Topic Stats

• 110 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Chambahz
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 11 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

mess.JPG
coil_break.JPG
diagram.JPG
coil_swap.JPG
game.JPG
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crash.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 6 years ago

Do you see smoke when you solder? If not your solder does not have flux mixed in. Flux is mandatory for getting the solder to stick to the work.

#43 6 years ago

I'd be willing to bet your iron is too hot and you're boiling off all your flux before you hit a joint. Does the solder ball up when you apply it to a connection or does it flow through and spread out like it's supposed to? Can you get some pictures?

#72 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

The flipper would lock on if you did.

Not necessarily, I repaired a Fliptronics board with a shorted hold transistor. The symptom was the flipper was not staying up. It turned out that transistor had locked on and blew a trace. This was an early Fliptronics 1 board without fuses to cover this sort of thing.

Interestingly enough this is an indication that you can't hold a flipper up indefinitely.

#74 6 years ago

2 open coils in a row? I'm skeptical. Try this: disconnect all Fliptronics board connectors (expect ribbon cable, you can leave that in place). Set your meter to diode test and test the center lug of your coil along with each outside lug. Switch the probes each time for a total of 4 tests. Do you get some sort of reading every time?

#81 6 years ago

Are they unwinding? The only way to fix it is cut it to length, melt the insulation off with a lighter, then solder it back to the lug.

#92 6 years ago

Yeah after seeing how your coils are unwinding, that could very well be the issue.

#105 6 years ago

Be sure to post pics!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crash.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside