(Topic ID: 182188)

What's your favorite soda? And other pop related questions.

By Pinballlew

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F2A2FE67-A162-412F-9BF4-B1DA438FAF72 (resized).jpeg
    E6C3C58D-C800-4FE0-93FC-F12B51E533AC (resized).jpeg
    BA11EC27-F02E-4BE1-9789-3BFD1ED8987A (resized).jpeg
    9074A55D-5014-4BDC-A15A-AD7E2FEE89FE (resized).jpeg
    A8D3E7C8-09B0-4B31-973D-9E23AC68A29F (resized).png
    IMG_5150 (resized).JPG
    ATREAT-GRAPEFRUIT (resized).jpg
    IMG_4027 (resized).JPG
    product-gallery-blackberry-en (resized).png
    henrys root beer (resized).jpg
    Barqs_Root_Beer_Glass_Bottle[1] (resized).png
    IMG_5931 (resized).JPG
    61EXFuww-DL._SY450_ (resized).jpg
    tahiti (resized).jpg
    MtDew Code Red (resized).jpg
    rondo (resized).jpg
    There are 275 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
    #151 7 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Anybody have any "gotta have this soda with this food" feelings??

Chipotle and Izze Grapefruit Soda. I don't know why, but I did that once or twice and now I have a permanent association.

Favorite soda I'd have to say Coke w/real sugar. That can be in Mexican form, Jamaican form, or Passover Form (look for 2-liter bottles with yellow top during that time of year). It used to be nice to occasionally mix with Minute Maid Orange Soda, but alas Coke pulled a fast one and replaced it with sub-par Fanta orange... the New Coke of Orange Sodas. I've been waiting for Coke to follow Pepsi's footsteps and put a real sugar version of its cola out in the states but they won't budge. I've also been waiting for a Lime Coke, but they only think people who like artificial sweetners like Lime. That's what, 3 strikes for Coca Cola's product people? They have issues at that company.

Second, Natural Brew Root Beer is the best I've had. It has a great clean flavor. Virgil's Root Beer is also very good, you can detect all kinds of awesome flavors in there, also a great Root Beer.

Honorable Mention goes to some form of Ginger Beer... Reed's Extra, Jamaican, Trader Joe's, they are all awesome.

#152 7 years ago

Not really soda but when I was a kid this was made locally and I love it. They went out of business for 25 years plus but was resurrected a few years ago and I still love it! Made right here in Indianapolis!

IMG_1706 (resized).JPGIMG_1706 (resized).JPG

#153 7 years ago
    Quoted from CactusJack:

Wish it was easily available.

It might just be- I've found that places like Bevmo & Total Wine often have small sections with harder-to-find sodas. Looks like the Lake Forest Bevmo has over 20 bottles in stock =)

I enjoy trying out various sodas, and some brands I've really enjoyed are Thomas Kemper's (particularly their black cherry), Nesbitt's (strawberry, honey lemonade, etc) and O-So (butterscotch root beer, etc). Luckily I have some decent spots near me that carry a good variety.

Also- if anyone doesn't live near a place that carries hard-to-find sodas, one of LA's long-standing stores Galco's ships across the US, and you can buy a single bottle of each flavor if you wanted. The place is awesome and carries mostly every variety still being bottled. Their website is at sodapopstop.com

Screen Shot 2017-03-22 at 12.34.28 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-03-22 at 12.34.28 AM (resized).png

#154 7 years ago

You have to have a good cup for your coke. I love these freezer cups. Stays cold for hours and no ice to water it down. I haven't used a "regular" cup at home in years.

IMG_2722 (resized).JPGIMG_2722 (resized).JPG

#155 7 years ago

When I was a kid my parents would take us to family gatherings in Milwaukee at Thanksgiving and Christmas. They used to have some local brand of Chocolate Cream Soda that tasted terrific! We only had regular cream soda or Swiss creme soda in Illinois. Then I saw that Canfield's made Diet Chocolate Fudge soda, but it tasted terrible (being a diet beverage didn't help it) and was nothing like real Chocolate Cream Soda. I'm still hoping to find real Chocolate Cream Soda again some day.
    Chocolate Cream Soda (resized).jpgChocolate Cream Soda (resized).jpgDiet Chocolate Fudge (resized).pngDiet Chocolate Fudge (resized).png

#156 7 years ago

I don't always drink empty calories, but when I do I prefer beer.

#157 7 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I think we have a winner. Found this at my local liquor store. 7% alcohol. Tried the lime. Love that smell. Brings me back to 88 as a 10 year old hanging out at the pop shoppe and playing arcades all day.

Probably not actually too bad, but what ever happen to the (kinda nasty) 2 liter classic grape and grain?

images-3 (resized).jpgimages-3 (resized).jpg

#158 7 years ago
    Quoted from Traveler76:

It might just be- I've found that places like Bevmo & Total Wine often have small sections with harder-to-find sodas. Looks like the Lake Forest Bevmo has over 20 bottles in stock =)
    I enjoy trying out various sodas, and some brands I've really enjoyed are Thomas Kemper's (particularly their black cherry), Nesbitt's (strawberry, honey lemonade, etc) and O-So (butterscotch root beer, etc). Luckily I have some decent spots near me that carry a good variety.
    Also- if anyone doesn't live near a place that carries hard-to-find sodas, one of LA's long-standing stores Galco's ships across the US, and you can buy a single bottle of each flavor if you wanted. The place is awesome and carries mostly every variety still being bottled. Their website is at sodapopstop.com

Thanks!

I got to buy a Bubble Up at the Arcade Expo in Banning this last weekend. Like many things (other than pinball), it was not as good as I remember it. I almost prefer Slice over it.

#159 7 years ago
    Quoted from CactusJack:

Thanks!
    I got to buy a Bubble Up at the Arcade Expo in Banning this last weekend. Like many things (other than pinball), it was not as good as I remember it. I almost prefer Slice over it.

Does Slice still exist?

#160 7 years ago

Pepsi Clear

#161 7 years ago
    Quoted from PAPPYBALL:

Does Slice still exist?

No, you are right. It was replaced with Sierra mist. I just knew it wasn't Sprite by Coca-Cola. Ironic I can't stand Pepsi but prefer their lemon lime product.

#162 7 years ago
    Quoted from CactusJack:

No, you are right. It was replaced with Sierra mist. I just knew it wasn't Sprite by Coca-Cola. Ironic I can't stand Pepsi but prefer their lemon lime product.

I certainty remember Slice. Just wondered if it had totally gone away or was one of those things where it's gone for us (Midwest) but still around in other regions like by you (CA)

#163 7 years ago

Goddamn Slice was good...then mandarin orange hit the seen.

#164 7 years ago

everytime we go out to eat my wife orders Slice, in the hopes she will get lucky and get a glassful.

#165 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

everytime we go out to eat my wife orders Slice, in the hopes she will get lucky and get a glassful.

Can't be as bad as ordering a Diet Coke and being served Diet Pepsi!

#166 7 years ago

Crush orange bottle
    Crush grape bottle
    Black cherry super chill
    Virgils Creme Soda (best thing ever)

Side note looking for the best root beer of all time if anyone has advice.

#167 7 years ago

I don't know how I missed this thread for so long.

Favorite pop hands down.

IMG_0466 (resized).PNGIMG_0466 (resized).PNG

Apparently one of my Dad's buddies would dip my pacifier in Big Red when I was a baby. I've literally been drinking it before I could walk. I actually prefer Big Red ice cream floats over root beer floats.

Dad was reminiscing the other day about Tiger Red red cream soda. He said it tasted like bubble gum.

The reason I like Big Red over other red cream sodas is the bite. Very few if any have it. Barq's, the only other RCS around here, is too smooth for me.

#168 7 years ago
    Quoted from Barkz:

Crush orange bottle
    Crush grape bottle
    Black cherry super chill
    Virgils Creme Soda (best thing ever)

The best root beer is buying it in a gallon jug at A&W! Out of the tap!

#169 7 years ago

A couple of years ago I visited the Boston/New England area and tried this pop.

IMG_0467 (resized).JPGIMG_0467 (resized).JPG

It was...unique. Reminded me of black licorice. Not one I would drink often but I would have it once in a awhile if I had the opportunity.

#170 7 years ago

I liked Razcal back when I could get it. That was a neat soda, but sadly didn't make it in the market.

BrZvWdtCIAAaVOe (resized).jpgBrZvWdtCIAAaVOe (resized).jpg

#171 7 years ago

Coke with cane sugar,I don't use high fructose corn syrup Products in any fashion.

#172 7 years ago
    Quoted from Barkz:

Crush orange bottle

I agree with you, a nice cold Orange Crush from a bottle is AWESOME!

As to Root Beers, there are actually a couple sites devoted to this. One site I use is this:
    http://rootbeerbarrel.com/

I'm on their mailing list and he (Anthony) sends out a new review every week. He has rated over 500 root beers! His written grammar and punctuation is terrible (he doesn't capitalize even his own name), but he gives well thought out thorough reviews (and even gets humor in there). My favorite is Frosty, but it's a little hard to find. I think you can buy it through Walmart online (not in store).

Joe (joemagiera at Ameritech dot net)
    [email protected]

#173 7 years ago

Best ever was Red Bull Soda! R.I.P...

#174 7 years ago

I don't drink alcohol much but I do enjoy a good Soda. I like Coke with ice, I cant drink it without ice. My go to Soda other than Coke is Boylan's Black Cherry.

Boylan Black Cherry.jpgBoylan Black Cherry.jpg

1 month later
    #175 6 years ago

Well I have found quite a few of these drinks that have been posted. Some are real good, some were not for me. Amazing how many different choices out there.

#176 6 years ago

one of my favorites is Jones Green Apple

its better than their thanksgiving lineup

1 month later
    #177 6 years ago

Grapefruit soda from A-Treat, goes good with gin.

#178 6 years ago

Actually just recently I've been refreshed by a small, warm diet 7up at night.

#179 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Actually just recently I've been refreshed by a small, warm diet 7up at night.

Warm?

#180 6 years ago

Yup...right out the bar in the basement. Needed something to drink one night and thought I'd have it neat and it's damn good. Much warmer and has more burn. I had a friend years ago that would only drink warm coke; wonder if it's more popular than we know?

#181 6 years ago

Man I miss soda. I used to have Diet Pepsi all the time, but my wife won't let me drink it anymore.. won't even let me have it in the house once that study came out about dementia. Oh well.. water I guess to make her happy

#182 6 years ago

Sprecher makes some good sodas , their ginger ale is my favorite.

#183 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Yup...right out the bar in the basement. Needed something to drink one night and thought I'd have it neat and it's damn good. Much warmer and has more burn. I had a friend years ago that would only drink warm coke; wonder if it's more popular than we know?

Who would have thought that...ok I will give it a go.

#184 6 years ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Man I miss soda. I used to have Diet Pepsi all the time, but my wife won't let me drink it anymore.. won't even let me have it in the house once that study came out about dementia. Oh well.. water I guess to make her happy

Just drink it and tell her you forgot. Say the Dementia already kicked in. Just joking, man I didn't see this study, was it just diet sodas?

#185 6 years ago

When I was a kid in the 60s we would go to restaurants and I would always order Cherry Phosphate. Deliciously sweet and tangy!

#186 6 years ago

I honestly try to patronize local/US business as much as I can, but I have to confess I've been geeking out on this as of late:

(Not sure what the "special ingredient" is but sure is delicious.)

jarritos_02 (resized).jpgjarritos_02 (resized).jpg

#187 6 years ago

LaCroix

#188 6 years ago

U can't get it in Canada anymore but I always loved RC Cola

#189 6 years ago
    Quoted from Duvall:

I honestly try to patronize local/US business as much as I can, but I have to confess I've been geeking out on this as of late:
    (Not sure what the "special ingredient" is but sure is delicious.)

I like Jarritos also, all flavors. They seem to be extra carbonated compared to most domestic products.

#190 6 years ago

IMG_0643 (resized).JPGIMG_0643 (resized).JPGAnyone here ever try these? (Adrian TX)

... and for you Dr.Pepper fans:
    DDR35vAUAAEJCde (resized).jpgDDR35vAUAAEJCde (resized).jpg
    (from Bootleg Stuff on twitter)

#191 6 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

U can't get it in Canada anymore but I always loved RC Cola

They have real RC cola on tap at El Farolito's, one of our favorite Mexican restaurants around here.

#192 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

They have real RC cola on tap at El Farolito's, one of our favorite Mexican restaurants around here.

I remember some years back Arby's had RC brand sodas on tap. Now they have Pepsi.

(BTW how is El Farito? Always looking for a good Mexican restaurant.)

#193 6 years ago

Apparently, quite a few places around here serve RC cola now. Kinda like the old days when you could go to an A+W and get some of that root beer fresh out of the tap.

https://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=rc+cola&find_loc=Orange+County%2C+CA

#194 6 years ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

(BTW how is El Farito? Always looking for a good Mexican restaurant.)

Excellent! And relatively cheap. The one in Placentia is the best. Downtown Fullerton's is not bad. But don't just take my word for it. Yelp is our friend.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/el-farolito-placentia

#195 6 years ago

It seemed like lone wolf Hot Dog / Burger or Pizza places always had RC on tap. Other fast food chains were always Coke or Pepsi.

#196 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Excellent! And relatively cheap. The one in Placentia is the best. Downtown Fullerton's is not bad. But don't just take my word for it. Yelp is our friend.
    https://www.yelp.com/biz/el-farolito-placentia

I'll have to try it out. But Fullerton is a lot closer for me (oddly enough, about as close as the nearest Arby's to me).

#197 6 years ago

I live right between the two. Fullerton's is easier to get in and out of but Placentia's is the original with slightly better food, but gets very crowded and can have long wait times. Stay away from the one on East street as it's not really related.

If you go to the one in Fullerton on Harbor, you can walk down a block after you eat to Lost Levels where they have several pinball machines and vintage arcade games

#198 6 years ago

Royal Crown Cola is the number 3 cola in North America. Usually in found in bars and independent restaurants.

In some foreign countries it is number 2 in sales. Ahead of Pepsi.

#199 6 years ago

il_570xN.593985924_df7r (resized).jpgil_570xN.593985924_df7r (resized).jpg

#200 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

Has anyone tried Pepsi 1893 yet?

I have a subscription on Amazon for a case every month. Absolutely the best tasting cola out there today. Drink it ice cold out of the fridge, no ice.

There are 275 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-your-favorite-soda-and-other-pop-related-questions/page/4?hl=duvall and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.