New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 138010)

What's your best score on MMR LE??

By Pinwhiz70

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 76 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Nveld
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 51 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20160508_203144_(resized).jpg
20160508_203220_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
20160305_090150_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
1452439123348-1889485676_(resized).jpg

There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago

I don't know how to do barnyard multi. Can someone tell me? I can't find it in the scoring guide I have

#52 4 years ago

You have to get each item from the catapult. I have yet to get it. Grrr

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I don't know how to do barnyard multi. Can someone tell me? I can't find it in the scoring guide I have

Quoted from gliebig:

You have to get each item from the catapult. I have yet to get it. Grrr

Never got it yet on the MMR but got close once. I've made it 2 times in the days at the arcade.

Anyway, as mentioned, you need to get each item of the catapult. That's the hardest part since aiming for the catapult is a high risk shot. Once you get a catapult, best way to get the item you want it to shoot the ball based on the sound you hear when the cursor move from one target to another. My trick is this: shoot right when you hear the sound of the previous target change: if the item you want is the 5th, shoot when you hear the 4th target change sound. If you want to get the 1st target, wait 5 sounds so it rolls over to the first item. You can easily get the item you want using this trick. Practice by shooting for the highest point item not yet hit (500K on your first catapult).

Once you've hit the 5 items, then if you get Merlin's magic, Barnyard multiball will activate!

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from Rat:

Does everyone else experience an outlane drain at high speed with no chance of a nudge save about every second time a ball hits the slings?
Is that how the original played, I've played a couple of originals and I don't remember the outlanes being so harsh?
Does anyone know how the outlanes are set for PAPA comps?
Arrrrggggg...I'm driving myself mad, I hate feeling like I'm cheating.

Don't worry too much! We all get these direct outlanes ball drain and they're a pain in the butt. Medieval Madness is a special beast. I can get a 130MM one game and the next one I get a 3MM game and get beat by my 4 year old!

Only way to avoid direct ball drains is complete control and accuracy, especially in the high risk shots. Since you have to make the high risk shots at some point, I always work on the extra balls first: second castle, 1st multiball, video mode, madnesses and 10 fires/hurry ups. Of course I work on the hurry ups at the same time I work on getting a madness and I never get too greedy on getting the catapult, my weak shot. During multiball madness, I work on hitting the castle. During madnesses, I rather would shoot the lock hole which gets you the catapult light first (the first light still on from left to right).

#55 4 years ago

Has the most insane ball ever last night! Managed to do a Barnyard multi-ball and beat Battle for the Kingdom on the same ball. Near 300MM on the same ball, including a 84X - 91MM points bonus! It was epic.

Needless to say, I beat my high score and got 554MM points!

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#56 4 years ago

^ Wow, awesome score. Your bonus was just about as big as my best score, well played sir

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from AxleMunshine:

Don't worry too much! We all get these direct outlanes ball drain and they're a pain in the butt. Medieval Madness is a special beast. I can get a 130MM one game and the next one I get a 3MM game and get beat by my 4 year old!
Only way to avoid direct ball drains is complete control and accuracy, especially in the high risk shots. Since you have to make the high risk shots at some point, I always work on the extra balls first: second castle, 1st multiball, video mode, madnesses and 10 fires/hurry ups. Of course I work on the hurry ups at the same time I work on getting a madness and I never get too greedy on getting the catapult, my weak shot. During multiball madness, I work on hitting the castle. During madnesses, I rather would shoot the lock hole which gets you the catapult light first (the first light still on from left to right).

Thanks....yeah it's getting much easier now, I'm learning how to nudge and control the outlanes and mostly to keep ball control to avoid them. I'm getting live catches from the left most times and bricking much less. Because its fun practicing and concentrating on my skills on MMR I'm finding that even transfers to my other pins

MMR isn't too hard....it's just right

Got my first COW video mode today and missed EB

Got 180mill without BFTK.....yet to get BFTK or Barnyard Multi.....but that's good. My flipper skills are progressing more after three weeks playing this game and concentrating than they have over a whole life of uncontrolled play

#59 4 years ago

When you do live catches on the left, is the ball coming straight to the left flipper in most cases? On mine, i have a lot of balls from both left and right hitting the slingshots maybe 50% of the time on each side on their way down from the moat eject or pop bumpers. Is that normal or is normal having the balls come directly to the flipper for the live catch?

#60 4 years ago

Yep....I feel my pin is still "running in" so some things will need tweaking but it is paying awesome

Generally.....Ball running down the right side from the Merlin hole will just touch the right sling not triggering it but making a live catch difficult.

On the left lane ejecting from the moat usually (80%) I can live catch but sometimes there is bounce from the eject that makes it touch the sling and bounce slightly without activating thus making catch harder, I assume this is authentic.

Oh dear.....I am a pin tragic....cheers mate

#61 4 years ago

If you watch this video it shows him thumping the side of the cab in about the middle as the ball goes down the right-hand side loop this pushes the ball slightly out so that it clears the sling. It's a legitimate move, but I don't like to do it, I prefer to just nudge straight forward from the front as the ball is about to leave the right loop, which is less effective but still works a little bit.

It does sound like yours is hitting the sling slighter more than average from the left loop, perhaps you could lower your castle eject coil power through the menu and see if that helps?

1 week later
#62 4 years ago

115mill. Finally cracked 100mill today.

4 weeks later
#63 4 years ago

Once again, one castle away from bftk. Agggg.

20160305_090150_(resized).jpg

#64 4 years ago

Are you guys on 3 or 5 ball? Man, I need to practice! LOL

#65 4 years ago

On location. Great game!

image_(resized).jpeg

#66 4 years ago

Mine is 60ish mil.

My 12-year old son's is 204M.

He is dead to me now, and the machine will be too if it doesn't yield soon.

#68 4 years ago

Just played for a few hours and found out I despise this flipping game because it truly hates me. I am the king of getting an extra ball lit my first ball and never hitting merlin's hole to get it, ending the game with some paltry score. I am also amazing at getting 20-38 million on the first or second ball but not getting more than 1 million on the others.

1 month later
#69 4 years ago

Just scored 148mill. Had everything lit, all I needed was one more troll for bftk and lost. I am crushed. I really thought I was going to get it.

1 month later
#70 4 years ago

image_(resized).jpeg
About 4 hits shy of Castle Crusher and 2 hits shy of Catapult Ace to complete all blue lights. So close to my first Battle for the Kingdom.

#71 4 years ago

Walked past the game on my way to do something in the basement and said Why not, I'll play one game. My first time getting to battle for the kingdom and I won! I've never been so focused. Lol

20160508_203220_(resized).jpg

20160508_203144_(resized).jpg

#72 4 years ago

Well done, but I'm glad I didn't complete BFTK the first time I started it, I have started BFTK three times now and still not completed it, I feel I'm ready for it next time

Today I got my second ever Save the Cows which was a surprise because I wasn't even trying for it, I have only got Barnyard Multi once also. This is due to the fact that I find the Catapult shot too risky and mostly rely on it just bouncing in there by chance.

Do you still have any other goals to try for? or is the next goal 2x BFTK in one game?

#73 4 years ago

I'd love to get barnyard but I really don't try and shoot for the catapult either. Maybe I will now.

#74 4 years ago

Finally broke hundred million with GC score of 136M. It's not much, but an improvement for me. I changed my tactic from chasing multiballs and royal madness to focusing on castles. The madness modes came on the side, but it seemed like a better way to get more points

#75 4 years ago

MMR. 80 Million for me. 45M.for the Ms.... Just arrived a week ago...

#76 4 years ago
Quoted from NicToria:

MMR. 80 Million for me. 45M.for the Ms.... Just arrived a week ago...

And so it begins! Before long epic tales will flow from yonder kingdom.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
8,000 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Drums, PA
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com
There are 76 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside