What's Wrong With WH20's Music?

By Crash

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

I've heard people generally don't like White Water's ball 1 theme music. I love the music and believe it's some of the best in pinball. Why is this?

#2 12 years ago

I also think the music is great and so is the pin.

#3 12 years ago

I personally agree, I love the music in WH2O. I think the general reason some people do not like it is it sounds tinny and very 80's Casio synthesized for lack of a better way to describe it. Fits the theme well IMO. I love how intense the music get's as you progress through the game.

Everybody hears things differently, like the knocker on SWE1 and RFM, I have had several people think it was a sound problem, not a knocker. When I sold my SWE1 the buyer did not believe it was a knocker, he really thought something was wrong with the game. I had to go into the knocker test and show him it was an intentional sound.

#4 12 years ago

Probably someone about to buy one trying to drive down pricing.

#5 12 years ago

I've never had a problem with the music either. Not the best for sure, but never annoyed me.

#6 12 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

I've heard people generally don't like White Water's ball 1 theme music. I love the music and believe it's some of the best in pinball. Why is this?

The loop sequence is way too short. It sounds like a skipping record. There's an obvious aberration where it repeats. Bad editing. Plus, it takes a lot (for a casual player) to get to the next music clip so for many players, that's the only music they hear, which is a shame because the later music is much better.

#7 12 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Crazed:

...I love the music in WH2O. I think the general reason some people do not like it is it sounds tinny and very 80's Casio synthesized for lack of a better way to describe it. Fits the theme well IMO. I love how intense the music get's as you progress through the game.

WH2O's music has really grown on me as well and I've come to appreciate it for what it is: a creative snapshot of pin history.

#8 12 years ago

The ever changing music (especially when it becomes frantic) really adds to the game.

The changes between songs builds up nicely.

Chris Granner did an amazing job.

#9 12 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Chris Granner did an amazing job.

I know it drives some people crazy, but personally I think it's great.

Love the music on Fish Tales too.

#10 12 years ago
Quoted from Benaar:

Love the music on Fish Tales too.

I personally like the music on FT than WH20.

#11 12 years ago

I love the music for WH20 but sometimes I have look around my room to make sure theres not some ugly kid with a banjo on speed.

#12 12 years ago

My biggest complaint on White Water is the call-outs for each individual shot made and the "riiiiiiiide the whirlpoool" call-out. I like the music pacing overall.

#13 12 years ago

i love the yelling helllp screech my favorite of all in the game.

also what is up with the dog barks when the ball is saved sometimes??

#14 12 years ago

The dog bark is to get your attention in case you started to switch players or walk away. I also love when it adds on "ya weiner" to certain things like "get the extra ball" and such. LH-6 home rom.

#15 12 years ago

Heard the ya weiner for the first time last night out in the wild. I laughed pretty hard. This game is the stone cold nuts.

#16 12 years ago

i would like to get the lh-6 rom. does installing them require any board work? alot of the game roms do so i havent upgraded any of my games. waiting for pin-a-g0-go to have the jumpers done by a pro.

#17 12 years ago

I think the original music in WH20 is probably the best of any pin that I've owned.

#18 12 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

Benaar said:Love the music on Fish Tales too.

Crazy.

I don't know how you guys can even compare them. FT's music is as annoying as it comes. Wh20's music is top notch.

I know people will say that they both have a country flair to them, but to me they are very different.

1 week later
#19 12 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

kwiKimart said:Benaar said:Love the music on Fish Tales too.
Crazy.
I don't know how you guys can even compare them. FT's music is as annoying as it comes. Wh20's music is top notch.
I know people will say that they both have a country flair to them, but to me they are very different.

Heh. Just realized that Chris Granner did the music to both Wh20 and FT.

#20 12 years ago
Quoted from doublezo1:

i would like to get the lh-6 rom. does installing them require any board work? alot of the game roms do so i havent upgraded any of my games. waiting for pin-a-g0-go to have the jumpers done by a pro.

WPC games require no board work to upgrade the roms. When you pull the old chip you should do it slow. Steph at hobbyroms can burn you the home version. It's only 1 chip and it's socketed.

#21 12 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

kwiKimart said:Benaar said:Love the music on Fish Tales too.
Crazy.

I though FT music was real bad but when I played it, it was fine and seemed to enhance the whole experience.

Wonder if he can do the same for WOZ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Sugarloaf, CO
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

12,610 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mapleton, UT
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 12.95
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

17,250 (OBO)
$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Montpelier, VA
$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-wrong-with-wh20s-music and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.