(Topic ID: 24285)

What's your best strategy to get to Super Hero on SM.......

By iceman44

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by jyeakley
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wizzardz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 11 years ago

Concentrate on the wed modes as mentioned, and try to stack as many modes going into multi-ball.

When concentrating on web modes, I've found the sandman and goblin are generally hit throughout the play. Venom and Ock take a bit more targeting. As mentioned, you don't have to complete the web modes...just start them. But they are good points if they can be completed (x3 multiplier I beleive)

Once I get into multi-ball - particularly if I have the first two venom modes completed, I will simply take shot after shot at the side ramp/venom - letting the balls drain - until ball-save light goes out. This allows you to catch up on venom if behind on its progress. Obviously not kosher for tourney play.

The real points come in from stacking modes. Because no multiball mode ends until there are less than two balls in play, it possible to get a lot of points by stacking and getting multiple multi-ball modes going. I will generally try to stage this as best I can. Get black-suit locks built up, a web mode ready to go, and a number of villian hits made or modes stated. Then I start the web mode (can't be started in multi-ball) - preferably bonesaw as its best suited for multi-ball - finish getting the black suit locks to start it, and then start drilling the villains to get those modes going. I've gotten nearly 400M pts during a single multi-ball by having both black suit and Doc Ock multi-balls modes going, completing the web mode and a number of villians, and starting new multi-ball modes while still in multi-ball. Being able to complete the super jackpots during multi-ball (and stacked multi-balls) also tends to bring big points....but its difficult to make all the shots - or even knowing which need to be hit - while keeping track of all the balls.

Once the multi-ball modes are running, you only have to keep two balls in play to keep the (multiple) multi-ball mode(s) active (and associated scoring). As such, I tend to concentrate on really only saving two balls rather than all four when things really start to fly. Normally I will hit both flippers to skip a lot of the sounds, animations and ball lock when a ball gets trapped (e.g., completing sandman or doc ock) because I don't like it interrupting the flow. However, once I start a multi-ball, i never get a ball to release before its done. While its being held, its one less I have to deal with for the time being.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

It depends on how he's scoring those 250m...I had like 25 games over 400 million before

+1 - The couple times I've made it to SH has been when concentrating on white modes and they have not been particularly high-scoring games. I haven't managed to get thru SH yet, so I don't know what sort of silly bonus points could be had.

My highest scores (up to 660M, but generally 450/500M) have always been by stacking modes/multi-ball and getting the various associated super/jackpots. There's so much to do in this game, it allows so many ways to approach the game play.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
$ 25.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 25.50
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saint Johns, MI
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wizzardz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-your-best-strategy-to-get-to-super-hero-on-sm?tu=wizzardz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.