(Topic ID: 182188)

What's your favorite soda? And other pop related questions.

By Pinballlew

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F2A2FE67-A162-412F-9BF4-B1DA438FAF72 (resized).jpeg
    E6C3C58D-C800-4FE0-93FC-F12B51E533AC (resized).jpeg
    BA11EC27-F02E-4BE1-9789-3BFD1ED8987A (resized).jpeg
    9074A55D-5014-4BDC-A15A-AD7E2FEE89FE (resized).jpeg
    A8D3E7C8-09B0-4B31-973D-9E23AC68A29F (resized).png
    IMG_5150 (resized).JPG
    ATREAT-GRAPEFRUIT (resized).jpg
    IMG_4027 (resized).JPG
    product-gallery-blackberry-en (resized).png
    henrys root beer (resized).jpg
    Barqs_Root_Beer_Glass_Bottle[1] (resized).png
    IMG_5931 (resized).JPG
    61EXFuww-DL._SY450_ (resized).jpg
    tahiti (resized).jpg
    MtDew Code Red (resized).jpg
    rondo (resized).jpg
    There are 275 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
    #201 6 years ago

Ever since Yogi appeared on TV for this, I will occasionally treat myself!

(Advertising at work...age 5!)

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#202 6 years ago

Any comments on this:

Milk and Ginger Ale?? Heard this the other day on the radio.

#203 6 years ago

As a few others have mentioned, A&W Root Beer.
    Preferably from the tap at the Original A&W in Lodi, CA.

#204 6 years ago
    Quoted from JerryB:

As a few others have mentioned, A&W Root Beer.
    Preferably from the tap at the Original A&W in Lodi, CA.

Our local A&W also has Root Beer from the tap. It is great!

#205 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I live right between the two. Fullerton's is easier to get in and out of but Placentia's is the original with slightly better food, but gets very crowded and can have long wait times. Stay away from the one on East street as it's not really related.
    If you go to the one in Fullerton on Harbor, you can walk down a block after you eat to Lost Levels where they have several pinball machines and vintage arcade games

That's convenient. I've been wanting to visit Levels Lost since I found out about it recently but I haven't had time to go there yet.
    Maybe this weekend though.

#206 6 years ago

Anybody tried some of the newer Pepsi products? Pepsi Fire and Dew S. A.

Pepsi Fire was trash but I'm not big on cinnamon candy.

Dew S. A. was OK but after awhile all of those Dew flavors kind of lose their uniqueness. Of the secondary Dews I still think Code Red is the best followed by Live Wire. Occasionally I'll get a Game Fuel

#207 6 years ago

Cheerwine recently became available in 12 pack cans in my area. I've never seen them sold that way so i stocked up. I talked to the Pepsi distributor who stocks our Publix and he said the were on trial and they went away for a few weeks but came back. I saw him again and he said they were selling well and they decided to bring them back. Hope it continues. Best soda ever.

#208 6 years ago

Ski. I wish it was more widely available.

#209 6 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

Coke with cane sugar,I don't use high fructose corn syrup Products in any fashion.

Not even in your Kool-Aid? The "high" in High Fructose Corn Syrup is not due to the amount of fructose being excessive, it's because plain corn syrup is mostly glucose, which doesn't taste as sweet as fructose, and in HFCS a lot of the glucose has been converted to fructose. HFCS is usually 55% fructose, but regular sucrose (cane or beet sugar) is still 50% fructose. And fructose is sweeter, so fewer sugar calories are required to provide the same sweetness using HFCS. Excessive sugar in any form is bad.

Honey, being natural, is better, right? Not so fast, it's 50% fructose as well. And forget Agave syrup! (70-90%!)

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/high-fructose-corn-syrup/

I like fountain Coke. McDonald's is scrupulous about getting the mix right. Ice is required to make it right, the initial melt is factored in and it's too strong with no ice.

#210 6 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Not even in your Kool-Aid? The "high" in High Fructose Corn Syrup is not due to the amount of fructose being excessive, it's because plain corn syrup is mostly glucose, which doesn't taste as sweet as fructose, and in HFCS a lot of the glucose has been converted to fructose. HFCS is usually 55% fructose, but regular sucrose (cane or beet sugar) is still 50% fructose. And fructose is sweeter, so fewer sugar calories are required to provide the same sweetness using HFCS. Excessive sugar in any form is bad.
    Honey, being natural, is better, right? Not so fast, it's 50% fructose as well. And forget Agave syrup! (70-90%!)
    https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/high-fructose-corn-syrup/
    I like fountain Coke. McDonald's is scrupulous about getting the mix right. Ice is required to make it right, the initial melt is factored in and it's too strong with no ice.

I'll tell you what I hate from Coke, Those refrigerator sized touchscreen fountains that take forever for people to use because of all the steps to get the drink you want. Plus they seem to run out of ice quickly and the drinks don't taste as good. So much for using Hewlett Packard ink jet technology for beverages.

1 week later
    #211 6 years ago

A trip to Bev-Mo yielded these today:
    IMG_0812 (resized).JPGIMG_0812 (resized).JPG

#212 6 years ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

A trip to Bev-Mo yielded these today:

Whoa Moxie! I thought that was only an East Coast pop.

#213 6 years ago

You ain't from Chicago unless you love pinball and Green River!

#214 6 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

Whoa Moxie! I thought that was only an East Coast pop.

I think it is just as Route 66 is mostly in the mid-west, but Bev-Mo has a selection of different regional sodas and craft beers.
    I'd heard of Moxie but had never tried it until yesterday. To me it was like across of Dr. Pepper, Hires Root Beer, Coke and licorice. Something different to say the least.

#215 6 years ago

Rondo - the thirst quencher. Lightly carbonated so you can slam it down fast.
    (actually phrasing from the commercials of the time - late '70s and early 80s)

rondo (resized).jpgrondo (resized).jpg

#216 6 years ago

refrigerator sized touchscreen fountains

And if the person prior to you chooses vanilla or cherry, etc flavors,
    the single dispenser taints your pour.

#217 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

And if the person prior to you chooses vanilla or cherry, etc flavors,
    the single dispenser taints your pour.

Even more "Fun" if the touch screen is off calibration, and you have to poke around and hope you get the selection you want.

#218 6 years ago

Even more "Fun" if the touch screen is off calibration, and you have to poke around and hope you get the selection you want.

Or my fave, the ones that go back to main menu a touch to quick or are adjusted too foamy...so you lose your selection you poked around to while waiting for it to fizz down a little to be able to top off.

#219 6 years ago

The only reason I do summers in the concession stand at the Salem Speedway is I can drink all the Code Red I want... and get paid for it!

MtDew Code Red (resized).jpgMtDew Code Red (resized).jpg

#220 6 years ago

I'd heard of Moxie but had never tried it until yesterday. To me it was like across of Dr. Pepper, Hires Root Beer, Coke and licorice. Something different to say the least.

You had me until licorice!

#221 6 years ago
    Quoted from CactusJack:

You had me until licorice!

It's not bad, but It's not something I'd go out of the way to get.

#222 6 years ago

Oh, this reminds me of a rare treat I would pick up on trips to Canada: Tahiti Treat. I haven't seen it for a while or where I used to get it, so I wondered if it had disappeared.

I'm not going to try to describe it, as I think you really need to try it. When I drink this stuff, I almost feel as though I've been transported to the South Pacific!

tahiti (resized).jpgtahiti (resized).jpg

Here's an interesting article that came up when I tried to find out if it's still made:

https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/jmk4g3/the-cult-of-tahiti-treat-drakes-much-loved-but-impossible-to-find-soft-drink

#223 6 years ago

Further search brings up:

Please note it does contain Red40 which is banned in Canada

Must be why I haven't seen it in a couple years... I'm going to check specialty beverage stores around town... how bad can Red40 be? I can probably withstand a couple of cans a year...

#224 6 years ago

Really like this but really hard to find in Ca.

61EXFuww-DL._SY450_ (resized).jpg61EXFuww-DL._SY450_ (resized).jpg

#225 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mark66:

I just saw this in our local Target . I will have to pick some up.

#226 6 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

Must be why I haven't seen it in a couple years...

Funny we were just talking aboot Tahitian in the EM backglass thread. Drink is still around here.

Quoted from Mark66:

They make Mellow Yellow Zero for the sugarless crowd now and it's good stuff.

#227 6 years ago

I have never heard of zero Mello Yello. Ill keep an eye out for that!!

#228 6 years ago

"...they call it mellow yellow...."

Edit: or was it they call him mellow yellow...or me mellow yellow

#229 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Funny we were just talking aboot Tahitian in the EM backglass thread. Drink is still around here.

Funny, I just checked, you really were! Glad to hear it's still available, will be keeping my eye out...

#230 6 years ago
    Quoted from VDrums2112:

The only reason I do summers in the concession stand at the Salem Speedway is I can drink all the Code Red I want... and get paid for it!

That is NOT Mountain Dew!!! There is only one...all the "others" are sad imposters trying to cash in on the name.

#231 6 years ago

Still refreshing after the long hiatus...

IMG_5931 (resized).JPGIMG_5931 (resized).JPG
    Grape, Blueberry and a few others have been added since I took this pic in 2015.

#232 6 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

Still refreshing after the long hiatus...

Grape, Blueberry and a few others have been added since I took this pic in 2015.

So funny i always try to tell people what it was like in the 80s when so much room in the cooler was New York Seltzer.
    I was a vanilla cream man myself.

#233 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pimp77:

That is NOT Mountain Dew!!! There is only one...all the "others" are sad imposters trying to cash in on the name.

LOL Whatever it is then - I drink the shit out of that stuff!

#234 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

Sometimes I love to grab a soda when I go to play a game of Pinball when drinking a beer isn't an option.

Original Barq's root beer in the diamond glass bottle.
    Barq's - The only way to drink it!Barq's - The only way to drink it!
    I think it's only bottled in South Mississippi and sold in the Sams Club there.

#235 6 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

I don't know about you, but I'm just wild about Saffron.

#236 6 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Me. (Quite rightly)

#237 6 years ago

Mello Yello is Coca-Cola's imitation of Pepsi's Mountain Dew. I'll drink Mello Yellow on occasion (like at a restaurant that only carries Coke fountain products) but it's not nearly as good as Mountain Dew throwback (with real sugar).

#238 6 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

Mello Yello is Coca-Cola's imitation of Pepsi's Mountain Dew. I'll drink Mello Yellow on occasion (like at a restaurant that only carries Coke fountain products) but it's not nearly as good as Mountain Dew throwback (with real sugar).

Not even close to Mtn Dew. Throwback Mtn Dew is almost better than beer!

#239 6 years ago

Mellow Yellow's taste is very diff'rent than Mt Dew. it def has more bite and more citrus flavor to it...whch is probably why the floss an orange on the label. I like it, and it's good change of pace, but I couldn't drink a ton of it.

I can't start a morning/afternoon/mid day without my diet dew

#240 6 years ago

Mexican Coke is my go to. Or in a pinch, regular Coke or Sunkist Orange. If it's a Freestyle Coke machine, then Orange Coke. It's delicious!

#241 6 years ago

I bought a six pack of Henry Weinhard's Root Beer recently.
    A staple here in the PNW.
    Pretty delicious, with a creamy finish.
    Supposedly
    Made with real vanilla extract accented with honey, spices and sassafras extract
    to give the familiar root beer flavor finishing with traces of wintergreen.

Their real beer ain't bad either.

henrys root beer (resized).jpghenrys root beer (resized).jpg

#242 6 years ago

I've turned into a seltzer freak

#245 6 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

Don't rain on our parades man!

I know...talk about a buzzkill. Next thing you'll tell me alcohol is bad for us!

#246 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pimp77:

Next thing you'll tell me alcohol is bad for us!

Not so. Recent studies have found alcohol to be good for the heart and the brain:

Moderate alcohol use can increase your HDL ("good") cholesterol, reduce inflammation, and reduce risk of blood clots. Benefits stated as exclusive to red wine may be a myth: Consuming moderate amounts of other alcoholic drinks appears to have the same heart-healthy perks. Aug 30, 2016

Studies have shown that moderate alcohol consumption has positive health benefits for the body and brain. A large Harvard study in 14,000 middle-aged women found that women who drank between ½ an ounce and 1 ounce of alcohol per day were more likely to remain free of chronic illness and memory loss as they aged.

#247 6 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

A large Harvard study in 14,000 middle-aged women found that women who drank between ½ an ounce and 1 ounce of alcohol per day were more likely to remain free of chronic illness and memory loss as they aged.

Lightweights

#248 6 years ago

I'm into Blackberry Canada Dry lately. Very refreshing.

product-gallery-blackberry-en (resized).pngproduct-gallery-blackberry-en (resized).png

#249 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pimp77:

I know...talk about a buzzkill. Next thing you'll tell me alcohol is bad for us!

I swear I could give up alcohol easier than soda. Both will kill me eventually anyway...

#250 6 years ago
    Quoted from dos_reboot:

Blackberry Canada Dry lately.

Ohhh.... where do I get that stuff?
    Wonder if it's available here in Tex-ass?

There are 275 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-your-favorite-soda-and-other-pop-related-questions/page/5?hl=jerryb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.