(Topic ID: 257175)

What’s your favorite scene of a movie or TV show?

By rai

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F702C813-3B49-4A57-9C32-5AA558D6465F.gif
58D9A8C3-CFC1-4EAE-BDD5-01B5EF283C39.gif
60BAB7C6-5514-4C65-BC72-44E2362C9FD6.gif
c4f17879094617f094107f3a83838d3e.gif
source.gif
movie4 (resized).jpg
movie3 (resized).jpg
movie2 (resized).jpg
movie1 (resized).jpg
FlippantTinyBarracuda-max-1mb.gif
CalculatingComplicatedCommabutterfly-size_restricted.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rando.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#29 4 years ago

This is going to sound odd, cause I'm a 50 year old dude, but go with me here...

Disney's Tangled.

Movie is about Rapunzel, the girl taken when she was a baby and raised to help extend the life of this old witch due to her magical hair, yadda yadda. Eventually she figures out that she is the missing princess and heads back to the castle. This is the scene that stands out to me, father of two daughters. The parents, the king and queen, are alone in a room, and a guard bursts in, no words are spoken, the guard looks at them and just nods, and instantly, they know what's up. Now they're busy, have lots of responsibilities, there are scoundrels about, it's a kingdom, they're probably interrupted with something important every 60 minutes or so.

But in this scene, you know that despite all that, they've been waiting for the past 16 years or so, and hoping beyond hope that at some point someone would barge in with news about their missing daughter, and in a split second all of their waiting might be over, again, without having to be told.

Gets me every time.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rando.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-your-favorite-scene-of-a-movie-or-tv-show?tu=Rando and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.