(Topic ID: 149334)

What's you favorite new pinball company ?

By 2Kaulitz

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 94 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by 2Kaulitz
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What's you favorite new pinball company ?”

• Dutch Pinball 13 votes
    5%
  • Heighway Pinball 64 votes
    24%
  • Spooky Pinball 100 votes
    37%
  • Jersey Jack Pinball 84 votes
    31%
  • Chicago Gaming / Plantary 11 votes
    4%

(272 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

space_(resized).jpg
day_one_(resized).png
nellie_(resized).jpg
lil_(resized).jpg
WOF_flippers_(resized).jpg
There are 94 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 8 years ago

Wanted to see what everyone's favorite new pinball company that is making games currently other than stern.

#4 8 years ago

You missed Multimorphic.

#5 8 years ago

This is such loaded question. You have to weigh price, materials, art, themes, wait times, pre-order payment amounts, risk, etc.
I could pick or not pick any one company on the list for one reason or another.

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from Law:

You missed Multimorphic.

It wont let me edit the poll and ill have check them out don't know much about them untill now lol

#7 8 years ago

Showgirls

#8 8 years ago

What about JPOP and Kevin. Until found guilty for the crimes, aren't they still in business?

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

What about JPOP and Kevin. Until found guilty for the crimes, aren't they still in business?

Haha hey dude been awhile how have you been ?

#10 8 years ago

Oh not as good as you I guess. TZ and AMH!! Sweet!! No more Gottliebs. I am sad.

IMO spooky and JJP deserve the love. With the edge going to JJP for the win!

#11 8 years ago

I wanted to vote skitb

#12 8 years ago

Stoner

#13 8 years ago

None.

Seen a few pics of some of the games but haven't been able to play them. (AMH looks like a slam dunk for me personally)
Played some of the games and not interested.
Know the price of some and are less interested.

#14 8 years ago

I really enjoy what Gerry is putting into Lexy Lightspeed, and purely based on game quality/innovation I'd probably give the win to Multimorphic with JJP pulling a second, however Spooky mixes incredible game design with this outstanding small company image which makes them extremely lovable, and their outstanding and friendly support makes me want to continue buying from and supporting them as much as I can.

#15 8 years ago

Wow, my stomach started to hurt when I read the headline on the first page of the forums because I thought for certain the OP would have been Kaneda.

Anyway, I voted for Spooky.

#16 8 years ago

Spooky hands down. Great service and product. I love my AMH.

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from CNKay:

Oh not as good as you I guess. TZ and AMH!! Sweet!! No more Gottliebs. I am sad.
IMO spooky and JJP deserve the love. With the edge going to JJP for the win!

Yeah no Gottlieb's for now untill find my next one and it well be a 80s one has newer ones piss me off too much lol Yeah JJP is pretty awesome really liked the woz game i played but the price is way to much for me. So because of price and theme i say spooky has the edge for the WIN

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Wow, my stomach started to hurt when I read the headline on the first page of the forums because I thought for certain the OP would have been Kaneda.
Anyway, I voted for Spooky.

WHAT..... you compared me to Kaneda lol I'm just drunk today

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

It wont let me edit the poll and ill have check them out don't know much about them untill now

Another vote for Multimorphic, always suprises me how many people don't know about them: they make the P3 Pinball Platform - first game Lexy Lightspeed. Maybe it's the multiple names that confuses people?

#20 8 years ago

Homepin

#21 8 years ago

Dutch Pinball. I love my BOP 2.0 and it's like they went into my brain and pulled out my dream game: Lebowski!

#22 8 years ago

Spooky without question, these guys deserve a medal!

#23 8 years ago

Heighway for me. I'm saving my money for one.

JJP is too pricey.

I wish I'd played Big Lebowski at Expo.

Spooky is too exclusive. I've never even seen one in real life.

#24 8 years ago

I like Spooky the most. They just have that small town, easy going vibe that I love. It's like a little slice of pinball Americana! I gotta root for the little guys.

I think DP and Heighway will do great things. So will P3, their platform is next level stuff.

I think JJP went too big, too fast, but I hope he can turn it around. WoZ and TH are about as close to high art as pinball has come.

I wouldn't buy a thing from Rick. I just don't like the way he conducts himself or treats people who are his customers.

All in all, its a great time to be into pinball.

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

I like Spooky the most. They just have that small town, easy going vibe that I love. It's like a little slice of pinball Americana! I gotta root for the little guys.
I think DP and Heighway will do great things. So will P3, their platform is next level stuff.
I think JJP went too big, too fast, but I hope he can turn it around. WoZ and TH are about as close to high art as pinball has come.
I wouldn't buy a thing from Rick. I just don't like the way he conducts himself or treats people who are his customers.
All in all, its a great time to be into pinball.

Yeah 2016 is going awesome for pinball Again i like spooky the most as i think there doing it all right. I do also like jjp there woz game is awesome and love color changing leds. I dont like that you can't swap leds on jjp game and price way too high. I need to hit the power ball so then i can buy them all

#26 8 years ago

I love P3 because it's the only one that is innovative. but I can't justify the steep price tag to get one.

I love Spooky's business model and keeping games more reasonable.

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I love P3 because it's the only one that is innovative. but I can't justify the steep price tag to get one.

I haven't had the pleasure yet to play one. Tell me they didn't put the usual Italian bottom on that one.

#28 8 years ago

Considering Multimorphic isn't even listed this is pointless.

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

It wont let me edit the poll and ill have check them out don't know much about them untill now lol

Then you shouldn't be making a poll on this topic.

#30 8 years ago

OK I looked. Same lower playfield as everybody else. That's innovation.

#31 8 years ago

hard to pick just one. All pinball is good. And each of them has some really great qualities. I own an AMH and a WOZ, and have a MMR on order. But would like to get an Alien and TBL. So all are pretty equal in my eyes.

#32 8 years ago

Spooky by a mile.

Great 1st game out quick + total lack of bullshit/money holding/delays + price + great company & people = First place with second still back on the race track.

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from angus:

hard to pick just one. All pinball is good. And each of them has some really great qualities. I own an AMH and a WOZ, and have a MMR on order. But would like to get an Alien and TBL. So all are pretty equal in my eyes.

Man I totally want an Alien. I'm looking forward to its debut at a show.

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Yeah i have my eye on alien too but untill i see it all together i won't deiced

#35 8 years ago

Full Throttle is being delivered and is super fun to play. Andrew is also very open and doing a great job. While Spooky is great, I don't think Heighway is that far behind.

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

TPF!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope we see it.

#37 8 years ago

My vote goes to whoever was making that pin3000 or whatever it was called.

#38 8 years ago

homepin

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

My vote goes to whoever was making that pin3k or whatever it was called.

yea, that's P3.

Lower playfield is interactive. Game has movable walls and scoops. So the game knows where your ball is and where it's headed. It can fawk with you if it was programmed to do so. Snag your ball, or reflect it back. Rotary multiball mech is pretty neat as well. They are changing a lot of mechanical aspects that are unique as well. Plus, some nice use of color changing LED's before anyone else was. Light up drops and standups that change depending on modes you are in.

but we can't vote for them because they were cut out of the running.

#40 8 years ago

No not that one. Remember pinball3000? I can't find the thread.

Now I want a new game with traditional flippers. Not inverted like they have been using for years now. I think I may have to design it myself.

#41 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

OK I looked. Same lower playfield as everybody else. That's innovation.

Bottom swaps out, you can put any configuration on there you like (watch below starting from 0:35):

That's innovation.

#42 8 years ago

So it's kind of like lego huh? Build what you like? I still didn't see where you could swap flippers so they wouldn't be inverted.

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I think I may have to design it myself.

Do it. Get Nimbles to help you make it. He can scrub coils and rebuild switches while the baby sleeps. Find a donor EM that's beat and take it apart and use the parts to make your own EM.

You know how they work. Put one together yourself. Design it on paper, and then hand cut the playfield. It's an EM, you can do all the routing by hand, nothing is too complicated.

Modify the score motor, wire the switch stacks, figure out the logic. Design the playfield and the scoring, and make it work.

Show the world how a 2" flipper game should play in 2016.

I double dog dare you!!!

#44 8 years ago

But where would I figure out all the parts needed to make a whitewood? This thing will have reversed two inch flippers, subways, ramps, and a cathode tube display!

#45 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

So it's kind of like lego huh? Build what you like? I still didn't see where you could swap flippers so they wouldn't be inverted.

I've seen Gerry slide out the flipper mech thing before, and swapping in a new one of any configuration would certainly be possible (but you'd have to design/build it custom)

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

but you'd have to design/build it custom)

I think with it's design this platform could lend itself to customization. Thanks to Aurich, I have some plans.

#47 8 years ago

As I have room for only one Pin and really like their modular system, open communication, vision and potential Heighway all the way for me.

#48 8 years ago

Serious question for O-din.

I've seen you bring up the Italian bottom in several threads to lament the sameness of pinball over the last 40 years. I too love the oddball flipper arrangements of many older games. Variety is fun. Those tables exist.

However, it strikes me that the Italian bottom configuration was the result of a slow process of refinement. With that configuration, they finally got it just right.

I sometimes think that the call for "innovation" in pinball is unwarranted. I personally think that the fundamental configuration of the modern machine is pretty close to perfection.

Rethemed, reskinning, coding, magnets, mechs, ramps, drops, StandUps, gobbles, slings, etc etc can all be utilized in infinitely subtle configurations to provide new experiences. Frankly, that's what I want from pinball.

I see the appeal of other bottom end configurations for variety sake... But I feel like the modern bottom end is the distillation of all of that experimentation, refined in to the "best" compromise.

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

But I feel like the modern bottom end is the distillation of all of that experimentation, refined in to the "best" compromise.

couldn't agree more. I hate those configurations that try too hard to be innovative at the expense of what works. Banana flippers or 4 flippers on the bottom that have an opening that drains the ball when you try to cradle.

#50 8 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

or 4 flippers on the bottom that have an opening that drains the ball when you try to cradle.

As an owner of Kickoff, a game that has these.. It's somewhat fun occasionally to basically not be able to cradle IMHO. Would I have an entire collection like that, no.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 7,700.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 94 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-you-favorite-new-pinball-company and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.