Topic Stats

• 110 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Chambahz
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 11 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

mess.JPG
coil_break.JPG
diagram.JPG
coil_swap.JPG
game.JPG
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

There are 110 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 6 years ago
Quoted from Stack15:

Okay... but for now on I am keeping a spare around. Most of my games use that same blue coil.

Good plan. In my whole life I've had one weak coil. So the odds just aren't there. But when they are an off brand, look like crap, missing the wrapper - it is good to replace them.

And spare coils are great to have on hand. You don't need a lot, but flipper, pop bumper, sling shot, ball trough launch coil. A spare can save you grief later.

LTG : )

#102 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Do you have the part that broke off ?

No. It isn't laying in the cabinet! This game is so weird. Here is the back story from the recepits I found inside:

Game purchased new by an arcade in Rome, Georgia. It sold in 2004 to a "high end" (that means high priced) amusement store north of Atlanta. In 2009, the previous owner bought it for $6,000 cash and a Ms. Pac-Man for $2,000 cash. Wow.

The lady I bought it from said they never removed the glass during the time they owned it. The game had five balls (not six), six switch errors, missing parts on the trough boards and this missing drop target part. The broken off pieces of the trough boards were not in the cabinet and neither is the drop target piece. Actually the inside of the cabinet is mysteriously clean. There was an opened goodie bag, manual, reciepts and plastics.

The playfield (underneath the dirt) is in very good shape. The right ramp has a melted spot from the 555 pop bumper bulb underneath of it. I have one on order (where is that package?!?!). I sure hope it gets here tomorrow or Saturday.

I'm checking to see if the gentleman I got today's coil from may have one of these drop target actuators laying around. I punched it up at marco's. It's just $7.95 but overnight shipping is $35.

I need to go to the hardware store, but this piece needs to be exactly the correct length and then bend at the right spot. I'm not sure if there is enough American Ingenuity to make that happen.

#103 6 years ago

I'd like to thank everyone for their help and support. The game is fully functional now with no errors. It's really fun and has good depth. My new ramp came in but I haven't installed it yet.

The room is pretty clean and the party should be good tomorrow. Thanks again!

#104 6 years ago
Quoted from Stack15:

I'd like to thank everyone for their help and support. The game is fully functional now with no errors. It's really fun and has good depth. My new ramp came in but I haven't installed it yet.

A job well done. Glad you worked your way through it !

#105 6 years ago

Be sure to post pics!

#106 6 years ago

I have a rookie question. Just bought a Spiderman and the left flipper or coil makes a loud buzzing noise when held down. Checked fuse and replaced, checked stroke limit switch-looks ok, could it be the coil is going bad and needs to be replaced. Any help-is appreciated.

#107 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I have a rookie question. Just bought a spiderman and the left flipper or coil makes a loud buzzing noise when held down. Checked fuse and replaced, checked stroke limit switch-looks ok, could it be the coil is going bad and needs to be replaced. Any help-is appreciated.

First try taking the coil stop off, then reattaching it again, or replace it.

There are MANY threads about Stern coil buzz here and on RGP as well...search it..very common problem with Stern games...

#108 6 years ago

I had that problem with my TSPP and it was the end of stroke switch. It sounds like you checked that already though.

#109 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Just bought a spiderman and the left flipper or coil makes a loud buzzing noise

I've found if you file the top of the coil stop and end of plunger, smooth. Helps a lot or eliminates it.

#110 6 years ago
Quoted from Stack15:

Reading through this thread was better than watching a romantic comedy with the wife.
A circus visit, drill sergeant (LTG screaming: YOU CAN DO ITTTT!!!!), and in the end, a fixed pin.
Can't wait to see the made-for-tv movie!

Congrats Stack! And again, LTGs advice saves the day. Kudos brother!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
There are 110 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside