(Topic ID: 182188)

What's your favorite soda? And other pop related questions.

By Pinballlew

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F2A2FE67-A162-412F-9BF4-B1DA438FAF72 (resized).jpeg
    E6C3C58D-C800-4FE0-93FC-F12B51E533AC (resized).jpeg
    BA11EC27-F02E-4BE1-9789-3BFD1ED8987A (resized).jpeg
    9074A55D-5014-4BDC-A15A-AD7E2FEE89FE (resized).jpeg
    A8D3E7C8-09B0-4B31-973D-9E23AC68A29F (resized).png
    IMG_5150 (resized).JPG
    ATREAT-GRAPEFRUIT (resized).jpg
    IMG_4027 (resized).JPG
    product-gallery-blackberry-en (resized).png
    henrys root beer (resized).jpg
    Barqs_Root_Beer_Glass_Bottle[1] (resized).png
    IMG_5931 (resized).JPG
    61EXFuww-DL._SY450_ (resized).jpg
    tahiti (resized).jpg
    MtDew Code Red (resized).jpg
    rondo (resized).jpg

There are 275 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
    #1 7 years ago

Sometimes I love to grab a soda when I go to play a game of Pinball when drinking a beer isn't an option. Curious to what everyone likes to drink soda wise while playing pinball or just anytime? Currently I am fond of Pepsi made with real sugar in glass bottles. Love to stick them in the freezer until some ice crystals start to form...refreshing! Funny that I switched from Coke especially since I used to collect everything Coke growing up.

#2 7 years ago

Go to is Orange Crush and/or Dr. Pepper. Also if I can find it, Green River.

Have an old Pepsi Vendo glass bottle machine. 7 Selections. Takes dimes (keep the bucket of dimes on top, something about putting the dime in, way better than having it rigged for free)

Usually keep it stocked with 7 different glass bottle selections based on whatever I can find at the store for around $1/bottle max.

IBC products fit in it but they are not quite as fun as having a glass bottle coke, pepsi, dr. pepper, orange, green river, etc... usually always keep a root beer of some kind in there too. Most times I can find Dad's in glass bottles in my area.

#3 7 years ago

Never heard of green river..will have to check that out. Are your Pinball's set for free play or do you quarter them up also? I would like to get a soda machine someday...especially if I could have it set on very cold when the soda has those ice crystals.

#4 7 years ago

Mexican Coke is so much better than regular Coke!

#5 7 years ago

Mine is room temperature Coca-Cola from a can or glass bottle poured over 3 clear ice cubes.

#6 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cornelius:

Maybe someone will be kind enough to throw some over the wall.

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

Maybe someone will be kind enough to throw some over the wall.

I... don't know what you're getting at. I think I do, but I'm not sure.

#8 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cornelius:

Sold at our local Costco. Made with real sugar is the difference.

#9 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

Any soda that Sprecher makes, it's all real cane sugar.

Their Puma Kola is also the best mixer for whisky/bourbon and cola...ever.

#10 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

Indeed! HFCS makes my teeth hurt.

#11 7 years ago

For me it's a Dew, I never leave home with out my Mtn. Dew pop machine. But I'm not addicted to it or anything.

John

mtn. dew in truck #3 (resized).jpgmtn. dew in truck #3 (resized).jpg

#12 7 years ago

IMG_1962 (resized).PNGIMG_1962 (resized).PNG

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

But I'm not addicted to it or anything.

You could be. In the US, Mountain Dew has the higher level of caffeine than Coke or Pepsi.

#14 7 years ago

I'm a big fan of the Boylans soda line. I like them all, but favorites are grape, black cherry and original birch beer.

Canadian Heinz ketchup is way better than the US recipe.

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Any soda that Sprecher makes, it's all real cane sugar.
    Their Puma Kola is also the best mixer for whisky/bourbon and cola...ever.

I will have to look for Sprecher sodas around here.

#16 7 years ago

I'm a big cream soda fan. I like trying all kinds of different brands. I like Virgil's and Sprecher the best!

#17 7 years ago

Has anyone tried Pepsi 1893 yet? How about Pepsi perfect...anyone like that?

IMG_0276 (resized).JPGIMG_0276 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0277 (resized).JPGIMG_0277 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0278 (resized).JPGIMG_0278 (resized).JPG

#18 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

Has anyone tried Pepsi 1893 yet? How about Pepsi perfect...anyone like that?

Haven't tried those but I did spend over $100 on a vintage bottle of crystal pepsi a few years back (well before they brought it back). Yes, I drank it. I also have a vintage bottle of Orbitz but I don't plan on drinking that one

#19 7 years ago

Orbitz I miss, I liked those. Yeah I tried a Pepsi clear recently...wasn't impressed lol. I don't want to throw a $100 for a Pepsi Perfect...maybe they will bring it back too!

#20 7 years ago

index (resized).jpgindex (resized).jpg

#21 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cornelius:

Canadian Coca-Cola is even better. All Canadian pop tastes sweeter to me. I was told that their pop is made with Cuban cane sugar.

#22 7 years ago

Also like the 'Mexican' Coke (sell it at Sam's Club). Love Faygo Rock n Rye but tough to find in Missouri.

Nothing better than a glass bottle of soda out of an old vending machine. Keep your eyes on Craigslist, I found my 1960 Vendo 63c unit (like the one below) for $300 about 10 years ago. Put about $50 in new parts in it and it has run non-stop on my back porch ever since. they don't make 'em like they used to!

Keep it about half-filled with beer, the rest soda. Usually keep it at about 28 degrees, only had soda bottles freeze one time and it was with a local rootbeer, not Coke.

Coke Machine (resized).jpgCoke Machine (resized).jpg

#23 7 years ago

Forgot to add that Cheerwine is excellent but also tough to find in Missouri.

#24 7 years ago
    Quoted from heatwave:

Also like the 'Mexican' Coke (sell it at Sam's Club). Love Faygo Rock n Rye but tough to find in Missouri.
    Nothing better than a glass bottle of soda out of an old vending machine. Keep your eyes on Craigslist, I found my 1960 Vendo 63c unit (like the one below) for $300 about 10 years ago. Put about $50 in new parts in it and it has run non-stop on my back porch ever since. they don't make 'em like they used to!
    Keep it about half-filled with beer, the rest soda. Usually keep it at about 28 degrees, only had soda bottles freeze one time and it was with a local rootbeer, not Coke.

Nice machine!

#25 7 years ago

Here is my Ideal Slider 55 (1950's) and the type of real sugar sodas that currently fill it (Pepsi, Dr. Pepper, Root Beer, Orange Crush and O-So Grape, Nehi Grape).

Gord

DSCN3563 (resized).JPGDSCN3563 (resized).JPG
    P1000448 (resized).JPGP1000448 (resized).JPG

#26 7 years ago

Dew, Dew Shine, Mexican Coke, Red Rock cola...All in glass bottles.

#27 7 years ago

Pepsi has a new line of craft soda out called Stubborn Soda. I really like it, but I may be biased since I work for the company haha

#28 7 years ago

Sun Drop is my favorite. A habit I'd like to break though. This is best image I have handy of my old Sun Drop machine. I rarely run it as I am always afraid of the power consumption but it can never leave. It was in my dad's motorcycle/snowmobile dealership as a kid. It took me a few years to track it down.

Gameroom0117B (resized).jpgGameroom0117B (resized).jpg

#29 7 years ago

we call it pop around these parts

but yes I love soda.

out of the ones they don't make anymore I loved pepsi blue.

#30 7 years ago

Coke in the morning in a glass with ice. Love it much better than coffee. If I'm in a situation that I can't drink beer, I'll drink diet coke. Looks like I'll be drinking that at pinfest since you can't buy a beer there.

#31 7 years ago

Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper FTW! Have to hit the grocery right as they stock, cuz they only put like 4 cases out per shipment, and I takes them all like Smeagle after the Precious.

#32 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

Never heard of green river..will have to check that out. Are your Pinball's set for free play or do you quarter them up also? I would like to get a soda machine someday...especially if I could have it set on very cold when the soda has those ice crystals.

Pins and Arcades on freeplay. The pop machine and a gumball machine on coin. Someday I'd like to put the machines on to tokens, I had that set up that way years ago when I lived a my parents house and had more room and machines. We had an old 80's arcade ROWE token machine. Was great, hit the button, get a mess of tokens, all the machines took the same. It was a lot of fun that way.

#33 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

Green River might be regional only to the Chicago area. One of those that's been around forever but not super well known. Every store around here carries tons it around St. Patrick's day.

http://www.greenriversoda.com/chicago/

#34 7 years ago

Vernors
    94491fd444adc834bff5463abb6c78e5 (resized).jpg94491fd444adc834bff5463abb6c78e5 (resized).jpg
    it was really great when they used stevia instead of corn syrup.

#35 7 years ago
    Quoted from heatwave:

Love Faygo Rock n Rye but tough to find in Missouri.

Faygo! I didn't know they still made that. Growing up in the 70's in Michigan we used to go once a week to the pop shop. You grab a wooden case crate and put it on a manual conveyor and go around the store filling it with your flavors...in the tall glass bottles. I tried to get as many "red pops" as possible since I'm convinced they had the most sugar.

#36 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cornelius:

I love Mexican Coke too! But I rarely have it as they keep nabbing my delivery boys as they cross the border.... (kidding,kidding...)

#37 7 years ago

In all seriousness, I'm addicted to Mountain Dew Code Red. Love this stuff!!!

1199-mtn-dew-code-red (resized).png1199-mtn-dew-code-red (resized).png

#38 7 years ago
    Quoted from SNES:

Pepsi has a new line of craft soda out called Stubborn Soda. I really like it, but I may be biased since I work for the company haha

Nice, question since you work there, why does Pepsi not let us by their bag in box syrups locally like we can with coke at both Sam's and Restaurant Depot? So frustrating for those of us with home soda machines. Someone once told me to take cash to try and buy it from one of their drivers when they deliver.

#39 7 years ago

I love any soda that goes with liquors. Especially a little coke with crystal or Crown. I try and not eat sugar thru out the day so I can enjoy a few sweet cocktails at night

chv-large (resized).jpgchv-large (resized).jpg

#40 7 years ago

When I was a kid there was this Cream Soda. It was clear, not pink!
    Think that a 12oz bottle of Coke was 15 cents. The Coke would almost burn going down, and if you drank it to fast, it would come back up, hopefully not back through your nose. Good Times indeed.

#41 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cornelius:

I agree and just picked up a couple cases from Costco. High fructose corn syrup is poisoning America.

I used to love this stuff too, but I don't think they make it anymore.

8329518 (resized).jpg8329518 (resized).jpg

#42 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

High fructose corn syrup is poisoning America

on this, we agree

#43 7 years ago

Mcdonalds fountain coke.
    R.i.p. mandarin orange slice and dr. Slice.

#44 7 years ago

Screenshot_2017-02-24-18-47-30-1 (resized).pngScreenshot_2017-02-24-18-47-30-1 (resized).png

#45 7 years ago

I love my soda. Yes I live in Ohio but was raised in the east coast where it is called soda and that has stuck with me.

Have a fountain in my home that has Classic Coke as well as Pennsylvania Dutch Birch Beer. Always got this at the Jersey Shore during summers. Now I buy the bag in a box and have it in my place at all times

G

#46 7 years ago
    Quoted from JimB:

Nice, question since you work there, why does Pepsi not let us by their bag in box syrups locally like we can with coke at both Sam's and Restaurant Depot? So frustrating for those of us with home soda machines. Someone once told me to take cash to try and buy it from one of their drivers when they deliver.

Yeah, that's how the company went to market when breaking into the distributor world. That may change in the future, but as of now it's only available direct or through a few major distributors for delivery only. You can't even get one off a driver with cash anymore as we went to a cashless system a couple of years ago. Your best bet would probably be to go to a restaurant or something that has Pepsi bag in the box and buy it off of them for your home system.

#47 7 years ago

Anyone else remember this? I remember drinking it in early 90s. Made you burp a lot and tasted just like the gum. Didn't last long in stores up here.

dos-latas-de-hubba-bubba-soda-13654-MLA3185603937_092012-F (resized).jpgdos-latas-de-hubba-bubba-soda-13654-MLA3185603937_092012-F (resized).jpg

#48 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mvfvette1:

I'm a big fan of the Boylans soda line. I like them all, but favorites are grape, black cherry and original birch beer.
    Canadian Heinz ketchup is way better than the US recipe.

I prefer the Heinz organic ketchup now...since it is HFCS free.

#49 7 years ago
    Quoted from BillySastard:

Canadian Coca-Cola is even better. All Canadian pop tastes sweeter to me. I was told that their pop is made with Cuban cane sugar.

I think a lot of sweet things are better from canada...

A co worker once brought me in a bunch of candy etc he got from a friend who worked for Nestle in Canada. Definitely different in a good way!! Same candies without the HFCS crap etc!

#50 7 years ago
    Quoted from timtim:

we call it pop around these parts
    but yes I love soda.
    out of the ones they don't make anymore I loved pepsi blue.

Quoted from GPS:

I love my soda. Yes I live in Ohio but was raised in the east coast where it is called soda and that has stuck with me.
    Have a fountain in my home that has Classic Coke as well as Pennsylvania Dutch Birch Beer. Always got this at the Jersey Shore during summers. Now I buy the bag in a box and have it in my place at all times
    G

I purposely used both soda and pop in the title of the thread. Born in raised in California I never heard the term pop until a friend of mine moved out to Cali from Detroit. I always thought pop was a east coast thing.

There are 275 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-your-favorite-soda-and-other-pop-related-questions?hl=pinhead2112 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.