(Topic ID: 257175)

What’s your favorite scene of a movie or TV show?

By rai

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F702C813-3B49-4A57-9C32-5AA558D6465F.gif
58D9A8C3-CFC1-4EAE-BDD5-01B5EF283C39.gif
60BAB7C6-5514-4C65-BC72-44E2362C9FD6.gif
c4f17879094617f094107f3a83838d3e.gif
source.gif
movie4 (resized).jpg
movie3 (resized).jpg
movie2 (resized).jpg
movie1 (resized).jpg
FlippantTinyBarracuda-max-1mb.gif
CalculatingComplicatedCommabutterfly-size_restricted.gif
There are 89 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

So much of what we love about a movie or TV show is the whole package: dialogue, characters, story, scenery etc. can you dig into a movie or TV show and come up with your favorite scene?

I’m going to start with my favorite movie which is Pulp Fiction and how there are so many scenes I’d love to pick, the dance, the OD, the Samurai, the bad mother fucker, Marvin in the car, Mr Wolf. Almost like this is the hardest movie to pick one scene. But I’m going to pick this one Ezekiel 25:17 because it happens near the very beginning and it is so over the top and sets up so many other great shocking scenes.

#2 4 years ago

Really tough question.

I'm torn between three ... for me its visuals and effect. There are many "shocking" movie scenes that are great but they don't trip the same emotion for me in terms of a favorite.

1. When Yoda explains the force to Luke after he fails to levitate the X-Wing and then does it himself. Pretty convincing for a rubber puppet.
2. Flying wing fight scene in Raiders
3. When the Predator slowly takes off all of his gear and then reveals himself... with that angry roar, arms out... come and get me! I think its probably the best monster reveal of any movie.

I could pick any one of these and I'd be ok.

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Really tough question.
I'm torn between three ... for me its visuals and effect. There are many "shocking" movie scenes that are great but they don't trip the same emotion for me in terms of a favorite.
1. When Yoda explains the force to Luke after he fails to levitate the X-Wing and then does it himself. Pretty convincing for a rubber puppet.
2. Flying wing fight scene in Raiders
3. When the Predator slowly takes off all of his gear and then reveals himself... with that angry roar, arms out... come and get me! I think its probably the best monster reveal of any movie.
I could pick any one of these and I'd be ok.

Alien dinner/chestburster scene.

Almost any scene in Blade Runner.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Alien dinner/chestburster scene.
Almost any scene in Blade Runner.

Alien chestburster is the pinnacle of the best shocking moment of any motion picture IMHO.

Blade Runner is a visual stunner... especially when you consider its age. The opening scene with Leon is SPECTACULAR!

#6 4 years ago

I’m not asking for your top scene ever but only your top scene in each movie or TV show.

For example for me the best scene in TWD probably because it was all down hill from here.

#7 4 years ago

This might be a minor scene but it does so well to frame the whole movie.

#8 4 years ago

If possible place a YouTube link of the scene.

#9 4 years ago

This has to be on my list as the movie would have been forgotten if not for this scene.

#11 4 years ago

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

When the Predator slowly takes off all of his gear and then reveals himself... with that angry roar, arms out... come and get me! I think its probably the best monster reveal of any movie.

You one ugly mother f@$%er.

#14 4 years ago

Easy...
CalculatingComplicatedCommabutterfly-size_restricted.gifCalculatingComplicatedCommabutterfly-size_restricted.gif

FlippantTinyBarracuda-max-1mb.gifFlippantTinyBarracuda-max-1mb.gif
#16 4 years ago

Alien 3 is hit or miss for many, but I love the scene towards the end when the prisoners decide to fight back.

#17 4 years ago

Watch "Mike Tyson Mysteries Edward Kunt" on YouTube

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

This has to be on my list as the movie would have been forgotten if not for this scene.

Awww I was going to post the Glengarry closer scene but you beat me to it! Mamet.

Alec Baldwin appears ONLY in that one scene, and he won an Oscar for it.

#19 4 years ago

Do you feel lucky punk? Anything dirty harry

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Awww I was going to post the Glengarry closer scene but you beat me to it! Mamet.
Alec Baldwin appears ONLY in that one scene, and he won an Oscar for it.

I immediately thought of this scene when I read the title of this topic!

#22 4 years ago

LTG : )

#23 4 years ago

#24 4 years ago

Shut it off! Please, you gotta listen to me. Shut it off!! Stop it! STOP IT!!!

#25 4 years ago

First couple that came to mind!

movie1 (resized).jpgmovie1 (resized).jpgmovie2 (resized).jpgmovie2 (resized).jpgmovie3 (resized).jpgmovie3 (resized).jpgmovie4 (resized).jpgmovie4 (resized).jpg
#27 4 years ago

It, Out.

#28 4 years ago
source.gifsource.gif
#29 4 years ago

This is going to sound odd, cause I'm a 50 year old dude, but go with me here...

Disney's Tangled.

Movie is about Rapunzel, the girl taken when she was a baby and raised to help extend the life of this old witch due to her magical hair, yadda yadda. Eventually she figures out that she is the missing princess and heads back to the castle. This is the scene that stands out to me, father of two daughters. The parents, the king and queen, are alone in a room, and a guard bursts in, no words are spoken, the guard looks at them and just nods, and instantly, they know what's up. Now they're busy, have lots of responsibilities, there are scoundrels about, it's a kingdom, they're probably interrupted with something important every 60 minutes or so.

But in this scene, you know that despite all that, they've been waiting for the past 16 years or so, and hoping beyond hope that at some point someone would barge in with news about their missing daughter, and in a split second all of their waiting might be over, again, without having to be told.

Gets me every time.

#30 4 years ago

The "Bridesmaids" food poisoning scene.

#31 4 years ago

The single scene that fueled my passion before I finally got a DeLorean in 2003:

That being said, watching Batman kill the Joker in this alternate universe has a certain taste of moral victory:

And just to make sure everyone knows, today, Ghostbusters 2016 took it right on the chin:

#32 4 years ago

#33 4 years ago

"Legend" dance / seduction scene. With the USA Tangerine Dream score, of course.

#34 4 years ago

That’s Ben Gardner’s Boat.

#35 4 years ago

Two of my very favorite television show episodes are two sides of the same coin:

Just Shoot Me where Maya throws a murder mystery game party for her coworkers. When her neighbor complains to her about the noise, she yells at him and he has a heart attack and dies. Everyone else attending the party thinks he's the game's pretend corpse.

3rd Rock from the Sun where Dick gets invited to a murder mystery party and doesn't know it's only a party. Dick thinks the victim has actually been killed by one of the party guests and tries to track down the killer himself, accusing various guests along the way.

#36 4 years ago

The final scene of star wars rogue one...Vader cutting down a squad of rebellion troops like a boss...

c4f17879094617f094107f3a83838d3e.gifc4f17879094617f094107f3a83838d3e.gif
#38 4 years ago

Less than 10 seconds.

Product Placement in the early 80s.

#39 4 years ago
60BAB7C6-5514-4C65-BC72-44E2362C9FD6.gif60BAB7C6-5514-4C65-BC72-44E2362C9FD6.gif
#40 4 years ago

Well it sure isn't the destruction scene in Tommy!

#41 4 years ago

#42 4 years ago

Are you kidding? There's only one.

John

#43 4 years ago

Kinda thinking the end of Planet of the Apes too.. thank you Rod Serling

#44 4 years ago

This scene made me spit out my popcorn the first time I saw it

#46 4 years ago

#47 4 years ago

John Goodman in The Gambler, the F you scene, so funny (and intense) on different levels, and as usual, he is totally believable. warning, rough language, but worth it imho.

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinwalk:

John Goodman in The Gambler, the F you scene, so funny (and intense) on different levels, and as usual, he is totally believable. warning, rough language, but worth it inho.

#49 4 years ago

So many to post...but I'll do three for now

Robocop - Bitches leave

Christine has a lot of great scenes but could only find "get your mitts off me mother f***er"

Sudden Impact - Nobody puts ketchup on a hot dog

#50 4 years ago

Jaws opening scene still very intense. Saw it when I was a bit too young... stuck with me for life. Still gets me.

There are 89 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-your-favorite-scene-of-a-movie-or-tv-show and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.