(Topic ID: 182188)

What's your favorite soda? And other pop related questions.

By Pinballlew

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F2A2FE67-A162-412F-9BF4-B1DA438FAF72 (resized).jpeg
    E6C3C58D-C800-4FE0-93FC-F12B51E533AC (resized).jpeg
    BA11EC27-F02E-4BE1-9789-3BFD1ED8987A (resized).jpeg
    9074A55D-5014-4BDC-A15A-AD7E2FEE89FE (resized).jpeg
    A8D3E7C8-09B0-4B31-973D-9E23AC68A29F (resized).png
    IMG_5150 (resized).JPG
    ATREAT-GRAPEFRUIT (resized).jpg
    IMG_4027 (resized).JPG
    product-gallery-blackberry-en (resized).png
    henrys root beer (resized).jpg
    Barqs_Root_Beer_Glass_Bottle[1] (resized).png
    IMG_5931 (resized).JPG
    61EXFuww-DL._SY450_ (resized).jpg
    tahiti (resized).jpg
    MtDew Code Red (resized).jpg
    rondo (resized).jpg
    There are 275 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
    #251 6 years ago

Not a huge soda drinker...but I can't resist having an ice cold root beer or cream soda in the fridge.

#252 6 years ago

My local ACE Hardware just put out a large selection. Fun trying some of these.

IMG_4027 (resized).JPGIMG_4027 (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
    #253 6 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

Further search brings up:

Must be why I haven't seen it in a couple years... I'm going to check specialty beverage stores around town... how bad can Red40 be? I can probably withstand a couple of cans a year...

Almost certainly. From the quick look around I did, the supposed problem is that it may be contaminated with something that's carcinogenic, except it's a little unclear how common that contamination actually is. The one thing I read couldn't find any evidence that it happens at all, yet it's the stated reason in other things for not liking red 40.

#254 6 years ago
    Quoted from Duvall:

My local ACE Hardware just put out a large selection. Fun trying some of these.

Dud you hit the big time; Rock & Rye!!!

1 year later
    #255 5 years ago

I’ll dig this out of the graveyard just to say that I’m switching my favorite from crush orange to Mountain Dew code red...still on the hunt for the best root beer in the country. So far I have to give it to 1919.

#256 5 years ago

RC Cola and Coke Zero are my favorites, but I have to share this, because it's a local company and this flavor is close to being my favorite...

ATREAT-GRAPEFRUIT (resized).jpgATREAT-GRAPEFRUIT (resized).jpg
    #257 5 years ago

have you tried Barqs rootbeer in the diamond glass bottle?

#258 5 years ago

Never had it - not a huge fan of Barq’s out of the can or plastic bottle though

#259 5 years ago
    Quoted from Barkz:

Never had it - not a huge fan of Barq’s out of the can or plastic bottle though

Well; with a handle like @Barkz.... you don't like Barqs?
    Say-it-an't so.

If I get a case of the good stuff from Mississippi; I'll have to figure out a way to send you.
    And Barqs in a bottle needs to be near 32F for best results.

#260 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinDoctor82:

but I have to share this, because it's a local company and this flavor is close to being my favorite...

Is A-Treat grapefruit soda similar to Squirt?

#261 5 years ago

Have never tried this, but have heard that Dr. Pepper can be heated up and consumed hot. Like tea or coffee.

#262 5 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

Have never tried this, but have heard that Dr. Pepper can be heated up and consumed hot. Like tea or coffee.

I feel like you need to do this for science...

#263 5 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

Well; with a handle like Barkz.... you don't like Barqs?
    Say-it-an't so.
    If I get a case of the good stuff from Mississippi; I'll have to figure out a way to send you.
    And Barqs in a bottle needs to be near 32F for best results.

Haha the handle is a play on my last name, I feel like I should like Barq’s just because of the similarity in names though. Do you like Barq’s more than 1919? (Normal non special bottle version)

#264 5 years ago

1919? We got you by 2 years. Here's one our regional's. It's like extra cherry, cherry coke.

To me it's kind of like cherry 7up though, good at first but after a few I get burnt out quick.

IMG_5150 (resized).JPGIMG_5150 (resized).JPG
    #265 5 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

Back in the mid 80's, I worked with a guy who didn't like coffee. He would bring a thermas of hot Dr. Pepper to work on a regular basis.

#266 5 years ago
    Quoted from KrustyBurger:

I was expecting it to be sponsored by Mr. T

After a job well done, they drive the van out to get some regreshing A-Treat!

#267 5 years ago
    Quoted from Travish:

1919? We got you by 2 years. Here's one our regional's. It's like extra cherry, cherry coke.
    To me it's kind of like cherry 7up though, good at first but after a few I get burnt out quick.[quoted image]

This sounds delicious! I need to get out to NC.

#268 5 years ago
    Quoted from KrustyBurger:

No, it's a unique thing...difficult to explain, but delicious, and I don't even like grapefruit!

#269 5 years ago
    Quoted from Barkz:

Haha the handle is a play on my last name, I feel like I should like Barq’s just because of the similarity in names though. Do you like Barq’s more than 1919? (Normal non special bottle version)

Honestly never tried 1919. I don't think they sell it here in Texas.
    Rootbeer is kinda stale at this point. Barqs, A&W and maybe a handful of others which are just too mainstream. I tend to stay away from rootbeer as it's usually way too sweet. I don't like Barqs out of a fountain or in a can. Has to be in the bottle or not worth it.

We'll have to trade bottles when I actually drive back to Mississippi from Texas. I don't do this often and AFAIK; SamsClub on the MS gulf coast is the only place to get in the bottles.

LittleRay's seafood in Gulfport only serves Barqs in an ICE cold bottle. I still remember washing down a CheeseBurger Po'Boy with that Ice Cold Barqs for dinner over the xmas holiday. Yumm.

10 months later
    #270 4 years ago

Anyone in the Chicagoland area suggest places to buy glass bottle pop?

It’s getting harder and harder to stock my Pepsi machine. Mariano’s used to be pretty good but have cut their selection way down and I don’t like just loading it up with IBC and Izzy.

A8D3E7C8-09B0-4B31-973D-9E23AC68A29F (resized).pngA8D3E7C8-09B0-4B31-973D-9E23AC68A29F (resized).png
    #271 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDoctor82:

RC Cola and Coke Zero are my favorites, but I have to share this, because it's a local company and this flavor is close to being my favorite...
    [quoted image]

It's a good mixer with gin!!

#272 4 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

It's a good mixer with gin!!

Canada Dry Bitter Lemon and gin! Best summer drink.
    CDBL can be hard to find. Only in 1L bottles when you can get it.

#273 4 years ago

Well I'm a diet few drinker and I didn't like Dew Zero at all, tasted very energy drinkish to me.

#274 4 years ago

Really enjoy this one from Japan.. Fanta White Peach (Rare Edition) .. ‘This is a hard-to-come-by Fanta flavor that has a much different taste than regular peach that is sometimes available. A taste exclusive to Japan! The soda has a cloudy white color and a very pleasant peach aroma and flavor.’

9074A55D-5014-4BDC-A15A-AD7E2FEE89FE (resized).jpeg9074A55D-5014-4BDC-A15A-AD7E2FEE89FE (resized).jpegF2A2FE67-A162-412F-9BF4-B1DA438FAF72 (resized).jpegF2A2FE67-A162-412F-9BF4-B1DA438FAF72 (resized).jpegE6C3C58D-C800-4FE0-93FC-F12B51E533AC (resized).jpegE6C3C58D-C800-4FE0-93FC-F12B51E533AC (resized).jpegBA11EC27-F02E-4BE1-9789-3BFD1ED8987A (resized).jpegBA11EC27-F02E-4BE1-9789-3BFD1ED8987A (resized).jpeg
    #275 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Well I'm a diet few drinker.

I drink very few diet beverages as well.
    I much prefer Mountain Dew throwback (with real sugar).

There are 275 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-your-favorite-soda-and-other-pop-related-questions/page/6?hl=gravity and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.