(Topic ID: 163382)

Zaccaria Spinner issue

By CaptainNeo

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

spinner_with_cam_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    IMG_7567_(resized).JPG
    #1 7 years ago

I've seen some crazy shit before with pinball. But this one is up there. Was easy to figure out why the spinner wasn't working, but not so easy to figure out how or why it ended up like this. You might be thinking it was made longer and broke off. Nope. Seems to be factory through and through. Makes me laugh, but not when I'm trying to figure out how i'm going to make it work.

EDIT: I figured it out...see posts farther down.

IMG_7567_(resized).JPGIMG_7567_(resized).JPG

#2 7 years ago

The top heavy side will flip the spinner over and hide the text, lol.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#3 7 years ago

but wont' do any good. You can spin it all day and it will never score a single point.

#4 7 years ago

apparently there is a plastic cam that slides onto the shaft. So now I have to figure out how to make that happen.

#5 7 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

The top heavy side will flip the spinner over and hide the text, lol.

But it is not top heavy. The center has to be measured from the pivot points. But there is nothing to trigger the switch.

#6 7 years ago

exactly. It spins great. Works like it should. Just no way for the game to know it.

#7 7 years ago

ok, found out how this shit is suppose to work. Apparently there is a plastic cam that slides on the side and locks into the flat spot that is at the end of the wire shaft. This is missing and I guess a lot of people need this part. So I'm going to try and make a casting of the nylon cam. I have another game that has the same setup with the cam (that's how I figured out WTF was going on).

Problem is. I don't know if that cam is glued on inside the plastic tower. if it is, there is no way to get the cam off the wire without breaking it. Then i'm really screwed and have 2 games without spinners.

spinner_with_cam_(resized).jpgspinner_with_cam_(resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-wrong-with-this-picture-5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.