is put on a asteroid for a life sentence with no company except 2 astronauts once a year to deliver his food etc. At one point they leave him a humanoid female robot for companionship. Very sad episode.

#113 1 year ago
    Quoted from Nhpolarbear:

Richard Deacon of Leave it to Beaver fame

I know Richard Deacon is known for playing Mel Cooley on “The Dick Van Dyke Show.” Was he also in “Leave It to Beaver?”

#114 1 year ago
    Quoted from metalguy:

I love TZ. Many great episodes already listed. One that comes to mind that no one ever talks about and I liked was "The lonely". A prisoner from earth is put on a asteroid for a life sentence with no company except 2 astronauts once a year to deliver his food etc. At one point they leave him a humanoid female robot for companionship. Very sad episode.

That’s another memorable episode for me.

#115 1 year ago

Richard Deacon played Fred Rutherford, Lumpys father.

#116 1 year ago

Chris Hutchins started on my TZ today!! Been waiting awhile as he is super demand. Going to be doing

full chrome including door
    color DMD
    a few mods like piano, spiral ramp

#117 1 year ago

#118 1 year ago
    Quoted from Nhpolarbear:

Richard Deacon played Fred Rutherford, Lumpys father.

Thanks, I didn’t know that. (Maybe because I was born in the ‘60s!)

#119 1 year ago
    Quoted from metalguy:

Corey.....Corey.... co..rr...y...

#120 1 year ago
    Quoted from wolverinetuner:

That’s another memorable episode for me.

An appearance by Ted Knight, long before he was the bumbling boob Ted Baxter, on MTM.

#121 1 year ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

An appearance by Ted Knight, long before he was the bumbling boob, Ted Baxter on MTM.

You’re right! I didn’t recognize him when I saw that one.

#122 1 year ago

There’s still one of my very favorites that I don’t think anyone has mentioned. I’ll wait and see if anyone brings it up. (And no, it’s not “everybody’s dead” or “someone wakes up and everybody’s different except them.” The episodes were not “all the same.”)

#123 1 year ago

Not to be blasphemous, but the 80s Twilight Zone had some incredible episodes.

Shadow Man… a kid has something under his bed that may or may not be responsible for murders in his neighborhood

To See the Invisible Man… convicted of being cold, a man is sentenced to invisibility for a year

Button Button… press the button, get a million dollars, but someone you don’t know will die

Examination Day… in the future, each child must take a test to determine his future

Many, many more. Some clunkers, but a really good series.

#124 1 year ago

I don't believe anyone has mentioned "Twenty Two."
    Great episode if you appreciate a good nightmare or
    are fond of premonitions and this one combines both.
    To your liking or not, it contains one of the ALL-Time
    greatest single lines of any episode:
    "Room for one more honey"
    says the nurse standing in the doorway of the MORGUE!
    Chilling.

#125 1 year ago
    Quoted from rollitover:

I don't believe anyone has mentioned "Twenty Two."
    Great episode if you appreciate a good nightmare or
    are fond of premonitions and this one combines both.
    To your liking or not, it contains one of the ALL-Time
    greatest single lines of any episode:
    "Room for one more honey"
    says the nurse standing in the doorway of the MORGUE!
    Chilling.

I mentioned it earlier, but only as an example of a small number of episodes done on videotape instead of film to cut costs. I purposely didn’t elaborate on that episode so someone else could. The main character’s morgue encounter(s) were certainly chilling!

#126 1 year ago

I can’t watch the videotape ones they just look awful, and the Hour long format also doesn’t suit the show at all.

Slipped that whole season with the box set.

#127 1 year ago

Perchance to Dream

perchance (resized).jpgperchance (resized).jpg

#128 1 year ago
    Quoted from bayoubilly70:

Perchance to Dream
    [quoted image]

Ooh, the Cat Woman!

#129 1 year ago

Mr Denton on Doomsday starring Dan Duryea as a gunfighter in the old west

#130 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

Mr Denton on Doomsday starring Dan Duryea as a gunfighter in the old west

This one features Martin Landau’s first Twilight Zone appearance.

#131 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

Not to be blasphemous, but the 80s Twilight Zone had some incredible episodes.
    Shadow Man… a kid has something under his bed that may or may not be responsible for murders in his neighborhood
    To See the Invisible Man… convicted of being cold, a man is sentenced to invisibility for a year
    Button Button… press the button, get a million dollars, but someone you don’t know will die
    Examination Day… in the future, each child must take a test to determine his future
    Many, many more. Some clunkers, but a really good series.

They were some good ones from that run. There was one where a woman stopped time and at the end of the episode, she froze time and it showed a nuclear warhead about to hit the ground.

Still remember that episode.

#132 1 year ago
    Quoted from Methos:

They were some good ones from that run. There was one where a woman stopped time and at the end of the episode, she froze time and it showed a nuclear warhead about to hit the ground.

The intro alone used to scare the shit out of me. That one and Tales From the Darkside.

#133 1 year ago

This one features Martin Landau’s first Twilight Zone appearance.

and Doug McClure

#134 1 year ago
    Quoted from Methos:

That was “A Little Peace and Quiet.”

#135 1 year ago

There was the one where the Blind Lady was going to have sight but only for a few minutes,when she removed the bandages there was a total eclipse or a blackout or something

#136 1 year ago
    Quoted from Jamesays:

There was the one where the Blind Lady was going to have sight but only for a few minutes,when she removed the bandages there was a total eclipse or a blackout or something

You seem to be getting close to the one I’m waiting for someone to mention, but no cigar! (Unless you’re recalling a different episode I don’t remember.)

#137 1 year ago

I’m surprised Midnight Sun hasn’t been mentioned, a total classic.

A woman slowly cooks to death as the sun moves closer to the earth. She passes out and wakes up to find… she’s a toy, and she’s been dead the whole time!

#138 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

A woman slowly cooks to death as the sun moves closer to the earth. She passes out and wakes up to find… she’s a toy, and she’s been dead the whole time!

And everyone changed except her!

#139 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

Seriously, “Midnight Sun” is another memorable one for me.

#140 1 year ago

The Changing of the Guard

#141 1 year ago

Seriously, “Midnight Sun” is another memorable one for me.

Love midnight son.

Quoted from Mudflaps:

The intro alone used to scare the shit out of me. ...

Grateful Dead!

#142 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

Classic!!!

#143 1 year ago
    Quoted from elcolonel:

The Changing of the Guard

You and gmanrulz46 have similar taste!

#144 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

That's close to another one were they all were dying from the sun getting to close to the earth. She was hallucinating and it turned out the earth was moving away from the sun and the earth was freezing.

#145 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

The intro alone used to scare the shit out of me. That one and Tales From the Darkside.

The pilot for Tales From the Darkside was one of the best shows ever.

Sadly, nothing else from that series got close to it in terms of quality.

#146 1 year ago
    Quoted from Methos:

That's close to another one were they all were dying from the sun getting to close to the earth. She was hallucinating and it turned out the earth was moving away from the sun and the earth was freezing.

That's the same own without the joke.

#147 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:I’m surprised Midnight Sun hasn’t been mentioned, a total classic.

LOL! AND all those phone calls have been coming from her grandmother... who's been dead for years!

#148 1 year ago

I don't like any of the episodes which deal with dolls, toys, mannequins, masks, facial features, etc. Seems to be a pervasive theme for some reason.
    There's many great episodes, but I don't like many of the others.

#149 1 year ago

I’m at macys right now on the 9th floor.

Can’t help but think of the episode where the mannequin gets to go out for a month.

Another killer episode and super creepy!!!!

In the twilight zone, you just can’t trust your instincts!!

#150 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’m at macys right now on the 9th floor.
    Can’t help but think of the episode where the mannequin gets to go out for a month.
    Another killer episode and super creepy!!!!
    In the twilight zone, you just can’t trust your instincts!!

“The After Hours,” definitely a creepy one!

There are 206 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-your-favorite-twilight-zone-episode/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.