Topic Stats

• 45 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by VGC1612
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0672.jpg
targetalphalarge.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider novaguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 4 years ago

Unless you're competing, multi player games suck because every ball is the first ball.that aside,I really like

Royal Flush
Surf Champ
Mars Trek
and Recel Lady Luck.

Ted

2 weeks later
#42 4 years ago
Quoted from I_P_D_B:

Once, I asked a friend what he thought of a certain multi-player EM game. His smirking reply was, "It's more fun to compete!" which told me what I needed to know. Ha. But, I'm going to reprint below from another thread a long thing I wrote about that, just because why not and also it took me a while to compose it. Here it is, freshly re-edited in places for clarity:

In addition to the 1968 2-player "Pit Stop" game mentioned earlier, other Williams games like 1966 "8 Ball" and 1971 "Strikes and Spares", both 2-players, also carry over at least one feature from ball to ball.
Hmm.. interesting, I just noticed that eight of the ten games that I mentioned are pre-1970s. I've mentioned Gottlieb, Williams, and Bally. Could it be that the 70's games put an end to this ball-to-ball carry-over through some type of standardization... such as... I just thought of this... that ubiquitous outhole bonus ladder that was seldom used prior to 1970 but had a resurgence that never subsided starting with Gottlieb's 1970's 2-player Snow Derby and 4-player Snow Queen? You'll notice how the multi-player games that followed seemed to jump on having that outhole bonus ladder feature. The pre-70's games I mentioned here do not have outhole bonus ladders. Even the three games I mentioned that did have bonus ladders did not collect them at the outhole. Did the outhole bonus ladder kill EM multi-player carry-over? Hmm... I may be onto something here.
Could it also be because these 70's outhole bonus ladder games are more well known, are more of them, and are what many of today's EM players are used to seeing, is what keeps the thought alive that (all) multi-player EM games always reset for each ball? It's true that many people think that. Maybe that's what is going on. Maybe readers can think of examples from the 70's that carry-over.
See, this is why I gotta stay away from the forums. I cannot write one or two lines and shut up! What brought me here today is that someone asked me to talk about a certain multi-player EM that few people know about that I think is great fun and I was looking for the proper thread to talk about it, but look what I posted instead! He's not going to like that I didn't talk about that game!
Jay

I'm glad I now know that.thanks Jay.(ps,keep on writing)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grandview, MO
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hamilton, MA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
€ 8.40
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 4.95
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 128.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 135.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider novaguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside