(Topic ID: 182188)

What's your favorite soda? And other pop related questions.

By Pinballlew

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F2A2FE67-A162-412F-9BF4-B1DA438FAF72 (resized).jpeg
    E6C3C58D-C800-4FE0-93FC-F12B51E533AC (resized).jpeg
    BA11EC27-F02E-4BE1-9789-3BFD1ED8987A (resized).jpeg
    9074A55D-5014-4BDC-A15A-AD7E2FEE89FE (resized).jpeg
    A8D3E7C8-09B0-4B31-973D-9E23AC68A29F (resized).png
    IMG_5150 (resized).JPG
    ATREAT-GRAPEFRUIT (resized).jpg
    IMG_4027 (resized).JPG
    product-gallery-blackberry-en (resized).png
    henrys root beer (resized).jpg
    Barqs_Root_Beer_Glass_Bottle[1] (resized).png
    IMG_5931 (resized).JPG
    61EXFuww-DL._SY450_ (resized).jpg
    tahiti (resized).jpg
    MtDew Code Red (resized).jpg
    rondo (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider heatwave.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 7 years ago

Also like the 'Mexican' Coke (sell it at Sam's Club). Love Faygo Rock n Rye but tough to find in Missouri.

Nothing better than a glass bottle of soda out of an old vending machine. Keep your eyes on Craigslist, I found my 1960 Vendo 63c unit (like the one below) for $300 about 10 years ago. Put about $50 in new parts in it and it has run non-stop on my back porch ever since. they don't make 'em like they used to!

Keep it about half-filled with beer, the rest soda. Usually keep it at about 28 degrees, only had soda bottles freeze one time and it was with a local rootbeer, not Coke.

Coke Machine (resized).jpgCoke Machine (resized).jpg

#23 7 years ago

Forgot to add that Cheerwine is excellent but also tough to find in Missouri.

#73 7 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

Growing up in the 70's in Michigan we used to go once a week to the pop shop. You grab a wooden case crate and put it on a manual conveyor and go around the store filling it with your flavors...in the tall glass bottles.

I grew up in Michigan as well. We would get Faygo at the grocery store or party store. The place that we went to like the one you mentioned was called Towne Club.

town club (resized).jpgtown club (resized).jpg

We would go there about once every 2-weeks and the four kids in our house could each pick 6 bottles! The warehouse we went to was out by Cass & Elizabeth lakes.

#129 7 years ago
    Quoted from BrewersArcade:

Funny someone mentioned Faygo.

See if your friend can find Faygo "Rock & Rye" - kind of like a Cherry soda or Dr Pepper + Cream Soda.

faygo_rock_n_rye_soda_-_12_pack (resized).jpgfaygo_rock_n_rye_soda_-_12_pack (resized).jpg

By far my favorite Faygo flavor! The 'Redpop' you have is another one of their classic varieties.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider heatwave.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-your-favorite-soda-and-other-pop-related-questions?tu=heatwave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.