(Topic ID: 81340)

what's your favorite game from an audio perspective?....

By 35mm

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Jimmyd044
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

We've really enjoyed STLE because of the mixing of sounds that grab you. I think this is one of the reasons our Hulk is a let down.

Appreciate the input. We were looking to add a game.

#2 7 years ago
    #4 7 years ago

ToM and TOTAN

The games are pretty easy, so they get knocked a lot for that, but JPOP put together some amazingly well integrated themes

#5 7 years ago

I have two. 1) STTNG. Best use of original actors voices IMHO. 2) TOTAN - the use of the sitar is amazing (also IMHO)

#7 7 years ago
    #8 7 years ago

Tron for contemporary games, ToM and Shadow for DMD era games, Swords of Fury and Space Station for sys 11 era games, and Cosmic Gunfight for earlier games.

#9 7 years ago

For shear entertainment value, Family Guy's audio package is way up there

#11 7 years ago

In my opinion TFLE has amazing sound quality.

#13 7 years ago

pinbot

#14 7 years ago
    #15 7 years ago

Bk2k, SoF, Pinbot

#16 7 years ago

Pinbot has my favorite sounds and lights out of any game of any era.

#17 7 years ago

Tron is the "duh" answer from me as well, but I like the narration in TZ quite a bit. The multiball music and sirens in F14 Tomcat are top notch as well.

#18 7 years ago

Tron, of course. But to a lesser degree I think Avatar has an awesome sound package!

#19 7 years ago

Pinbot, running close second is BK2K - but just for the music track.

#20 7 years ago

BK2K, GnR, Judge Dredd, and No fear

#21 7 years ago

STTNG =Newer
    Grand Lizard = Older so many cool sounds

#22 7 years ago

I love the peelling rubber and the engine noises on Getaway. Very well integrated so that it feels like driving a car. Having a real, good rock song as its theme song was a good move for the day, too, although it doesn't compare to the full digitized tracks on the modern Sterns.

#23 7 years ago

Black Knight 2000. Full rock synth amazingness!

For a complete sound package, I do like Tales of the Arabian Nights, Bride of Pinbot, Pinbot, and Cirqus Voltaire.

Chris

#24 7 years ago

I gotta say, Transformers with an added sub woofer sounds AMAZING! It's all those deep robot voices that just sound so sweet. I definitely think it's one of the best all time sounding machines.

AC/DC Kicks it too. There music is straight ahead, hard driving greatness. Sounds awesome!

#25 7 years ago

Centaur--hands down

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside