5 months ago

Topic Stats

• 39 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you like podcasts/videos”

• Yes 21 votes
      46%
    • No 13 votes
      28%
    • Love them 12 votes
      26%
    • Hate them 0 votes

(Multiple choice - 46 votes by 43 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

C-658VsXoAo3ovC (resized).jpg
    Untitled2 (resized).jpg
    download (3) (resized).jpg
    download (2) (resized).jpg
    download (1) (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

#1 5 months ago

I assume everyone here on Pinside loves pinball. There are many ways to enjoy pinball- one thing I enjoy is watching videos and listening to podcasts. It’s not something I do every day, but it’s great to have available during long a commute or while working on a machine. It’s great to have so many options available for those who enjoy pinball. Are you a tournament player? Do you enjoy pinball rumors? Do you like to keep up with the latest news? Are repair videos helpful? What is you favorite way to enjoy/contribute to the pinball community?

#2 5 months ago

download (1) (resized).jpg

#3 5 months ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Don't really care for podcasts. I've listened to parts of some of them and there is no information I really need and not very entertaining otherwise. Just guys jabbering on. Better things to do than listen to them.

Podcasts are definitely not for everyone. I respect your opinion! What could they do to get you to listen?? How could they improve?

#4 5 months ago

download (2) (resized).jpg

#6 5 months ago

I’m a sucker for pinball media, whether it be podcasts or video content. However, I’m picky with those that I follow. Some of my favorites are at times the ones I disagree with most.

#8 5 months ago

I listen to a nice handful of pinball podcasts. I wasn't a podcast guy up until about a year or so ago but after I found a some shows that furthered my enjoyment of the hobby I was in. My personal take on podcasts (and the hosts) is one of appreciation for those that take the time to contribute and give back what they can to the hobby. Much easier to convey an opinion or share a topic as a podcast host during a show versus trying to do so in a topic post in a discussion thread.

Pinball podcasters aren't making money doing what they do which makes it even more respectable in my opinion.

#10 5 months ago

K-cast and SDTM entertaining and enjoyable though both can be longwinded

#11 5 months ago

K-cast no longer on acast it seems is on soundcloud

#12 5 months ago

I enjoyed starting a thread that asked how many podcasts pinsiders follow. Lots of good info in it.

Check it out when you get a chance.....

#14 5 months ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

I enjoyed starting a thread that asked how many podcasts pinsiders follow. Lots of good info in it.
    Check it out when you get a chance.....

The thread is no longer the wrong name was mentioned to many times

#15 5 months ago
    Quoted from JY64:

The thread is no longer the wrong name was mentioned to many times

I had a similar reply that has "vanished" from this thread. In fact 2 of my 3 posts are no longer here. Can someone help me out with why my posts are being removed?

#16 5 months ago

If so, Beginning of the end of pinside.

#17 5 months ago

Didn't we just talk about this?

#18 5 months ago

As format goes I like youtube because all comments people make can be seen

#19 5 months ago
    Quoted from stpcore:

I had a similar reply that has "vanished" from this thread. In fact 2 of my 3 posts are no longer here. Can someone help me out with why my posts are being removed?

Quoted from MrBally:

If so, Beginning of the end of pinside.

download (3) (resized).jpg
    #20 5 months ago

The only thing I enjoy more than listening to podcasts is talking about 'em on Pinside!!!

I like the ones where people "tell it like it is" and aren't beholden to anybody!!!!

Love 'em or hate 'em they tell it it like it is and speak their mind!!!!

Also I love threads where we talk about the importance of telling it like it is and speaking our mind, and how that is an attribute that is attractive.

#21 5 months ago

I enjoy pinball videos and live streams when they:

- Try to teach viewers about the game rules and strategies.
    - Have good sound and video quality.
    - Play pinball and don't just sit there talking about pinball.
    - Can talk and be engaging while they play.
    - Aren't basic. Many YouTubers and live streamers won't go near an EM or early solid state machine. I'll devour videos of uncommon or under-appreciated titles every time but I find the 4000th stream of Metallica or Walking Dead to be a complete bore.

Excellent examples are Bowen's PAPA tutorials and Dead Flip.

I've tried listening to pinball podcasts, but they usually focus on the tournament scene ( ) or have a hard time describing gameplay in an audio-only context.

#22 5 months ago

The last thread had a lot of insights that multiple podcasts hosts read and took advice from. Oh well!

As far as videos go, I'll watch any video Bowen puts up. I'll watch Buffalo Pinball for the tutorial but not the rest.

I'll check out other videos once in a blue moon, usually just to see how a particular feature works in action. I think watching competitive play is too dull for my tastes. I'm into watching when I'm at a tournament, but I'm not interested in watching a competition video of people I don't personally know.

Edit: Also I used to watch a bunch of repair/restoration videos until I started to get the hang of it. I don't look at them very much anymore unless it's a unique problem to a particular mech.

#24 5 months ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

The last thread had a lot of insights that multiple podcasts hosts read and took advice from. Oh well!
    As far as videos go, I'll watch any video Bowen puts up. I'll watch Buffalo Pinball for the tutorial but not the rest.
    I'll check out other videos once in a blue moon, usually just to see how a particular feature works in action. I think watching competitive play is too dull for my tastes. I'm into watching when I'm at a tournament, but I'm not interested in watching a competition video of people I don't personally know.
    Edit: Also I used to watch a bunch of repair/restoration videos until I started to get the hang of it. I don't look at them very much anymore unless it's a unique problem to a particular mech.

This is pretty much dead on with me. If there's a game I want to learn the rules to, or just maybe check out because I haven't seen one before, I'll pull up a PAPA or Buffalo tutorial but rarely watch the whole thing. I can listen to headphones at work and work at home a few days a week, so I don't subscribe to any, but if I'm doing something kind of tedious I'll throw a SDTM on YouTube in the background and just listen - pretty entertaining and makes the time pass. I generally like podcasts like this where it's some entertaining hosts BSing about the topic and getting off topic too as opposed to ones that are just reading the headlines of the week. I do like checking out gameroom/collector/arcade walkthroughs just out of curiosity too. I've discovered a few games this way and gameroom décor ideas too.

If a new game comes out I'll usually check out 15 minutes of a stream just to kind of see what's up with it out of curiosity. I watched a ton of repair videos in the early days as well, but now get most of my tips here if I hit a wall on something. If something looks intriguing or I want to just learn more about it I'll seek some out though just for education.

#25 5 months ago

What happened to the last thread on this?

Was Kaneda mentioned too many times?

#26 5 months ago

Okay- this is crazy. Are there two topics? Did one completely disappear? Did I get moderated? Sincerely- not stirring the pot- but what happened?

#27 5 months ago
    Quoted from stpcore:

Your podcast, and people explaining how to make them better aren't as important as mentioning a certain someone it seems.

Quoted from TheCreature:

Okay- this is crazy. Are there two topics? Did one completely disappear? Did I get moderated? Sincerely- not stirring the pot- but what happened?

First posts went missing, then they shitcanned the whole thread

#28 5 months ago

I wouldn't even know where to start to find a podcast.

#30 5 months ago

In before the lock.

#31 5 months ago

How are people going to know about Leeve's go fund me now?

#32 5 months ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

In before the lock.

Why can’t we discuss pinball podcasts and other pinball media?

#33 5 months ago
    Untitled2 (resized).jpg
    #34 5 months ago
    C-658VsXoAo3ovC (resized).jpg
    #35 5 months ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The only thing I enjoy more than listening to podcasts is talking about 'em on Pinside!!!
    I like the ones where people "tell it like it is" and aren't beholden to anybody!!!!
    Love 'em or hate 'em they tell it it like it is and speak their mind!!!!
    Also I love threads where we talk about the importance of telling it like it is and speaking our mind, and how that is an attribute that is attractive.

Don’t sugarcoat it Levi, ya shill! How do really feel? Tell it like it is, man.

#36 5 months ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

I wouldn't even know where to start to find a podcast.

Well, for you I’d suggest google. Type the word “podcast” into the blank space in the middle of the webpage and push “enter” on the screen or on your keyboard. If using a typewriter, hit the “return” key.

Or perhaps try the classified ads of your local circular.

Otherwise, try Apple iTunes or SoundCloud.

#37 5 months ago

What a joke this site is. I am probably like many others that reads it often but never post Not anymore, I regret ever giving this place a dime. Censorship because somebody hurt your feelings?

#38 5 months ago
    Quoted from Coz:

Why can’t we discuss pinball podcasts and other pinball media?

Podcast can be great. Videos are the best. From the TOPs (This Old Pinball) talks and the repair CDs to the Bowen tutorials on the PAPA site.

The problem is people will push the bounds with the moderators by continuously mentioning a person they have been told not to discuss. If the mods are already deleting posts this quick they are watching. At a certain point they will get sick of wasting time monitoring and just send the thread to the cornfield.

#39 5 months ago

Hey everybody. This thread (and a deleted thread) were brought to my attention just now and I'm currently looking at the situation. If you could bear with me for a second I'll look into what's going on behind the scenes and sort it out. Thanks for your patience.

Edit: the original thread was reopened. Please see my post there: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/do-you-listen-to-pinball-podcasts/page/5#post-4731656

I will keep this thread closed as it's on the same subject as the thread linked above.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 1,000.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 45.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 159.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Great American Pinball
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 35.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    3D MODS
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 6.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 9,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 27.99
    Playfield - Protection
    Lee's Parts
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 244.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 8,000.00
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 1,199.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside