(Topic ID: 199758)

What's your biggest theme disappointment?

By PismoArcade

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 217 posts
  • 113 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Wamprat
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

flipper2 (resized).jpg
HobbitAnimated21 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20171010-005748 (resized).png
b45efa41300b83e029fae98d6b7b03091908b90c7da9f258c8b6c8eb6e2fd81c (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpeg
th (resized).jpg
2017-10-08-00-13-23- (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20171007-232124 (resized).png
Backglass (resized).jpg
84143e425328202e3961c3d4dd101f88-d9pi5af (resized).jpg
image-2 (resized).jpg
image-1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

For me It would be Lord Of The Rings. OK I know, "What No Way" I just couldn't get past Path of the Dead. It bugged me. Plus it didn't take me long to see everything the game had to offer. The call outs were great and I loved the movies, just to repetitive.
I will play one in the arcade but I just don't need to own one.

What?!? No way!!

#10 6 years ago

I get why people will say TH, it's the first JJP with the screen; they kinda went overboard on the screen vs what's happening on the PF...

For me it's Avengers, X-Men, and Stern Indiana Jones; much less fun than Hobbit, IMO.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I know this wasn't the question, but I've been pretty disappointed with most of the pinball themes lately.
It's one thing to be nostalgic about pinball, but turning modern pinball into a nostalgic novelty is a joke.

Can you define what you mean by a "nostalgic novelty" ? Do you mean that you're disappointed that most themes are 20/30/40 years old ?

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

I think the problem is more about people setting impossibly high standards for their dream theme. Example: People love Star Wars, and they think Stern is gonna pull out all the stops, and then everyone has such lofty expectations, that anything less would be a disappointment, even if Star Wars really isn’t a bad game at all (I actually like it).
Same thing with Ghostbusters (especially with the magnificent hype train people were riding when it was leaked). I think the one game that did the opposite of that was Dialed In. People saw it, hated it, but then later played it, and loved it since the original theme wasnt predisposed to disappoint anyone. Mostly.

I was just about to post basically this same sentiment. Hobbit had 90 years of build up to it - yet the movies disappointed, and so did the pin. I think it is REALLY fun, but i do not get Star Wars st ALL. But they are kind of the same thing - lots of video and rules and less "stuff on the playfield". This is going to make A lot of people uneasy. I hated the SW pin but love TH. I'm way more of a Star Wars fan than a Tolkien fan. Well, a little
More anyway. Anyway I agree about DI.

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Biggest disappointment of all. I mean with a title like this I expected greatness.

Seriously. That could have been an OUTSTANDING NWA/WCW pin. Ric Flair alone would be worth the entry price

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

No, when I'm thinking 4 Horsemen I'm picturing something like this.

I figured, just ribbing you

#135 6 years ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

Aerosmith. When I heard it was coming out, I was 100% going to buy it. But it’s just too similar to KISS. Even after playing it on location a few times, I was disappointed. It’s a shame because I love Aerosmith and love music themed pins.

I'd encourage you to play it again - it's got a lot more going for it than KISS

#139 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Disagree. Outside of the Elevator Multiball intro and (maybe) the toybox gimmick, KISS Prem is the better game at the moment. Scoring makes more sense and has more multiball modes, too. I'm not alone - Aerosmith Prem was a dog on location on the route I help with. Earned less than XMEN LE (which is more popular than one would imagine).

From a "fun" perspective or an earnings perspective?

#150 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you have a KISS Prem to compare directly with, KISS Prem is more fun than Aerosmith, IMO. Aerosmith not having band callouts hurts the experience, too. From an earnings perspective, KISS positively KILLED Aerosmith at the locations I help with on route. The main reason it only lasted about 3 months. The new game bump barely lasted a month. Playfield finish was gorgeous on the Aerosmith Premiums, though. Can't fault that.

Wow, I am seriously shocked at that! I've got to imagine the KISS name recognition (and vigilance of the KISS army) help them out a bit there. I don't feel like KISS has the shots and the cool factor that AS does. Not that I've played either of them extensively, I suppose

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 21.50
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com
Shooter rods
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Machine - For Sale
Wilkes-barre, PA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
€ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-your-biggest-theme-disappointment?tu=rdoyle1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.