You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-763.jpg
image-711.jpg
image.jpg
#1 9 years ago

No idea what I'm doing wrong here in trying to install the latest code update. I've downloaded the ZIP from Stern for my Pro, extracted the files, copied to my flash drive, and my STPro doesn't find the update on the flash drive. I know it's not the flash drive as I've used it in the past for updates. Suggestions?

File downloaded and extracted.

image.jpgimage.jpg

File shows as a .bin on my flash drive.

image-711.jpgimage-711.jpg

File cannot be found on STPro. Dip switch is set correctly.

image-763.jpgimage-763.jpg

-Paul

#2 9 years ago

only leave bin file on zip drive

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from PinsideTroll:

only leave bin file on zip drive

+1 for this ... When I tried to update the Version. I had a whole bunch of stuff on my USB.. deleted them all and reformatted that USB.then only added the .bin file. It worked awesome

#4 9 years ago

I had the same problem with a customers le last week . We went through 3 USB sticks before it finally took . Just make sure the stick is completely emptyand unzip folder and move to stick . Just be patient it's wierd that certain USB sticks just act different .

#5 9 years ago

How do you have the stick formatted?

#6 9 years ago

Wiping it clean was the trick! That's so strange that I've been able to update that machine before with a stick that has other stuff on it with no problem.

Thanks guys. It's sure fun to hear new call-outs and figure all the new additions.

#7 9 years ago

I recently tried to flash a ST pro with a usb stick that had the ST code on it as well as the new Met pro code on it. The ST would ONLY find the Met pro code and would ask if I wanted to install it. Had to take the Met pro code off of the stick and then the ST found the ST code no problem. This is really lame, Stern. It would not be that difficult to make the game look for IT"S OWN CODE!

I work on copiers for a living and I can plug in a USB with code for 20 different models on it and the machine will only look for the correct code to be loaded. Seems like a $5000-$8000 pinball machine could do the same thing.

#8 9 years ago

you touch yourself at night

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

you touch yourself at night

#10 9 years ago

family guy quote

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I recently tried to flash a ST pro withinith a USB stick that had the ST code as well as the new Met pro code on it. The ST would ONLY find the Met pro code and would ask if I wanted to install it. Had to take the Met pro code off of the stick and then the ST found the ST code no problem. This is really lame, Stern. It would not be that difficult to make the game look for IT"S OWN CODE!
I work on copiers for a living and I can plug in a USB with code for 20 different models on it and the machine will only look for the correct code to be loaded. Seems like a $5000-$8000 pinball machine could do the same thing.

I don't have this problem. I have all my code files on one stick and just use the +/- buttons to cycle through them.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I don't have this problem. I have all my code files on one stick and just use the +/- buttons to cycle through them.

OK, I don't think I tried that, but it was not apparent that that was even possible. It just found the Met and asked me yes/no did I want to install it.

#13 9 years ago

Yeah I think people get lulled into a false sense of security when the do an update with just one file on it. It does look like the machine had found the code, but it's just coincidence. You can see all the files on a stick, not just code files, by scrolling with the +/- buttons in the coin door.
Edit.. But only if they're in the root directory.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-wrong-with-me-trouble-installing-st-code and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.