(Topic ID: 126946)

What's your favorite 'pop bumper' or 'match' sequence animation?

By scp

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by tp
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

For both, I have a soft spot for IJ. Indy punching a German, plus the Ark warehouse? Great.

#2 4 years ago

I kinda like the pistons on Metallica

#3 4 years ago

Transformers gear-grinding pop bumper animation is cool. One of the few compliments I will pay that game.

#4 4 years ago

Match sequence on harley davidson...hot chick getting a tramp stamp
pop bumper animation...sopranos "give me the f@%king money!!"

#5 4 years ago

When you say 'pop bumper' do you mean the knock?

#6 4 years ago

I have never heard that term "pop bumper" for match.

#7 4 years ago

Pop bumper OR match.

#9 4 years ago
#10 4 years ago

For match sequence I really like Breakshot. Especially if you DO match

Sopranos is good for the pop bumper animation with the shakedown.

Chris

#11 4 years ago

Another vote for IJ. Now that I think of it, the breaking glass in WOZ is a great touch.

#13 4 years ago

I never owned a Rocky & Bullwinkle but I always thought the match animation was perfectly suited to the machine. At the end of the Aesop and Son cartoons on the show, the father would be using a hammer and chisel to sculpt out the words "The End" when the son comes along with a pneumatic Jack hammer and blows it right out. On the pin the son jack hammers out the match number.

#14 4 years ago

I always liked the Monster Bash 'DIG' sequence for the pop bumpers.

#15 4 years ago

Straying a bit . I really dig the Attack from Mars Extra Ball animation . Were the martian gets hit in the head with the pinball . They almost show it in this promo video. They show the martian's head but cut to another shot just before he gets nailed with the pinball to the head.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

For match sequence I really like Breakshot. Especially if you DO match
Sopranos is good for the pop bumper animation with the shakedown.
Chris

I agree with Chris, the moose for the match sequence on Breakshot never gets old!

#17 4 years ago

Mine is the match sequence on Corvette. It is perfectly integrated into the theme.... a guy mumbling while checking the VIN number to see if it matches the engine block.... "Hey! These numbers don't match!"

#18 4 years ago

I like it when the light in the head behind a 0-9, or 00-09, on the backglass lights and you have the same 0-9, or 00-09, on your score reel. Then a real knocker sounds, or sometimes even a bell.

#19 4 years ago

BreakShot has my favorite match sequence.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

BreakShot has my favorite match sequence.

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from LEE:

I like it when the light in the head behind a 0-9, or 00-09, on the backglass lights and you have the same 0-9, or 00-09, on your score reel. Then a real knocker sounds, or sometimes even a bell.

Look at the video in the post above this one. Breakshot has one of the loudest knockers (no pun intended) I ever hears. Mine scares guests whenever it fires.

Chris

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Mine is the match sequence on Corvette. It is perfectly integrated into the theme.... a guy mumbling while checking the VIN number to see if it matches the engine block.... "Hey! These numbers don't match!"

Yeah, that one is amazing.

Match sequences:

- The one in Indy 500 with all the different cars flashing on the display
- Last Action Hero. "Not to be."
- The one in Star Trek with a random character transporting and then the match number

Pop bumper animations:
- Playboy Stern... I think you know what I mean
- The car shaking in AC/DC
- The sword fight in Black Rose

#24 4 years ago

Another vote for ij in the bumpers. Wh2o on match. Love me some Bigfoot bowling.

#25 4 years ago

Jd....pretty cool when granny pops up with her shotgun during the drive by

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Zamora, CL
Magazines/books
The Flipper Room

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside