(Topic ID: 182188)

What's your favorite soda? And other pop related questions.

By Pinballlew

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F2A2FE67-A162-412F-9BF4-B1DA438FAF72 (resized).jpeg
    E6C3C58D-C800-4FE0-93FC-F12B51E533AC (resized).jpeg
    BA11EC27-F02E-4BE1-9789-3BFD1ED8987A (resized).jpeg
    9074A55D-5014-4BDC-A15A-AD7E2FEE89FE (resized).jpeg
    A8D3E7C8-09B0-4B31-973D-9E23AC68A29F (resized).png
    IMG_5150 (resized).JPG
    ATREAT-GRAPEFRUIT (resized).jpg
    IMG_4027 (resized).JPG
    product-gallery-blackberry-en (resized).png
    henrys root beer (resized).jpg
    Barqs_Root_Beer_Glass_Bottle[1] (resized).png
    IMG_5931 (resized).JPG
    61EXFuww-DL._SY450_ (resized).jpg
    tahiti (resized).jpg
    MtDew Code Red (resized).jpg
    rondo (resized).jpg
    There are 275 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
    #51 7 years ago
    Quoted from PAPPYBALL:

Green River might be regional only to the Chicago area. One of those that's been around forever but not super well known. Every store around here carries tons it around St. Patrick's day.
    http://www.greenriversoda.com/chicago/

There is an ice cream/custard shop that always has Green River Floats on the menu in the summer...always got to get at least once.

#52 7 years ago

That and Surge. Now, the only things I drink are Diet Coke and Diet Dr. Pepper....preferrably a 50/50 mix with rum.

#53 7 years ago

Mountain Dew Baja Blast.

Also I stocked up on Ecto Cooler (not really a soda) and Crystal Pepsi while it was in stock (to collect...not so much to drink...kinda gross). I also have two Pepsi Perfect bottles!

IMG_2769 (resized).JPGIMG_2769 (resized).JPG

IMG_2770 (resized).JPGIMG_2770 (resized).JPG

#54 7 years ago
    Quoted from BrewersArcade:

Mountain Dew Baja Blast.
    Also I stocked up on Ecto Cooler (not really a soda) and Crystal Pepsi while it was in stock (to collect...not so much to drink...kinda gross). I also have two Pepsi Perfect bottles!

Is that a case of ecto boxes?!! That's bad ass. My friend gave me a few boxes loose from what he bought, but didn't see the case.

Saved a couple coolers and a Crystal too. Lol

#55 7 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

That and Surge. Now, the only things I drink are Diet Coke and Diet Dr. Pepper....preferrably a 50/50 mix with rum.

Still have couple suge 2 liter bottles (I drank them empty thoigh, sadly).

I had cut up a bunch of the boxes for decor because I thought the logo looked cool...think I still have the cut ups somewhere too. Lol

#56 7 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Is that a case of ecto boxes?!! That's bad ass. My friend gave me a few boxes loose from what he bought, but didn't see the case.
    Saved a couple coolers and a Crystal too. Lol

Coca Cola sent me a limited edition Ecto Cooler promo box to promote on my YouTube channel. It's awesome! I'm also kind of a hoarder of Ecto Cooler but you gotta have some if you are gonna own a GB!

IMG_3721 (resized).JPGIMG_3721 (resized).JPG

IMG_3722 (resized).JPGIMG_3722 (resized).JPG

IMG_3723 (resized).JPGIMG_3723 (resized).JPG

IMG_3726 (resized).JPGIMG_3726 (resized).JPG

#57 7 years ago

Thats really cool!

#58 7 years ago

Wish it was easily available.

BUBBLEUP-070110_1 (resized).jpgBUBBLEUP-070110_1 (resized).jpg

#59 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

I purposely used both soda and pop in the title of the thread. Born in raised in California I never heard the term pop until a friend of mine moved out to Cali from Detroit. I always thought pop was a east coast thing.

And my cousins from Boston always called it tonic. Not sure if they still say that.

And now my vote.

D37FB41A-D699-4AF5-BD13-10D3C16CEE99-192-00000019A55B8D42_tmp (resized).pngD37FB41A-D699-4AF5-BD13-10D3C16CEE99-192-00000019A55B8D42_tmp (resized).png

#60 7 years ago

Duplicate

#61 7 years ago

I've been drinking the last of my Pepsi Black w/ lemon I had stashed away. If you haven't had it, it is basically Pepsi w/ very little sugar in it (not very sweet, like normal Pepsi) and a hint of lemon. I love it!

IMG_1111 (resized).JPGIMG_1111 (resized).JPG

#62 7 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

And my cousins from Boston always called it tonic. Not sure if they still say that.
    And now my vote.

That's what we always called it as kids. Don't hear it much anymore though. It's soda now, although one of my friends still calls it tonic.

#63 7 years ago

Ok never heard it called tonic...learned something today.

#64 7 years ago
    Quoted from KrustyBurger:

In all seriousness, I'm addicted to Mountain Dew Code Red. Love this stuff!!!

That's NOT Mountain Dew! Mountain Dew is citrus deliciousness. My personal favorite. Code Red, Baja Blast, Pitch Black, Livewire, etc, etc are all NOT Mountain Dew. They don't start with Mountain Dew as a base and add cherry flavoring like a Cherry Coke. None of those imposters have Mountain Dew as a base! They are all their own drinks!

Pet peeve rant over.

#65 7 years ago

il_fullxfull.762485050_9ap7 (resized).jpgil_fullxfull.762485050_9ap7 (resized).jpg

#66 7 years ago

th (resized).jpgth (resized).jpg

#67 7 years ago

208185_scene7 (resized).jpg208185_scene7 (resized).jpg

#68 7 years ago
    Quoted from heatwave:

Love Faygo Rock n Rye but tough to find in Missouri.

I have an 8 selection pop machine in my shop for my customers and employees. It's 50 cents a can and filled completely with FAYGO! I get cases of Faygo up here from Woodman's for $5 each.

#69 7 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

And now my vote.

RC in a bottle, made with pure cane sugar, tastes NOTHING like regular RC in a can/plastic bottle.

#70 7 years ago

some cheap shit i remember drinking growing up in ohio.
    shasta-12ozHeader (resized).jpgshasta-12ozHeader (resized).jpg
    big-k-root-beer-soda-pop-aluminum-can-12-oz-cincinnati-ohio-3297-6daccd6a19292ee7ba7519749bda365f (resized).jpgbig-k-root-beer-soda-pop-aluminum-can-12-oz-cincinnati-ohio-3297-6daccd6a19292ee7ba7519749bda365f (resized).jpg

#71 7 years ago

Odin,

When we had a soda machine in the arcade, Tiki Punch out sold all the common brands.

I buy Cactus Cooler anytime I find it in a vending machine.

Of course as a kid, we got Springfield brand soda pop. I think it was a Safeway thing...

#72 7 years ago

Anyone else tried Coke Blak? It was a coffee/coke thing. I don't like sugared sodas really, so when it came out and I was working at Chick-Fil-A, I'd make "diet coke blak" using 50/50 dark roast coffee and diet coke, LOL.

#73 7 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

Growing up in the 70's in Michigan we used to go once a week to the pop shop. You grab a wooden case crate and put it on a manual conveyor and go around the store filling it with your flavors...in the tall glass bottles.

I grew up in Michigan as well. We would get Faygo at the grocery store or party store. The place that we went to like the one you mentioned was called Towne Club.

town club (resized).jpgtown club (resized).jpg

We would go there about once every 2-weeks and the four kids in our house could each pick 6 bottles! The warehouse we went to was out by Cass & Elizabeth lakes.

#74 7 years ago

There is nothing like an ice cold A&W Root Beer.

#75 7 years ago

I think I have a coke problem.
    All my dishes and cups are coke too

IMG_20170225_124207387 (resized).jpgIMG_20170225_124207387 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170225_124243754 (resized).jpgIMG_20170225_124243754 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170225_124256136 (resized).jpgIMG_20170225_124256136 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170225_124304723 (resized).jpgIMG_20170225_124304723 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170225_124316350 (resized).jpgIMG_20170225_124316350 (resized).jpg

#76 7 years ago

This stuff is like crack to me:

Untitled (resized).jpgUntitled (resized).jpg

#77 7 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

There is an ice cream/custard shop that always has Green River Floats on the menu in the summer...always got to get at least once.

In Rockford?

#78 7 years ago
    Quoted from CactusJack:

Wish it was easily available.

This is hit or miss at the Mariano's around here.

#79 7 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

And now my vote.

Love RC in bottles. Another hit or miss by us in our local grocery chain.

#80 7 years ago

I know I'm showing my age, but in the 70's, my dad would drive to a gas station in town where we would buy a case of Pop Shoppe sodas.

$_35 (resized).JPG$_35 (resized).JPG
    1_PopShoppe72 (resized).jpg1_PopShoppe72 (resized).jpg

#81 7 years ago

Another soda I drank as a kid was Double Cola....my dad liked it because it was always on sale.

fullsizeoutput_ac (resized).jpegfullsizeoutput_ac (resized).jpeg

#82 7 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

I know I'm showing my age, but in the 70's, my dad would drive to a gas station in town where we would buy a case of Pop Shoppe sodas.

I loved the Pop Shoppe as a kid. Mix and match flavors. Ours had a little arcade with 6 or 7 arcades in it.

#83 7 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

The Pop Shoppe in my town was in a liquor store, which seems odd now but back then I really didn't think anything of it.

#84 7 years ago

Ok, well not Rockford. More like 25 min south of me in DeKalb / Sycamore area (was from closer that way)...

They call it a Green Cow if I remember correctly

http://olliessycamore.com/

#85 7 years ago

Nothing like the real thing....

maxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpg

#86 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Nothing like the real thing....

That's a secret!!!

Cool pic

#87 7 years ago

A&w rootbeer and cream soda. Also Dr Pepper and Mexican coke

#88 7 years ago

Anybody remember these Mr. Pibb cans that had all the flat sides?? I loved those! Wish I still had a can.

images-1 (resized).jpgimages-1 (resized).jpg

#89 7 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Ok, well not Rockford. More like 25 min south of me in DeKalb / Sycamore area (was from closer that way)...
    They call it a Green Cow if I remember correctly
    http://olliessycamore.com/

Nice! Have some family in Sycamore but have not been in years. Love anywhere that has Green River on tap so much better!

#90 7 years ago

Not sure if u guys in the states get passiona but it's great on a hot summers day , especially when super ice cold..

IMG_0683 (resized).PNGIMG_0683 (resized).PNG

#91 7 years ago

I don't drink coffee so I have diet mountain dew sometimes in the morning for some caffeine.

Does anyone else have a certain drink/snack you typically only get on a roadtrip? It's sunkist for me. I really like it.

Cheerwine and Sun Drop are great as well.

#92 7 years ago

When i was working overseas in Tanzania and Mozambique
    they had a ginger ale soda that i grew fond of,
    it had a little kick.
    STONEY Tangawizi
    (a coca cola product)

stoney tangawizi (resized).jpgstoney tangawizi (resized).jpg

#93 7 years ago

Dr. Pepper, 7up or RC only with real sugar. As far as the Coke/Pepsi argument, Royal Crown spanks both brands.

IMG_3710 (resized).PNGIMG_3710 (resized).PNG

#94 7 years ago

I use to like this as a young kid..pick a pop was cool too w all the different choices..

IMG_1563 (resized).pngIMG_1563 (resized).png

#95 7 years ago

Favorite: Pepsi with real sugar (formerly Throwback that had the much better can design).

Surprised no one has mentioned Blenheim Ginger Ale from North Carolina. It burns your throat like nothing I've experienced. Leaves you choking and gasping for breath and muttering obscenities. Then you think, "I'd like another sip."

imgres (resized).jpgimgres (resized).jpg

#96 7 years ago

Diet anything is god awful. It's full sugar or nothing (yes, cane or even beet sugar). HFCS is gross too, but more tolerable than diet.

#97 7 years ago

My preference is soda in glass bottles. It always tastes better than out of cans or bottles.

Usually I head for IBC or Sterwart's Cream Soda, Dr Pepper, or Sierra Mist / Sprite. Root beer on occasion too.

I used to like Pepsi Twist (lemon Pepsi), but they stopped making it probably around 10 years ago and switched to lime.

Despite the list, I really don't drink soda a whole lot.

#98 7 years ago

When you have to have your Faygo

#99 7 years ago
    Quoted from Onevox:

Blenheim Ginger Ale from North Carolina. It burns your throat like nothing I've experienced. Leaves you choking and gasping for breath and muttering obscenities. Then you think, "I'd like another sip."

That sounds a lot like
    what Stoney Tangawizi is like

#100 7 years ago

Bump O-din!! Nothing beats the Real Thing! CocaCola,forever!!

There are 275 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-your-favorite-soda-and-other-pop-related-questions/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.